Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

limxhj

Reaction score
Hi there

Something our customers like - Portland (where your CGW U.S. address is) is also located in a Sales-Tax free state, hence you don't pay U.S. Sales tax on your purchases. (Example: In California, it's about 7%, and in Portland, Oregon, it's 0%).

Other items which forummers have previously pointed out:

If you're shopping over SGD400 - we incur a 5% processing fee on GST, meaning that if you shop SGD400, and 7% GST is at SGD28, you would have to pay another SGD1.40 in processing fees.

Do reach out to us if you have further questions :)
Thanks comGateway! Is there any specific credit card I have to use for to register in CGW? Credit card or UoB card will be better?

runforyourlife

Reaction score
Hi there, have you tried our Live Quote :) Simply login to your account and you'll see a banner.

Live Quote can give you shipping weight estimates, and if you want to make sure you don't pay more than estimated, you can purchase a guarantee. Enjoy your first one free using this promo code: FBLQ13.

Hope this solves your difficulty in getting shipping weight calculations :)

With respect to whether it's advisable to get smaller items - we would say that it isn't the size, but rather the savings you can get from shopping the items from the U.S., especially for designer goods and specialty items (i.e., baby necessities, hobby items, etc)
Example of Savings on a small item:
If a certain designer t-shirt that you like costs SGD150 here, and just USD35 in the U.S., then it definitely makes sense to ship it over, even if it weighs just 0.5kg, because you'd get an instant discount of over 50%.

Another situation in which it's good to shop online in the U.S.: If the item is exclusive and you can't get it in Singapore :)

what do u mean by first one free?

how much is future fees of quote? what charges are involved

tingyuan

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi there, have you tried our Live Quote :) Simply login to your account and you'll see a banner.

Live Quote can give you shipping weight estimates, and if you want to make sure you don't pay more than estimated, you can purchase a guarantee. Enjoy your first one free using this promo code: FBLQ13.

With respect to whether it's advisable to get smaller items - we would say that it isn't the size, but rather the savings you can get from shopping the items from the U.S., especially for designer goods and specialty items (i.e., baby necessities, hobby items, etc)
If a certain designer t-shirt that you like costs SGD150 here, and just USD35 in the U.S., then it definitely makes sense to ship it over, even if it weighs just 0.5kg, because you'd get an instant discount of over 50%.

Another situation in which it's good to shop online in the U.S.: If the item is exclusive and you can't get it in Singapore :)

will Live Quote able to quote this shipping cost. $199USD and The link is EZ Puck Off Ice Board

leon123456

Reaction score
consolidated items above $400

I have few books usd$53. Usd$69. And usd$80. And a headphone usd $240. Do i need to pay tax?
Total value is usd$442. I would like to know tax is based on total package value. Or individua item. I read on vpost consolidated different items no need pay tax even if above $400. As long individual item dont exceed $400. I am comgateway member.

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I have few books usd$53. Usd$69. And usd$80. And a headphone usd $240. Do i need to pay tax?
Total value is usd$442. I would like to know tax is based on total package value. Or individua item. I read on vpost consolidated different items no need pay tax even if above $400. As long individual item dont exceed $400. I am comgateway member.

for CGW and BDL, it's combined value of items (plus shipping and insurance) that will be used for GST purpose. so yes, you will have to pay GST if you ship all in 1 shipment.

limxhj

Reaction score

ComGateway, can I check with you how long will they able to revert on the quotation of weight if I did it when the live quotes was offline?

Any preferred cards to use for comGateway?

milanmania2004

Reaction score
Cgw,I have a package arrived at hopshopgo. A 3.8kg package hopshopgo is charging me 11.5kg in vol weight. Ignore my request to repackage as well, really disappointed with the service.

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Cgw,I have a package arrived at hopshopgo. A 3.8kg package hopshopgo is charging me 11.5kg in vol weight. Ignore my request to repackage as well, really disappointed with the service.

perhaps your package really is 11.5kg in volumetric weight? have you considered that?

leon123456

Reaction score
will I be charged any fees for amazon to bill to my Singapore billing address. since it's overseas??

I have been using billing and shipping same address all along.

leon123456

Reaction score
comgateway dbs $10 dollars

how do I use the dbs promotion $10. do I need to key in anything or it's automatic???

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
will I be charged any fees for amazon to bill to my Singapore billing address. since it's overseas??

I have been using billing and shipping same address all along.

no extra fees will be charged by Amazon for using a Singapore billing address.

darkhell26

Reaction score
CGW, I am supposed to receive 3 packages yesterday. When the courier came, he gave me 2 only and told me he will send the other one today. I thought it's supposed to send all 3?

Anyway my expected delivery date is 24th, so I'm prepared to wait till 24th for the last package. I'm just curious why they sent only 2 packages.

darkhell26

Reaction score
Hi there
It happens sometimes, as the boxes are separate from each other. Shipping your items together simply means that they'll be charged as one total weight - so you only pay the base charge once.
Do rest assured that you'll be getting your items today :)

Thks for the fast reply. Will update again when I received the other package. thanks!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.