[NAS] Synology NAS owner club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chys

Master Member
Reaction score
I think it also depends on your router? I enabled 4k on mine and speeds increased. A quick check on snb forums also showed that my Engenius 9850 supports jumbo frames, although not documented.

Haha oops perhaps I forgot to turn jumbo frame on my n66. I will try again tonight and let u guys know.

Vulpix

Reaction score
Yeah speeds increased on mine as well but very slightly, plus I am already getting 100 - 110 MB/sec, even 110->120MB/sec does not make a difference to me. If I get <90MB/sec transfer I will be suspecting the problem is elsewhere and will not be trying to get back speed by jumbo frames.

I guess what I'm saying is real world performance decrease, or slowness, cannot be fixed by jumbo frames. Once you fix these problems, things will be fast anyway and jumbo frames will not make a big diff, that's why I am fine living without jumbo frames. In fact introducing it create more variables that I am happier to live without.

But of course this is just my own opinion of things :)

Your router satki mah. :( Mine had to enable to squeeze out that extra 8-9MB/s. :(

TopGun

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Those of you getting > 100MB/s, I suppose you are using at least a 3 disk set up right?

Using 2 disk on mirror mode, the best I could achieve is 70MB/s reading from nas to PC ssd and 50MB/s from PC to nas configured as iscsi.

LemonT

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think it also depends on your router? I enabled 4k on mine and speeds increased. A quick check on snb forums also showed that my Engenius 9850 supports jumbo frames, although not documented.

Where's option to set jumbo frame for 9850? I can't seem to find it

xJeris

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ok i fixed it already. it is hibernating whenever possible.THanks.

btw.

I can see my DS file under the quick connect option but i can't see the other apps like DS download or photos?

Any reason?

quekky

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you wanna use jumbo frame, then make sure that your source & dest & everything in between supports it

quekky

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

ckhj20

Reaction score
1000 is giga mode. Your cable is it CAT5e and above? I already seen before fake or bad quality CAT5e cables people buy from certain sites. Replace and see if it's still happening. If it still doesn't help, most likely your problem is elsewhere.

Yes, I got it after mapping the Drive. Its now hovering at 30mbps at File Explorer whereas its only 5mbps in Synology File Station.:s11:

I have enabled 7k Jumbo Frame on both 212J + Network Port.:s12:

Anyone care to enlighten? Is there a specific reason for the File Station?

Thanks.

Chys

Master Member
Reaction score
Haha oops perhaps I forgot to turn jumbo frame on my n66. I will try again tonight and let u guys know.

Again I'm not sure why, but after I enabled Jumbo Frame on my N66 and DS213, the speed dipped alittle... the best is still disable Jumbo Frame for my home network... I wonder why...

ckhj20

Reaction score
Again I'm not sure why, but after I enabled Jumbo Frame on my N66 and DS213, the speed dipped alittle... the best is still disable Jumbo Frame for my home network... I wonder why...

Mine did increase after enabling the Jumbo Frame though. about 3-5mbps speed boost.

My Write speed is now about 30mbps whereas Read speed is also about the same. I thought Reading speed is supposed to be faster man..

Gribber

Banned
Reaction score
Mine did increase after enabling the Jumbo Frame though. about 3-5mbps speed boost.

My Write speed is now about 30mbps whereas Read speed is also about the same. I thought Reading speed is supposed to be faster man..

usually, but not always.

TheDisgruntedCitizen

Master Member
Reaction score

Jumbo Frame works best when everything connected from computer, router, switch and NAS, all talks on the same frame. That is most difficult especially in a home network as different equipment has a different frame settings and most of the time, are incompatible with each other.

yodajedi01

Reaction score
a quick check.
Do anyone here have exp in installing 3rd Party Source in to Synology

I've a DS207+ (DSM3.1 firmware) and wanted to try out 3rd Party Souce (Transmission 2.77).
I have the source Package install.
My Qus is do I need to do SSH into my NAS to config the rest the Setting?
or I just need to create a Folder for Transmission.
I google, some says SSH Transmission spk Manual - SynoBlog and others say create Folder Transmission HowTo - SynologyWiki.
I'm still a bit No Heads No Tails about it

junkang2004

Reaction score
Any way to increase transfer speed?
Last night I try to direct connect computer to 1512+ via 5e cable(buffalo brand), the speed slowly increase but the max is 9mb/s.
1512+, 4 x 3TB WD red @ SHR.

kero89

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any way to increase transfer speed?
Last night I try to direct connect computer to 1512+ via 5e cable(buffalo brand), the speed slowly increase but the max is 9mb/s.
1512+, 4 x 3TB WD red @ SHR.

what's your pc specs? Sorry if this have been answered, but looking thru from the post since you got your 1512+ on the 16th but didn't find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.