Nikon or Canon?

weap0nx

Master Member
Reaction score
For newbie it appears T4i and D5200 are the best choices.

Someone already pointed out that you are buying into the system and therefore you will need to study the range of lenses available.
However i think over 80% (this is bro science guesstimate) of people who buy low end DSLR to begin will never move on to buy other lenses.

So as a kit, it appears the Nikon D5200 is better. High resolution sensor, pop out flash works better.

I do believe the second hand market is bigger for Canon, just counting the number of threads at clubsnap, very rough estimate

I have used Canon all the way fyi.

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The much better n realiable flash output of Nikon alone is enough say...;)

yanyanyan881

Reaction score

the 50mm 1.2 80mm 1.2 is enough to choose canon. hehe.

no la. actually both sides got their own strengths. u like nikon flash but not everyone is the same as you.

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the 50mm 1.2 80mm 1.2 is enough to choose canon. hehe.

no la. actually both sides got their own strengths. u like nikon flash but not everyone is the same as you.

what is the use of F1.2 when at F1.2 the pics is not sharp and lots of chromatic aberration .. need to stop down to get sharp pic...;)

yanyanyan881

Reaction score
what is the use of F1.2 when at F1.2 the pics is not sharp and lots of chromatic aberration .. need to stop down to get sharp pic...;)

since you are into flashes, i agree Nikon is the better one. its good for you. but remember there are millionsss of users out there are not flash users; street, landscape, photojournalist, marine photographers :) everyone has very specific needs that diff manufacturers. like pentax who makes very very value for money dslr and unique pancake lenses that other manu cant compete.:)

Last edited:

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
since you are into flashes, i agree Nikon is the better one. its good for you. but remember there are millionsss of users out there are not flash users; street, landscape, photojournalist, marine photographers :) everyone has very specific needs that diff manufacturers. like pentax who makes very very value for money dslr and unique pancake lenses that other manu cant compete.:)

U are wrong ... Wherther to use flash or not is the intented effect u wanna get. Yr quotes those not flash users is misleading ...

At least a Nikon user when facing situation he/she need to use flash be it built in or external the output is much more accurate n consistent. I used canon so I know how frustrated it can be...

yanyanyan881

Reaction score
not all users are strobists (tt's what i mean sry my english isn't clear). for many users, flash system is not high up on their list. some ppl look for af system, lens system, ergonomics, and even community. come on, my point is both brands are good for diff peolpe.

u do agree with me diff camera brand suits diff ppl, dont u? :)

Last edited:

Gribber

Banned
Reaction score
U are wrong ... Wherther to use flash or not is the intented effect u wanna get. Yr quotes those not flash users is misleading ...

At least a Nikon user when facing situation he/she need to use flash be it built in or external the output is much more accurate n consistent. I used canon so I know how frustrated it can be...

I totally 2nd this.

yanyanyan881

Reaction score

i disagree with this. reliable flash output i can give it to you.

i disagree becoz diff users look for diff 'strengths' of each brand. nt everyone uses flash. many photographers only shoot natural light only and flash output is way down their list. i have friends who put flash output high on their list and therefore using nikon, no problem with that, its good choice.

its about knowing what is more important to you and then choose the right system. so yr logic 'flash output is enough to buy nikon for TS and other people' cannot work. cheers bro. peace :)

Last edited:

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i disagree with this. reliable flash output i can give it to you.

i disagree becoz diff users look for diff 'strengths' of each brand. nt everyone uses flash. many photographers only shoot natural light only.

Many shoot natural light cause they dun know how to use flash... N the photo turn out like sh1t. Black people with bright background very common huh... :s13:

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I m not saying canon u can't get good flash output... U can but more settings n strobe n tuning need to be done.. First their wireless flash system is only for their high end models... Nikon entry model u can use CLS already... ;)

yanyanyan881

Reaction score
Many shoot natural light cause they dun know how to use flash... N the photo turn out like sh1t. Black people with bright background very common huh... :s13:

wah, your claim is too big leh. there are professional photographers with big names working for national geo, big photojournalism who are natural light shooter. and what about landscape, wildlife and street photographers leh. they dont use flash because they dont want. not becoz they donno how to use :D

Last edited:

yanyanyan881

Reaction score
I m not saying canon u can't get good flash output... U can but more settings n strobe n tuning need to be done.. First their wireless flash system is only for their high end models... Nikon entry model u can use CLS already... ;)

I know...i agree. but u toally misss my point.

my point is you cannot say choose nikon for everybody just because the flash system is better. <--read again

im sure we agree with each other but written communication causes a lot of misunderstanding:)

Last edited:

Gribber

Banned
Reaction score
I know...i agree. but u toally misss my point.

my point is you cannot say choose nikon for everybody just because the flash system is better. <--read again

ok, each has its own strengths. He is just pointing out.

is this going to be another flame war?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.