The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

frinters

Reaction score
mine is also the same, just that it is more unsightly on the sides, no choice, either you cut or do rebonding to let it fall instead of letting it stick out
Yeah mine gets thick and ugly on the sides too, I have to stick them down with wax. Wonder if a perm would make it better?

osirisx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
guys ask you all ah.
always see those stars they have semi long hair (example korean stars)
when they style you dont see like the end of the hair (not hair root) one by one pop out very ugly. their hair all stick together and fall nicely in place

is it they do soft rebonding ?

climate
SEA is too humid, unlike korea/japan where its generally cooler and less humid

mgbymgbymgby

Master Member
Reaction score
guys ask you all ah.
always see those stars they have semi long hair (example korean stars)
when they style you dont see like the end of the hair (not hair root) one by one pop out very ugly. their hair all stick together and fall nicely in place

is it they do soft rebonding ?
they blow dry their hair to that style and apply alot stuff and spray. Ish really like nice nice no fizzy and won't messy one.

As many bros also stated, climate. They can few days don't wash hair de, while we must daily few times. Lesser chemical on hair and natural oil really better than harsh weather here.
Also different ppl have diff hairlines, maybe theirs are worst if they didn't went to salon before going to shows. That's why many time idols wear cap and hat when they got caught on screen

Last edited:

inkblot

Reaction score
Any tips/good videos to get good texture when styling hair? There must be more to it than just applying it from roots to ends evenly. Every time I get my haircut they style it nicely but even with the same wax I can't do it the next day.

Also do you guys wash out wax before going to bed? And shampoo everyday? I'm trying to avoid shampoo as it's harsh on the hair but probably equally as bad is leaving the wax in.

kampong boi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
of course shampoo the wax away, it is the lesser of the two evils, otherwise try changing your type of wax

cowed77

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This baby, confirm good ah? I'm gonna go for a short cut Liao, kalipok for more than half year, sian alr hahah.

People's park got stock tigi stuff? Anybody tried their bed head thickening paste before? Good?

chrissy-genesis

Reaction score
Slickback hairstyle with color or without ?

Hi, is it ok to dye my hair red while i have a slickback hairstyle ?
i have a fair skin, by the way.

dumborghini

Reaction score
Anyone tried before glo Matt clay? Bought it from ocean at Chinatown. The aunty there recommend, say better than the redken which I was gg to purchase.

AHHSee

Master Member
Reaction score
abit out of the point but still hair. how to have thicker eyebrow? my eyebrow like very little and light in color...

Horiv3

Master Member
Reaction score
Looks like osis hairspray only has small bottles now, anyone manage to get the normal bottles?

ZacharyA

Reaction score
hi guys, any good recommendation for hair style finisher(hair spray)?

Goldwell Sign Spray 5. it's those misty type and won't clog up your hair like a wet look... rather it will feel "powdery" when you touch... the pressure is very high and the hairspray is in very fine molecules... smells great too =)

Horiv3

Master Member
Reaction score
Goldwell Sign Spray 5. it's those misty type and won't clog up your hair like a wet look... rather it will feel "powdery" when you touch... the pressure is very high and the hairspray is in very fine molecules... smells great too =)

How is the holding strength like comparable to other hair sprays?
Easy to wash off?

yohzzz

Reaction score
Hi all, I started a thread without knowing that there was a hair thread here. Anyway, wanna check with you guys which salon will you recommend for a haircut where they will recommend styles that suit your face shape and hair texture for you?

Juz ORD not long ago and getting really kind of lost. Donno what kind of hair style should I cut.. So thinking of going to a salon where they will recommend good haircut that suit me..

little_ginna

Reaction score
I have thick, coarse hair that tends to stand up all over the place when it grows long. It seems like the only way to make it look halfway decent is to cut it every 3 weeks, which seems a bit excessive. Can anyone recommend a good hairstyle or a stylist who is good at styling this kind of hair?

mine is also the same, just that it is more unsightly on the sides, no choice, either you cut or do rebonding to let it fall instead of letting it stick out

but most asian thick and coarse hair are also deadly straight, i don't think rebonding works well either. doesn't softens much of the horse thick asian hair. I was thinking of doing an undercut (so my sides don't protrude out) and perming the top.

which brings me to my question, what length do you need to grow your hair for it to be ready to rebond/perm/etc?

kampong boi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I started a thread without knowing that there was a hair thread here. Anyway, wanna check with you guys which salon will you recommend for a haircut where they will recommend styles that suit your face shape and hair texture for you?

Juz ORD not long ago and getting really kind of lost. Donno what kind of hair style should I cut.. So thinking of going to a salon where they will recommend good haircut that suit me..

be prepared to have at least 2 haircuts before you get what you want.

I suggest you scour the internet for pictures/haircuts that you like, print or save it in your phone and then go to the salon and tell the stylist, they will tell you if it suits you or not, or at most alter a little bit to suit your head

Cokacola

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Went to a Salon by Jeric few days ago in Jcube, was a weekday noon theres only 1 customer beside me in there. It was my first time there so i was a little paranoid wanna cut anot, but went for it anyway cos lazy to find another one because i noticed this, 2 hair stylist cutting and stylin for that one customer as the other one is free went to help instead of go eat snake. :D

The guy who cut for me Miller or something looks and talks like jay chou and very soft i had to repeat and strain my small ears a few times. I told him i wanted my hair to stand but no mohawk type where the hair just stands in a straight line very boring (i usually do the back comb hair style abit like god of gambler but hair stands 45 degree backwards). He touch to get a feel of my head shape, then suggested i leave it up to him so i said ok since its my first time good to try his skills and vision.

The cut was quick and then he refer to his colleague for hair wash, washed with some VERY apple minty stuff and long it felt like it seeped into my brain, i say massaged my scalp for about 10-15 mins at least excluding rinsing which is about another 5-10 mins. After the usual blow dry and stylin, end of the day:

Place: 8/10 (Music and serenity just nice)

Hair cut satisfaction: 8/10 (quite impressed he cut to suit my head shape nicely and left my side burn form, usually other stylist just cuts them off)

Price: $48 (Short hair length)

Service: 10/10 (Very professional and great attitude by both hair dressor and aid, most impressive part is he provided my GF a blanket to cover her thighs while sitting down waiting for me as the air con is a little chilly on a rainy day)

I've been to many places bros recommended here and i got to say the best was Maeda @ Komachi (then paris) too bad he ish no more cause he dad passed away (went back japan donot return here already anot). So i'm taking this effort to appreciate and recommend good place for you guys who are looking for something similar, huat ah! :D

Last edited:

kampong boi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Komachi $60, Jeric $48, maybe CNY coming then go there cut :(

but still thumbs up for the review, no hard selling from Jeric? :s11:

deadbeat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any good hair spray to recommend? looking for something like the Osis 3 hairspray which currently can't find anywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.