EDMW Knife Collectors

viix

Master Member
Reaction score
hey guys,

Anyone has any recommendations of sword display cases/stands? no wall mounts please.
I spend a few hours on ebay and other websites, they do not ship to Singapore or even if they do,it's so expensive till I can buy a baby LOLOL.

if you have any recommendations of a custom-made rack, do tell me too.
Im looking for a 3-8 tier rack.

better to get it custom made locally by a carpenter if you are looking for a display case..

Reaction score
Hi guys, newbie here, been wanting to get a SOG vulcan, the blade looks damn chio. should i get it from amazon or knife depot? these are the only 2 sites i know though. 3.5 inch blade is allowed in sg right?

viking

Reaction score
Hi guys, newbie here, been wanting to get a SOG vulcan, the blade looks damn chio. should i get it from amazon or knife depot? these are the only 2 sites i know though. 3.5 inch blade is allowed in sg right?

Amazon will not ship knives to SGP.
You can also check ebay to compare prices and shipment costs.

PaulKami

Reaction score
IMG_1788_zps1daafc74.jpg

Wow the bottom one, what is it again? Thinking of hooting one...

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
Generation 4 Hinderer

Here are some pics of my Hinderer flipper. It's a gen 4 XM18 3.5" spanto flipper in S35VN steel, stonewashed frame and blade, with OD green scale. All the goodies are here: shaving sharp edge, early lock-up, flips with zero wrist etc

Enjoy!!

ps: it may be seeking a new home if my tispine doesn't sell soon though, lol

IMG_1834_zpsd0a954b6.jpg

IMG_1843_zpsc56c30be.jpg

IMG_1841_zpsd521c02b.jpg

IMG_1842_zps2ee77a7a.jpg

IMG_1835_zpsbe5f2c9a.jpg

and some in hand shots....a Hinderer is certainly worth it, grippy, locks into your palm

IMG_1848_zps65f6f6a1.jpg

IMG_1846_zps284a939d.jpg

Last edited:

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
a couple more shots before stepping out to run errands =:p=:p=:p

if you have lotsa hongbao money or if you haven't bled from giving out lotsa hongbao money, hit me up for a dream flipper, lol....

IMG_1851_zpsfdfa53fd.jpg

IMG_1850_zpsdfd193ea.jpg

IMG_1849_zps4167e631.jpg

alantcy

Reaction score
nice XM-18.
Does the blade bend to the sides when u push it in a closed position?
It looks like it may scrap with the liner.

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
nice XM-18.
Does the blade bend to the sides when u push it in a closed position?
It looks like it may scrap with the liner.

nope, blade is centered and doesn't rub the liners at all. Rick's cnc milling is quite faultless.

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
cool, always wanted to own a Hinderer but its too rich for my blood :(

I remember my first custom. Prior to then, I had spent money on productions but always just admired customs from afar....always saying that it was outa my reach. But when I looked at my drawer, the aggregated value of the productions was more than the price of a custom. Eureka. I sold my productions, then pooled the money into a custom. But always keeping one production for 'abusive use' of the blade. You know, when it's really dirty, or when you are travelling.

Hinderers are a little pricey now that the only way to get them is via the aftermarket. Dealers have set the price benchmark, and the fact that one cannot buy direct compounds it. But, the pleasure in handling a well made tool is, I feel, worth the many dinners, drinks, massages etc that I've sacrificed to pay for it. YMMV =:p=:p=:p

Happy New Year knife knuts! Gong Xi Fa Chai!

Sigmazxcs

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new to knife collection.

I'm looking at getting a kershaw black shallot 1840CKT blem.
Any idea if it is controlled?

And what forwarding courier should I use? I think borderlinx doesn't allow knives and VPost is downright awful.

Thanks guys!

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new to knife collection.

I'm looking at getting a kershaw black shallot 1840CKT blem.
Any idea if it is controlled?

And what forwarding courier should I use? I think borderlinx doesn't allow knives and VPost is downright awful.

Thanks guys!

why don't you buy direct from a dealer that will ship abroad? you just need to assure the dealer that you will bear all risk of confiscation, theft or loss. Probably pay a little more - surely the convenience is worth it. That's what I do - if it goes kaput, I take the loss. I'm not sure if AO is allowed, but seems like some people have no problems with them.

Sigmazxcs

Reaction score
why don't you buy direct from a dealer that will ship abroad? you just need to assure the dealer that you will bear all risk of confiscation, theft or loss. Probably pay a little more - surely the convenience is worth it. That's what I do - if it goes kaput, I take the loss. I'm not sure if AO is allowed, but seems like some people have no problems with them.

Hi vespaguy,

I did consider getting direct, but most dealers don't have blems. The price of a blem is only $35 compared to $55 for the cheapest production blade.

I recall seeing someone talk about their kershaw leek that they have in Singapore. To play safe, already email cantonment. In case ICA want jiao wei.

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi vespaguy,

I did consider getting direct, but most dealers don't have blems. The price of a blem is only $35 compared to $55 for the cheapest production blade.

I recall seeing someone talk about their kershaw leek that they have in Singapore. To play safe, already email cantonment. In case ICA want jiao wei.

with the difference of only $20, is getting the blem worth it? You end up paying mote shipping by forwarding.

Sigmazxcs

Reaction score
with the difference of only $20, is getting the blem worth it? You end up paying mote shipping by forwarding.

Hmm, I'm not too sure too. But the blems are free shipment within CONUS, so I can use a forwarder thereafter. Anyway, what would you recommend?

I found a kershaw shallot for $55 at Knifeworks. How do they ship? Any idea how much too?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.