[NAS] Synology NAS owner club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

twitism

Reaction score
from what i understand, ACE is the distributor to all the shops in SG except for memory world

cljinsg

Reaction score
There is no simple way to do it unfortunately. You have to copy it all to somewhere before you can do it. Upgrade to another Synology NAS is just a matter of plugging out the old drives and putting them into the new one, but changing the drives is an entire different ball game.

If I'm not wrong and assuming it is SHR, replace a 3TB disk with a 4TB disk, let it repair the volume. Repeat to replace all the 3TB disk this way 1 by 1. It will eventually expand the volume.

oreacr

Reaction score
I'm keen on the 1812+, but also aware that the 1813+ will be releasing in just a few months. Since the differences are slight, does anyone know, based on past models, do the dealers lower the prices of the outgoing models?

Vulpix

Reaction score
I'm keen on the 1812+, but also aware that the 1813+ will be releasing in just a few months. Since the differences are slight, does anyone know, based on past models, do the dealers lower the prices of the outgoing models?

For Synology nope.

deepblueKM

Reaction score
Ddns on router, can leave it as disabled. On your synology, make sure your ddns settings are correct. In addition, on the ddns side, ensure that the ddns website/host directs to your IP address given to you by your provider. For me I'm using dlinkddns so the ddns website tells me what ip I'm using (the one accessing the ddns web page) just check that and also that the ports are correctly forwarded on your router.

For me I directly configure the ports on th router and I don't use the ddns to help me configure and override the rules in the router

hi hi just to share. I managed to get WOL works on WAN. I found out the WOL port for my router model and set port forward on it. At first, it still didn't work after save port forward setting... after that, I found out I missed a very stupid step, once REBOOT the router and tried again using mobile WOL app, my NAS just turn on by itself over 3G. :s12:

trashley

Reaction score
ASUS AC66U is not supported in EZ-Internet. have to setup portforwarding manually. :(

trashley

Reaction score

lingcw

Reaction score
hi hi just to share. I managed to get WOL works on WAN. I found out the WOL port for my router model and set port forward on it. At first, it still didn't work after save port forward setting... after that, I found out I missed a very stupid step, once REBOOT the router and tried again using mobile WOL app, my NAS just turn on by itself over 3G. :s12:

Oh... what router model are you using? Also, what is the WOL port for your router?
Thanks in advance.

echeong

Master Member
Reaction score
Need help here from lao jiao bros. I migrated my 4x500gb from my old CS-406 to the DS413J and everything went smoothly (data and all) except for photo station. It was working ok with DSM3.1 on the CS-406 but now I basically can't open it even on my LAN. Tried un-install and re-install photo station but didn't work. But funny enough the pics are accessible on DS Photo+ app on my iphone and ipad.
See pic below on blank page on firefox and internal 500 server error on IE when I tried to open the link.
photostation_zps2ed3eef4.jpg

I had this happened once but after a reboot it was working fine. Try chrome, reinstall JRE?

Managed to get the photo station working by resetting and re-installing the DSM.
Thanks.

Vulpix

Reaction score
Wah sian, really my NAS 2nd bay got problem. Gonna go consult Memory world since I bought from them, hope can repair. :(

billavilla

Reaction score
my friend told me the service from ACE is bad. So it is better to read the the fineprint on the T&C if set faulty.

billavilla

Reaction score
by the way, i met someone at the IT SHOW 2013 when i was at VIDEO PRO booth. Now i read the thread and know that they are under EA. He also told me that his set was faulty and send to EA and never hear from them for 1 month. Luckily i never buy from Video Pro. God send message.

alpc

Reaction score
Sounds like people have issues with all 3 distributors when it comes to servicing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.