Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

feist_

Reaction score
i think they r basically charging u for 2kg because u is 0.07+ more liao than the 0.5kg jump
kids socks, in a box?

....but i dont think my socks can weigh 1.57kg leh.. it's not like i'm a kiddy elephant :x

anyway if in a box they should repack lol

kayaker

Reaction score
Has any bros/sis encountered this before?
Only just found out that Shipper's Export Declaration form is required for value of items above $2500usd. However, I only bought things from Amazon. So it was not really an exporter from US side.
Can anyone help?
I am using Vpost by the way, and the package is arriving on Mon night.'
Thanks!!

jacktanyq

Reaction score
Has any bros/sis encountered this before?
Only just found out that Shipper's Export Declaration form is required for value of items above $2500usd. However, I only bought things from Amazon. So it was not really an exporter from US side.
Can anyone help?
I am using Vpost by the way, and the package is arriving on Mon night.'
Thanks!!

technically when the item is ship out of USA it is consider an export.
contact their cso for assistance to fill up the form or alternatively you can ask the sender to change the value of the goods.

btw you do know that for anything above $400 (including C I F) will be taxed at 7% while entering singapore. and good luck on shipping on Vpost

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
need charges?

btw who tried the FOC borderlinx repackaging ah
good bor?

$5 for the repacking still more than worth it. And DHL tell me cannot deliver today cause past cutoff time already cause my item reached their delivery facility at 1026am. Thought I could experience their Sunday deliveries.

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
....but i dont think my socks can weigh 1.57kg leh.. it's not like i'm a kiddy elephant :x

Advice: Don't order single items, especially such small items. Small item does not mean small box.

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

it is very easy to hit 2kg in volumetric "weight", a 30cm by 30cm by 10cm box will already result in 2kg volumetric charge, and if I recall correctly, Ralph Lauren uses an even larger box to ship 1 polo shirt.

kayaker

Reaction score
technically when the item is ship out of USA it is consider an export.
contact their cso for assistance to fill up the form or alternatively you can ask the sender to change the value of the goods.

btw you do know that for anything above $400 (including C I F) will be taxed at 7% while entering singapore. and good luck on shipping on Vpost

I know about the GST. Am prepared to pay for it. But not this Shippers' Export Form, because in this case, there is no real exporter.

Singpost/Vpost should really put it in BIG RED sign to let people be aware of this, instead of hiding it in terms and conditions. If SingPost is selling the idea that we can buy items in US that are not shipped to Singapore, shouldn't they be at least warning people that there is an upper limit? If the exporter (especially big established companies such as Amazon/Microsoft/Google) is willing to fill in the export form, they would have already shipped it to Singapore. It is because they are not supposed to officially export, because of their commitments to DRMs, trade unions, copyright, blah blah, that they can't. Damn it.

I have to take part of the blame for not reading the terms and conditions, but Singpost/VPost also must take the major part of the blame, since they are the company making profit from all these international posting, with industry expert knowledge, but not doing a DARN thing about it. Asking the customer to settle the darn shipper export form when there is nothing the customer can do about it is just plain idiocy, and hiding behind "it is not my business" crap. Upon asking the customer service to put me through to the relevant department for assistance for a sample form, or asking them what are the details required in the form, they could only say they couldn't and asked me to try and fill in the form as much as I can, so they will process and send it to US. How do I know what information is required?

To all the bros/sisters reading this, I apologise for the rant. But I really need to find a way to let off steam..,..

sAxman_Returns

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey there
Batteries that are packed securely can be shipped. :)

If you're purchasing them, kindly note that we can't confirm whether they can be shipped, until we receive them. This is because merchant packaging can vary.

For products which come with Li-ion batteries (i.e., Nexus 4) - these are securely packed. Hence we are confident that they can be shipped.Thanks!

BS for nexus! I have shipped so many of loosely packed Nexus 7, all not properly sealed and they anyhow dump them into the box. What kind of standard is this? What's the definition of "securedly packed"? As long as you anyhow throw the box it will come out?

borderlinx have a state sales tax of 7% :) if you don't know how it was apply please ask mr google :)

never kena before, coz I will know during checkout. So far eBay items no tax, but if I were to buy from other online store, i will kena, so I only buy from eBay :)

davidquah

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
BS for nexus! I have shipped so many of loosely packed Nexus 7, all not properly sealed and they anyhow dump them into the box. What kind of standard is this? What's the definition of "securedly packed"? As long as you anyhow throw the box it will come out?

never kena before, coz I will know during checkout. So far eBay items no tax, but if I were to buy from other online store, i will kena, so I only buy from eBay :)

my recent nexus outer package got crushed by cgw.
luckily the actual nexus 7 box is mint :D

dante-z

Master Member
Reaction score
if i buy $200 item from amazon and $200 item from bhpvideo and ship via either of them (cgw,border,vpost) together , will i be charged gst ?

GST is based on total or each item ?

addicted-addiction

Reaction score
if i buy $200 item from amazon and $200 item from bhpvideo and ship via either of them (cgw,border,vpost) together , will i be charged gst ?

GST is based on total or each item ?

For cgw, declared value will be package A + package B. so yeah, you will be charged gst. I believe it is the same for all forwarders too. Only way to avoid is ship out seperately, but then again, calculate whether you will be paying more by consolidating and paying gst or shipping seperately and paying the charge twice before shipping them.;)

djayson

Reaction score
yes when the original shipment receipt from the merchant to CGW shows that the weight to be only 2kg...

do you still not think so?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.