EDMW Knife Collectors

Sonic69

Reaction score
Got an unused Maxpedition Dodecapod for storing knives *tags still intact*.
Anybody interested? :)

Swee! I made my own.

JxHNRTw.jpg

PvSAZNy.jpg

LfDp0ep.jpg

nilfire77

Reaction score
I remember my first custom. Prior to then, I had spent money on productions but always just admired customs from afar....always saying that it was outa my reach. But when I looked at my drawer, the aggregated value of the productions was more than the price of a custom. Eureka. I sold my productions, then pooled the money into a custom. But always keeping one production for 'abusive use' of the blade. You know, when it's really dirty, or when you are travelling.

Hinderers are a little pricey now that the only way to get them is via the aftermarket. Dealers have set the price benchmark, and the fact that one cannot buy direct compounds it. But, the pleasure in handling a well made tool is, I feel, worth the many dinners, drinks, massages etc that I've sacrificed to pay for it. YMMV =:p=:p=:p

Happy New Year knife knuts! Gong Xi Fa Chai!

The fact that we cant buy direct from Hinderer and at MSRP just sux big time... Unless we have non-knifenut friends working in the US as EMTs, and even then he/her might not wanna help us as the profit margin of flipping an XM folder at the market price is simply too alluring.

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
The fact that we cant buy direct from Hinderer and at MSRP just sux big time... Unless we have non-knifenut friends working in the US as EMTs, and even then he/her might not wanna help us as the profit margin of flipping an XM folder at the market price is simply too alluring.

it's not just the margin, it would be circumventing Rick's policy so I would not expect my friend to do so just to get it. The Hinderers are about sgd1000. Do you think it's worth it, you'll be the judge. Here's a simple way of affording it.

For smokers, 1 pack = $12. Say you're a pack a day person, so $12 a day. If you reduce consumption to 3 packs a week, you save $48 a week. It will take you just 20 weeks to afford the Hinderer :). If you cut out Friday night binge drinking, you Can save $50 a week. If you take buses and trains instead of cabs, even more savings. It's just a matter of redistributing your spend:)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.