Microsoft Surface

davin

Reaction score
If you're willing to take a hit on performance, the Atom Win 8 tablets as suggested above, e.g. Lenovo ThinkPad 2 and Dell Latitude 10, generally have very good battery life.

It's definitely not as fast as the Surface Pro, but closer to the Surface RT performance. Only thing is they can be quite pricey (~1k SGD and above).

Some of the models in the market can be found here:

Roundup: Atom-based Windows 8 tablets - Roundup - Tablets - CNET Asia

kyleongwl

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
went and the unit still available.
like the type cover..(the blue color)
It's a unique material..soft.

As its win8, did not pick up the unit.
Nice product though.

lexmarq

Reaction score
According to Microsoft Singapore Facebook reply to one person regarding the warranty:

Capture.JPG

For those of us who bought the surface from US, :s12::s12::s12:

phazer89

Reaction score
Went to check it out just now, sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet design. The Touch Cover definitely needs some getting used to though. Wonder why they can't just load up the demo sets with some of the free games (also something they don't do on Windows 8 hardware in general, last I checked)...

acpical

Reaction score
Was at the launch and asked when the Pro was arriving. A few maintained the official response but the last one said 'weeks'.

Of course, I am grabbing at straws since I am eyeing one, and I try not to put too much credence in that single reply. But if even Microsoft SG site says the Pro is coming soon, why not?

123456tw

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i have a question
can i transfer songs from mirosoft surface rt
to my handphone?
if i plug a portable hard disk drive will it detect it?

Last edited:

phazer89

Reaction score
Was at the launch and asked when the Pro was arriving. A few maintained the official response but the last one said 'weeks'.

Of course, I am grabbing at straws since I am eyeing one, and I try not to put too much credence in that single reply. But if even Microsoft SG site says the Pro is coming soon, why not?

Well once they start releasing it in other countries it'll be a good indicator.

i have a question
can i transfer songs from mirosoft surface rt
to my handphone?
if i plug a portable hard disk drive will it detect it?

If your phone connects as a USB device, yep. If it requires a program (e.g. iTunes for iPhone) then you're out of luck since you can't install traditional desktop programs. If you're using Windows Phone 8 you can use the Windows Phone app to transfer as well (or just drag and drop).

And yes, it'll detect hard disks (and a whole lot of other USB devices), which is one of the great things about Surface. :D

lexmarq

Reaction score
Thinking of selling my black touch cover to get a type cover here locally. Anyone interested? Hahaha

game goondu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so how many hoot local set?

still waiting for ms to announce the surface pro availability in sg.

echoblue

Reaction score
Me me ! I am in the queue now, still the first 100

I was the 101st in q, was sad at first but they told me 101 onwards will still get the powerbank so i stayed at the q. then lo and behold after 30 mins of waiting, a staff approached me and was told that it was my lucky night. apparently someone left the q so i became the 100th! that made my evening!!! :s12: they even shook my hand and congratulated me (that was too much though hehe) :s13:

got the 64GB option + cyan cover. i noticed most buyers bought the 32GB (which was not surprising!)

Last edited:

lexmarq

Reaction score
Just my opinion after using the touch cover for 4 month. If you are intending to type alot on your surface, get the type cover. I just bought the type cover to replace my touch cover and the difference was almost day and night (for me).

merlot6230

Reaction score
I recall a few give up while waiting too long, lucky organizer fed me with biscuit and mineral water if not i head off to have dinner.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.