Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

terumo

Reaction score
The_King,

I suggest 1 aircon unit to 1 isolater.
This is to prevent the isolater from tripping if both outdoor units are running and the wiring might get too hot due to high current drawn.
Safety reasons here.

For the heater issue, i duh think the models in Sg have this function.
Standby power is very min, i think you do not need to worry abt the consumption for the standby power.

Last edited:

terumo

Reaction score
to happykapy,

I suggest a invertor 9k for your bedroom which is used daily and a non inverter sys 3 for ur hall and the 2 bedrooms which is seldom being used.

terumo

Reaction score
to kleric,

This setup u mentioned.
If u on one unit, the Ftkd35 will perform like a 12k btu fcu.

If you on both @ the same time, they will perform like a 9k btu fcu.
Similar to Ftkd25.
No issue to undersize it as u use one unit only most of the time.

Pricing wise, you can consider Mit Electric.
They have a 2e20 outdoor unit. You can couple with Ge13.
More value for $, just my views... :)

zer08ight

Reaction score
aircon recommendation

Hi Mr Terumo

Can you recommend a system 4 for my flat, usage is about 8 hours from night till morning everyday

MBR - 2 persons
Common room 1 - 2 persons
Common room 2 - 2 persons
Study room (used as bedroom)- 1 person

I am worried that the 27k-28k btu compressors are not enough to cool the rooms, the switching on of the aircons are not at the same time though. thanks

terumo

Reaction score
to zer08ight,

Average hdb bedrooms requires ard 6-7k btu.
so 27k btu compressor should serve you well.

27k compressor, u on all 4 fcu. Each fcu ~ 6.5k btu. Still ok.

If you require ur room to be very cold like 20-22 degrees, u can consider the 36k btu compressor option to be safe.
If 36k btu, u on all 4 fcu, they still have 9k btu worth of cooling.

k3ong5

Reaction score
To k3ong5,

U replaced all ur piping 6 yrs ago together with all the wiring & trunking? or trunking alone?
I think ur living room requires min 12k or 18k btu.
Whats the square area?

hi Terumo..

if i am not wrong all wiring and trunking changed..

my living square area is around 44 sq meter..

got any recommendation?.. or do i have to change trunking and wiring again?

happykapy

Reaction score
to happykapy,

I suggest a invertor 9k for your bedroom which is used daily and a non inverter sys 3 for ur hall and the 2 bedrooms which is seldom being used.

Thank you for your advice!

The aircon man trying to sell me Daikin, because he says it has special promo now.

However I checked the price, Mitsubitshi Electric is 1.3k cheaper for same setup.

Sys 2 - 18 / 12
Sys 2 - 9 / 9

What are your comments on Daikin vs M.E?
Any advice?

terumo

Reaction score
to k3ong5,

If u seldom top up gas over the last 6 years, can consider using back the piping.

If they are exposed and can be changed, if price difference not a lot, then u change will be better.

44 sq meter, u require a 24k btu fancoil to cool it down.

yamsandmoreyams

Reaction score
Hi,

Thinking of getting a new aircon for my 4rm HDB. Been using the old National ones for years and years, they've been leaking and all for about 4 years now and I finally buay tahan liao, got my parents on board to change.

Thinking of getting a ME Sys 3 Inverter, the MXY-3A28VA + 3 x MSY-GE10VA, for all 3 bedrooms. 1 room aircon is on about 10-12hr daily, MBR usage quite low, maybe once a week, the other room we plan to rent out so depends on the person renting it lor.

Q1) Do I need a replacement steel bracket?

Q2) What is the standard materials that most dealers offer, and what is the recommended material? Like 0.61mm copper pipe, 3/8 insulation, 16mm drainage pipe, etc.

Q3) What are some of the dealers that are consistently good in their worksmanship? Don't mind paying a bit more. Other than the big ones like GC, courts, Best Denki, HN, Coolserve, etc, are there any smaller companies offering good worksmanship and aftersales service?

Tks for the help

Akai Ryu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what is the issue if there's water leaking from bottom of compressor unit???? :(

terumo

Reaction score
To Akai Ryu,

Water leaking from the outdoor unit is normal.

U may wish to install a water tray to channel the water back to your house toilet. But have to maintain the tray as it may breed mozzies...

terumo

Reaction score
to yamsandmoreyams,

1. Bracket, need to measure whether ur existing one will fit a not.
If i am not wrong, Mit Electric cannot fit National bracket.

2. Standard materials are 3/8 insulation, g23 copper and 13mm drainage.
Rest are upgrades usually.

3. Can pm for recommendations.

k3ong5

Reaction score
to k3ong5,

If u seldom top up gas over the last 6 years, can consider using back the piping.

If they are exposed and can be changed, if price difference not a lot, then u change will be better.

44 sq meter, u require a 24k btu fancoil to cool it down.

hi Terumo guru..

i went to courts just to ask around what is offered..
the sales guy mentioned that 24K BTU is required for my living room..

and he said that so far only Fujitsu and MEX has 24K BTU system 4..
being totally clueless about aircons.. i am not sure whether he is telling the truth or not..
he also said that in the package includes 45feet of trunking and piping for each aircon..

would you recommend either of these brands?

ikingsleyu

Reaction score
to yamsandmoreyams,

Q1) Do I need a replacement steel bracket?
-its depend on which brand do u want to purchase, can try get the catalog and make appointment with the installer of the air con company.during the site visit u can measure together with the installer..to make sure ur existing bracket can be use back or not.

Q2) What is the standard materials that most dealers offer, and what is the recommended material? Like 0.61mm copper pipe, 3/8 insulation, 16mm drainage pipe, etc.
-standard will be G23 (0.61mm copper piping, 3/8 insulation and 16mm drainage piping).

Q3) What are some of the dealers that are consistently good in their worksmanship? Don't mind paying a bit more. Other than the big ones like GC, courts, Best Denki, HN, Coolserve, etc, are there any smaller companies offering good worksmanship and aftersales service?
-can try search air-con at google search..it will come out many air con company that provide installation service beside the big company like GC.

Hope this can help you.

Akai Ryu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To Akai Ryu,

Water leaking from the outdoor unit is normal.

U may wish to install a water tray to channel the water back to your house toilet. But have to maintain the tray as it may breed mozzies...

Thanks thats what my ac contractor says too but told me no harm get ac coy to check.

Mine is on concrete slab so can leave alone? Anyway heres how the leaking look like. Directly fr under the unit.

QFzNEAe.jpeg

tremor

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys need advice, today I went to look at some of the air-con at IMM. Best denki should be avoided because everything costs extra money and not included. Gain City is also slightly higher price than All Best. The other shop I think call Best Tech, the ATB trying to smoke me, talk a lot of nonsense that does not make sense.

To me All Best still gives me the best experience when quotation.

I'm now looking at Sharp inverter system 3 BTU 9k x 2, 12k x 1 which is the first choice, quoted $2699 includes installation, removal of old air-con, upgrade piping and insulation, but does not include bracket, have to see if old one can be reused. The sharp model is this AU-X3M24MV. Anybody got experience with Sharp, is it comparable to other leading brands? I like the ionizer which they have on their air purifier.

The other choices are Fujitsu LU series $2799 and Panasonic CU-3S27MKZ forgot price think its $2599.

Which brand out of the 3 should I go for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.