Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I posted in the thread titled "Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission", of course I'm referring to SCB's trading account lah! :o

Yes I'm just trying to say its optional and be careful they can rule you not appropriate for investment and refused your acct even if you are above 21 years old or have ton of money or work in 5 years financial industry or even have ton of experience as long you don't meet the CAR minimum requirement hor..

You have a choice to do for normal brokerage firm but not sure for scb

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Yes I'm just trying to say its optional and be careful they can rule you not appropriate for investment and refused your acct even if you are above 21 years old or have ton of money or work in 5 years financial industry or even have ton of experience as long you don't meet the CAR minimum requirement hor..

You have a choice to do for normal brokerage firm but not sure for scb
I already have a normal brokerage firm account liao, just interested in this SCB account with no minimum commission lor. Yes I know that the account is basically a buying/selling of position against the bank which acts as banker, and can't buy/sell stocks done by other standard brokers, but it offers an option for those small punts. :o

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Just got a sms requesting for my action for MLT. I thought the DPU per unit was $0.017, the CSO told me $0.0105 only?

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Just got a sms requesting for my action for MLT. I thought the DPU per unit was $0.017, the CSO told me $0.0105 only?

DIVIDEND
Ex.Date: 24 Oct 2012
1712-30912,DRP SGD 0.0027 TAX EXEMPT

DIVIDEND
1712-30912,DRP SGD 0.0105 LESS TAX

DIVIDEND
1712-30912,DRP SGD 0.0039

SoulDealer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You got log in SCB online banking ? There got an option online trading. Before you can set up an account, you need to do a risk profile first. Then you can apply your trading account. Just fill in accordingly.

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
DIVIDEND
1712-30912,DRP SGD 0.0027 TAX EXEMPT

DIVIDEND
1712-30912,DRP SGD 0.0105 LESS TAX

DIVIDEND
1712-30912,DRP SGD 0.0039

Thanks mr sinkie.

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
You got log in SCB online banking ? There got an option online trading. Before you can set up an account, you need to do a risk profile first. Then you can apply your trading account. Just fill in accordingly.

Yes, so "accordingly" means what?

There are 3 options.

One is working in a financially-related company.
Second is having a diploma in financial matters.
Third is having 6 trades in a related stock.

How to fill in "accordingly"? :s22:

Nif1990

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

There are 3 options.

just checking, how many options do you need to be qualified?
1 out of 3, or must posses all 3 item
moi dont work in financial related company.
moi only got diploma in business
moi only traded forex before

SoulDealer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Doesn't matter actually. You just fill in and your account will be approved. They hardly will reject anyone.

There are 3 options.

choose the third one ?

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

"Option".

That means: 1 out of 3.

kritphine

Reaction score
I noticed some ppl here says that the exchange rates used are not favourable, then if I only intend to trade US markets, should I open a USD deposit account at SCB to fund my trading account? I saw that they have a USD deposit account with low / no charges and no minimum balance. Can exchange money with good rates outside then fund and deposit these USD. Would like to ask if this is advisable or not. Thanks.

doody_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I noticed some ppl here says that the exchange rates used are not favourable, then if I only intend to trade US markets, should I open a USD deposit account at SCB to fund my trading account? I saw that they have a USD deposit account with low / no charges and no minimum balance. Can exchange money with good rates outside then fund and deposit these USD. Would like to ask if this is advisable or not. Thanks.

The main advantage of the USD securities settlement account is that you only convert SGD to USD once, then keep it inside that account. When you need to purchase US shares, you use the USD in that account. When you sell your US shares, the USD goes back to that account.

In other cases, you would have to convert SGD to USD to buy the shares, and when it's sold the USD you get back is converted to SGD. It's this repeated conversion that causes you to lose a bit of money each time.

sanbecky

Reaction score
I used this platform for the first time yesterday, till today the amount has not been deducted from my securities settlement account.

Do i have to do anything?

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I used this platform for the first time yesterday, till today the amount has not been deducted from my securities settlement account.

Do i have to do anything?

Any payment/credit is T+3 meaning you made a trade yesterday, it might only be reflected on Monday in your securities settlement account. When you go to place a trade screen, there's a tab that you click to refresh your current trading balance. That's the amount that you're allowed to trade with.

sanbecky

Reaction score
Any payment/credit is T+3 meaning you made a trade yesterday, it might only be reflected on Monday in your securities settlement account. When you go to place a trade screen, there's a tab that you click to refresh your current trading balance. That's the amount that you're allowed to trade with.

Isit under the purchasing power? Mine appear SGD45, is there something wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.