EZLink or NETS Flashpay with credit cards

The_Davis

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
interestingly,
in their website (NETS FlashPay)
under the "where to top up" tab, there is a supposed link to "auto topup via credit/debit card" and it is not working!:s22:
is there a fee to register for the auto top up via credit card?

if yes - then definitely the choice clear for ezlink

sneggg

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
-100 for NETS Flashpay until they implement auto-top up by credit card...

interestingly,
in their website (NETS FlashPay)
under the "where to top up" tab, there is a supposed link to "auto topup via credit/debit card" and it is not working!:s22:

it was previously avail, now currently unavail i asked them on nets FB they say under maint alr few months :s13:

micey84

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Using all these crap is a chore. These cards are supposed to enhance your living and add to your convenience. In the end, they just adds to your inconvenience as most of them are not widely used and you have to waste time keeping track of all the additional data.

Ezlink, NETS Flashpay, Visa Paywave, Mastercard Paypass are all lousy as they are restrictive and have many hidden charges.

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Using all these crap is a chore. These cards are supposed to enhance your living and add to your convenience. In the end, they just adds to your inconvenience as most of them are not widely used and you have to waste time keeping track of all the additional data.

Ezlink, NETS Flashpay, Visa Paywave, Mastercard Paypass are all lousy as they are restrictive and have many hidden charges.

You take public transport using cash?

stiwipl

Reaction score
300$ spending for HSBC revolution card

HSBC Revolution Card looks good for Ezlink and dining at RQ, CQ, however one has to keep close track on this card, because:
- rebates are limited to S$100 per quarter
- up to 5 months waiting for rebate (they credit within 2 months after quarter ends)
- no point to spend more than S$350 per month on this card.

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yes i used cash, very minimal spending on public transport. using these on merchants are not friendly.

Not everybody is like you, we need to take public transport everyday so having ezlink card is necessary. I frequently use it when i go cheers/cold storage/shop&save, its convenient enough for me while saving me money over using cash.

micey84

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not everybody is like you, we need to take public transport everyday so having ezlink card is necessary. I frequently use it when i go cheers/cold storage/shop&save, its convenient enough for me while saving me money over using cash.

It is still a primarily a transport card. If you can fit at least $300 of payments to it per month, then it is fine. But still I am lamenting due to its lack of merchant options and restrictive nature which is not good for me with an increasingly amount of competing average payment options. It adds to a cluttered lifestyle while only giving marginal benefits.

The_Davis

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
It is still a primarily a transport card. If you can fit at least $300 of payments to it per month, then it is fine. But still I am lamenting due to its lack of merchant options and restrictive nature which is not good for me with an increasingly amount of competing average payment options. It adds to a cluttered lifestyle while only giving marginal benefits.
i love it :) cash back every transaction

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

No need to use $300, i top up my card and my gf card which make up $200 or so then spend another $100 on my ANZ card ok already. $10 cashback + miles. Compared to $0 benefits using cash or nets top up, no horse run. Everybody who take public transport benefits from it, its not for those car drivers.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.