The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyric-less

Reaction score
A couple of questions.

1. How damp should my hair be before I apply clay/wax on it? I usually dry it almost completely, but I find that it's kind of stiff and a little difficult to achieve the messy look with it.

2. Any tips for removing all that stuff out of my hair when I shower? After washing my hair more than five times with shampoo and conditioner, it still smells of volume boosting mousse and feels sticky.

Itachi978

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bought 4 tubs of osis hair gum fr swanston @ $12 each. not only they've loads of them. it's also a lot cheaper. i used 2 pay $14-$15/tub!!
2ngbted.jpg

Will this be hard to wash off?

sogatda

Reaction score
somehow after getting a stylist to layer & thin my hair, it still feels as thick as before, is this normal?

sogatda

Reaction score
Hi, possible to tabulate the list of best sellers?
Like which is the most ordered product for a particular brand

HairyPortal has ready stock available for

Syoss ture hard wax
Uevo wax
Arimino Spice Sister Freeze wax
Joico Clay
Sebastian Craft Clay
Fudge Matte Extra Hed

Head to hairyportal.com

Cheers!

10e5x@1610

Reaction score
Hi all fashioner,

My gf just reborn ed her hair last week, and she has bee complaining her hair gets oily easily now. why is that so and which shampoo can i recommend her to use? She wash her hair once daily. Black non dyed long hair.

Advice please

ZacharyA

Reaction score
A couple of questions.

1. How damp should my hair be before I apply clay/wax on it? I usually dry it almost completely, but I find that it's kind of stiff and a little difficult to achieve the messy look with it.

2. Any tips for removing all that stuff out of my hair when I shower? After washing my hair more than five times with shampoo and conditioner, it still smells of volume boosting mousse and feels sticky.

i always tend to let my hair dry completely before applying as damp hair not only weighs down and also dilute the holding power of the wax / clay... i don't use a hairdryer tho cos im too lazy... at times i do use to speed up the process in the morning...

i think the reason why you find it kind of stiff is the kind of wax you are using... able to comment on what brand of wax are you using?? if you are using gatsby... it's really kinda dry and "heavy"... im using renati rock hard.... hold isn't that "fantastic" but the control is good as well as texture... ultimately you need a hair spray to "Fix" the hair style after stylign with wax... wax alone should not be enough unless your hair is super thin...

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i always tend to let my hair dry completely before applying as damp hair not only weighs down and also dilute the holding power of the wax / clay... i don't use a hairdryer tho cos im too lazy... at times i do use to speed up the process in the morning...

i think the reason why you find it kind of stiff is the kind of wax you are using... able to comment on what brand of wax are you using?? if you are using gatsby... it's really kinda dry and "heavy"... im using renati rock hard.... hold isn't that "fantastic" but the control is good as well as texture... ultimately you need a hair spray to "Fix" the hair style after stylign with wax... wax alone should not be enough unless your hair is super thin...

I thought super thin hair is even harder to just use only wax?

Lyric-less

Reaction score

Yeap, I'm using Gatsby. Is there any products that have good control and hold? I'm hoping to not use hairspray if possible.

inkblot

Reaction score
Osis gel is pretty good but I find the smell too strong. It literally smells like I have been sprayed with a hose of perfume.

Anyone know any websites like evanstyle or bombhead that show a lot of hairstyles? Or like one of those hair catalogues in salons online

midlife

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
after styling my hair, it tends to drop by noon :(

any suggestion? mine is short hair btw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.