Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
It's USD1000.

But does that matter?

I've already paid for 7% GST at customs, and I don't know how Comgateway spilts the rest with DHL, or if they even split the cost.

Stop worrying, DHL is not going to ask you to pay for GST. CGW has already collected it from you, as part of the shipping charges.

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Stop worrying, DHL is not going to ask you to pay for GST. CGW has already collected it from you, as part of the shipping charges.

Your package will arrive duty paid, so there is nothing else payable.

However, when you buy via CGW, you actually pay *more* for GST, as they effectively collect 7.35% from you instead.

US$360.80 x 1.494= S$539.04

7% GST = S$37.73
+ 5% Service Charge (because we incur bank processing charges too) = S$1.89
Total Tax = S$39.62 (USD26.79)

In other words, shopping with CGW = 7.35% GST!
Guess I'll stick with Borderlinx.

Last edited:

foreveru13

Master Member
Reaction score
Can someone help me ??
I tried to do a puchase from US under Vpost yesterday but but couldn't complete the order as I keep getting that msg "credit card is not charge, try again"

But after, I receive a call from my credit card co. informing me that the attempts that I had tried earlier has been reflected on their end. Only that the payment has not been accepted by the seller from US.

Thinking that it might be due to the fate that S'pore issued credit card is not accepted, I went on to tried on Comgateweay, using the "Buy for Me"option.
But again, almost to the end of completeing the purchase, I got the prompting again, "credit card has not been charged, try again".......

Has anyone encountered wat I am encountering, or any advise to how to complete any purchase from US that do not accept local CC......

Ur bank like many prob hor, u ask the bank did the block u from buying overseas stuff like capp u at 500 n u buy 1k? Some need authentication on purchase..
Try another card is my suggestion.

Me use debit uob also ok..

As for the tax for goods exceeding 400$, cgw will charge u w the shipment when they received it so pay them will do.

kayden

Reaction score
Can someone help me ??
I tried to do a puchase from US under Vpost yesterday but but couldn't complete the order as I keep getting that msg "credit card is not charge, try again"

But after, I receive a call from my credit card co. informing me that the attempts that I had tried earlier has been reflected on their end. Only that the payment has not been accepted by the seller from US.

Thinking that it might be due to the fate that S'pore issued credit card is not accepted, I went on to tried on Comgateweay, using the "Buy for Me"option.
But again, almost to the end of completeing the purchase, I got the prompting again, "credit card has not been charged, try again".......

Has anyone encountered wat I am encountering, or any advise to how to complete any purchase from US that do not accept local CC......

hi there,

i'm running a little startup that could help you with purchases that do not accept local CC. we offer a buyforme service that would allow you to purchase from websites that accept only us-based credit cards, and have the products sent to your address with any freight forwarder.

the cost in sgd is simple to calculate: 1.29 * (total cost of goods in USD).

you can visit us at BuyForMe Express!

kenzie

Reaction score
anyone know how much is the lowest shipping cost Borderlinx charge for just a micro usb cable?

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
anyone know how much is the lowest shipping cost Borderlinx charge for just a micro usb cable?

it is probably not cost effective to ship a micro USB cable from USA via BDL or CGW. eBay will be a better solution for you.

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
The declaration of the value at CGW is in USD right?

nnkkff

Reaction score
Shipping laptop using cgw

Hi, I was thinking of using CGW to help me ship a laptop from lenovo US. Is this adviceable? how much extra cost would i have to pay?

i read abt the shipping cost frm cgw, insurance cost frm cgw, BuyForMe cost frm cgw, den there is tax by sg customs and dangerous goods surcharge by dhl...? so how exactly does it work? thanks!

package is worth 650 USD and ard 6.61lbs (3kg)

Thanks!

p.s i calculated a value of 850 USD is it correct??

Last edited:

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hi, I was thinking of using CGW to help me ship a laptop from lenovo US. Is this adviceable? how much extra cost would i have to pay?

i read abt the shipping cost frm cgw, insurance cost frm cgw, BuyForMe cost frm cgw, den there is tax by sg customs and dangerous goods surcharge by dhl...? so how exactly does it work? thanks!

package is worth 650 USD and ard 6.61lbs (3kg)

Thanks!

p.s i calculated a value of 850 USD is it correct??

Still have to add 7% GST. Does Lenovo has international warranty if not I don't think it's worth it to get big item, especially electronics.

nnkkff

Reaction score
Still have to add 7% GST. Does Lenovo has international warranty if not I don't think it's worth it to get big item, especially electronics.

added GST le.. the warranty dnt have nvm ba.
But is CGW better den borderlinx for laptop shipping? as in reliable and safe?

Thanks!

etegration

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

and power pin you need to bring a converter wherever you go...

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
My package just reached Cincanatti, OH. So for some of you, your packages went from Portland to LA then to Ohio?

roycechan

Reaction score
CGW

I just used CGW to ship a kindle paperwhite to sg. With the POSB everyday card, the shipping only cost me US$3 after the $10 discount! The promo was automatically activated after keying in the credit card details. Shiok. :s12:

From the POSB Everyday Card website:
Enjoy faster shipping for your online purchase
Shop from over 1,000,000 U.S. online stores with the leader in the U.S. online shopping and shipping

Free Express international shipping upgrade
US$10 off international shipping for first-time customers

addicted-addiction

Reaction score
I just used CGW to ship a kindle paperwhite to sg. With the POSB everyday card, the shipping only cost me US$3 after the $10 discount! The promo was automatically activated after keying in the credit card details. Shiok. :s12:

From the POSB Everyday Card website:
Enjoy faster shipping for your online purchase
Shop from over 1,000,000 U.S. online stores with the leader in the U.S. online shopping and shipping

Free Express international shipping upgrade
US$10 off international shipping for first-time customers

congrats to your virgin post :s13:

DestinyDreamer

Master Member
Reaction score
Never Use Vpost. Like never ever use their service seriously:mad::mad:!!! Freaking Slow and inefficient. It's shipping fees slightly higher/same with most shipping services also. 30%-50% slower than most reshipping services.

Spongy

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi there

We reply all customer emails within 1-2 business days. Were you using your registered email with us? Do PM us your Suite ID so we can investigate.

Repack is done by transferring items to a polybag, or by cutting down on the box. Hence we can only repack if there is room in the merchant packaging for repack.

As for fees: Charges for Repack
Box cut downs: US$7 charge per package (US$5 for Prime customers)
Box transferred to bag: US$5 charge per package (US$3 for Prime customers)
Repacking service adds an extra 1 to 2 business days to the delivery date of your shipment.

Consolidation
Complimentary for 1st 3, US$1 for each subsequent package (maximum of 15 pkgs/shipment). This fee is waived for Prime users

Our website does state all fees. Please kindly login to comGateway.com, and click "Services and Support" in the top right corner of the page. From there, you'll see a link to "Shipping Rates, Fuel Surcharge & Insurance".
Hope this helps.

I tend to agree that CGW never reply to emails, so don't bother with emails. Neither do BDL. Vpost is the only one that reply to emails. On the other hand, I don't use vpost if I have a choice and my choice is still with CGW, for now. My preferred method of communicating with CGW is via online chat.

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Never Use Vpost. Like never ever use their service seriously:mad::mad:!!! Freaking Slow and inefficient. It's shipping fees slightly higher/same with most shipping services also. 30%-50% slower than most reshipping services.

You left out the part where vpost charges extra for insurance so if your package gets lost during shipping then can kiss goodbye

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.