EZLink or NETS Flashpay with credit cards

invisible999

Master Member
Reaction score
I've spent some time researching EZLink vs. NETS FlashPay topic and can't come up to the conclusion which is better.

In terms of EZLink - mainly used for transportation (public transport, ERP, parking) and some, not too many retail outlets are accepting it. It can be linked with autoreload option using credit cards by EZ-Reload scheme with DBS POSB card (2% cashback). Another autoreload option is with HSBC Revolution card - 7% cash back on EZLink autoreload but only of one spends more than $300/mo on purchases. OK, clear.

Now with NETS FP situation is not that clear to me. What I understand is in addition to be used for transportation, more retail outlets are accepting it comparing to the EZLink, plus it also accumulates Linkpoints on changes (however on horrendously bad rate - $30 per 1 point, compare it to 2 points per $1 at FairPrice). However if the FP card has outoreload option like EZlink's EZ-Reload and if yes, which credit cards work with it and what kind of benefits/cashback they offer - is still unknown to me.

Can anyone clarify? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

martxx

Reaction score
Ezlink for sure. It is accepted in more locations.
Can be used for Comfort and Citicabs.
Can be used for Sentosa Express. Nets flashpay cannot.
My experience is even in locations that accept Nets flashpay, the machine often breaksdown or is unusable.

Soon__

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
The only place where NETSFlashPay has advantage will be now most NETS machines support NETSFLASHPAY function.

However, I don't think there is any credit cards now (Except those cash rebates upon minimum spending) that give a decent amount of cash rebates for Netflashpay ATU.

coolhead

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Flashpay for me....

especially for purchases. For eg, when i go to NEX NTUC for eg, i just use flashpay at the self-payment kiosk and it's so much faster compared to NETS/debit/credit payments.

And now that those 2nd generation IU can accept FlashPay also, i can just put on the IU and it has many nets top up terminal islandwide. The ez-link infrastructure for carpark does not seem as matured.

And let's face it, give me a choice to use EZ-link for purchase vs my credit card, let me use my credit card anytime. I believe my credit card can chalk up more points with better priveleges than what the flashpay/ez-link can allow.

It seems like so far, flashpay has collaboration with Maybank platinumdebit card to offer auto-reload.

innumerabilis

Reaction score
EZ-link for sure. I bought a Nets Flashpay card when it first came out, only to realise that it didn't work for the Sentosa skytrain, didn't work for Pinnacle@Duxton Skypark, and didn't work for NUS photocopying machine.

I refunded it and am now using my debit card's EZ-link purse.

martxx

Reaction score
Ezlink can be reloaded with a credit card.
So you still can get points from your credit card.

bobaccord

Reaction score
Flashpay for me. I used flashpay for taxi rides (very fast, dont have to wait for change), Macdonalds (thankfully now no more 5 cents change), Koufu, 7-11.

zjjx1977

Reaction score
just received ocbc Frank card,it came with FP facility & also has been auto activated, $50 auto topup when balance low. also believe the auto topup will get 0.5% rebate

zjjx1977

Reaction score
Flashpay not part of the $500 monthly requirement, right?

cso told me is included. but if once get $60 rebate then the 0.5% from FP autotop can ignore, since main usage still on ezlink which can either earn 5% rebate or 10x points.

zjjx1977

Reaction score
anyone try topup ezlink with top&tap from Mobile? seems browers no support le. I'm using Nexus 4, previously S3 also can't.

frustrateddude

Reaction score
I saw the ad on ezlink website, says can do top tap with Mastercard and OCBC mobile banking

OCBC mobile banking allows topup of ezlink from its saving account only.

anyone try topup ezlink with top&tap from Mobile? seems browers no support le. I'm using Nexus 4, previously S3 also can't.

For mobile top up, it seems not using phone browser. It should be using "EZ-Link" apps as shown :

http://www.ezlinknfc.com/nfc-app/

Nexus 4 is not in the list of the supported phone- Samsung 3 is.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.