Microsoft Surface

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score
Yea, unless they import it from the US. Anyway, you might want to look at the ASUS VivoTab RT. IMHO, I think it looks slicker than a surface.
Review say build quality is not good & eMMC storage is slow... Slick meh?

bedlamite

Reaction score
So it looks like we don't have very many choices locally when it comes to RT tablets? IIRC there's the Surface, which won't be on sale here yet (if at all), and there're the Asus and Samsung tablets. I'm fine with RT, Tegra 3 not so much...but I guess that's just what we're stuck with yeah? MS clearly has the best build quality, but if you were going for a RT tablet, which would everybody choose, the Asus or the Samsung?

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score
Actually hor, if willing to spend a bit more, the Atom-based tablets from Samsung & Lenovo are very capable! Just tried them just now.

junialum

Master Member
Reaction score
I would like the Surface Pro but my doubts lie with how the i5 will perform. I don't want a very hot tablet or one that actually has a audible fan. Battery life 7-8 hours is required.

NDWolfwood

Reaction score
So happy to see so many Surface fans and to know I'm not alone on all this.

Just watched the live stream and can't keep my excitement but the Surface really looks great. Sadly I won't be getting it yet cause getting it would mean carrying my 2011 Macbook Pro and the Surface together. Probably get the Surface2 when the time comes.

ashhong

Reaction score
So happy to see so many Surface fans and to know I'm not alone on all this.

Just watched the live stream and can't keep my excitement but the Surface really looks great. Sadly I won't be getting it yet cause getting it would mean carrying my 2011 Macbook Pro and the Surface together. Probably get the Surface2 when the time comes.

same, still need my mbp for work.

Is Surface launch in SG? Where can we get it?

not yet.

micheloving

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I would like the Surface Pro but my doubts lie with how the i5 will perform. I don't want a very hot tablet or one that actually has a audible fan. Battery life 7-8 hours is required.

You ought to wait for Haswell and window 8.5 or later to see anything near 4-6 hours.

dummypak

Reaction score
WTS: 3x Surface RT 32GB + Touch Cover (black)

hi all, I got a relative who is returning from US and he has bought 3 additional surface rt (32gb + black touch cover) and is looking to sell it for S$1100. Apparently he got an additional type cover too but not too sure how much he wants to sell that for (he is on the plane now back to sg with my copy of surface so i'm terribly excited).

Do PM me if you're interested!

masotime

Master Member
Reaction score
Mine will reach via cgw by next week Friday apparently. A US$250 premium for a 32GB Surface + Touch is pretty pricey though, but I guess there'll be someone willing to buy it at that price.

roflolmao

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

hi all, I got a relative who is returning from US and he has bought 3 additional surface rt (32gb + black touch cover) and is looking to sell it for S$1100. Apparently he got an additional type cover too but not too sure how much he wants to sell that for (he is on the plane now back to sg with my copy of surface so i'm terribly excited).

so expensive? think it would be tough to find a buyer.

Meepokseller

Reaction score
Mine will reach via cgw by next week Friday apparently. A US$250 premium for a 32GB Surface + Touch is pretty pricey though, but I guess there'll be someone willing to buy it at that price.

how much is your cgw shipping? Order from windows store?

cutiedoggy92

Master Member
Reaction score

Lol you think selling IPhone ah? That's like a $400 premium. If you charge extra $200 max maybe can get buyers luh but $400?!

masotime

Master Member
Reaction score
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.