The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've tried the American Crew Fiber before.

The hold is not strong and the wax doesn't hold well after a few hours in our humid climate.
Use under wet hair or dry hair? Got layer it? Like use it twice? I heard it was good. Wanna give it a try. Lol guess I will stick to my hanz De fuko.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Use under wet hair or dry hair? Got layer it? Like use it twice? I heard it was good. Wanna give it a try. Lol guess I will stick to my hanz De fuko.

Wouldn't complementing it with a hair spray helps to keep and fix the hold there? Don't rely on wax/pomade or clay to keep your hairstyle there for hours. Not effective if you omit the use of hair spray as they serve totally different purposes.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't complementing it with a hair spray helps to keep and fix the hold there? Don't rely on wax/pomade or clay to keep your hairstyle there for hours. Not effective if you omit the use of hair spray as they serve totally different purposes.
I rather layer it with 2 coats. Because spray will make the hair hard. Literally freeze. Lol prefer the fluffy undone style. I try to avoid spray unless necessary. Haha that's why I want to try the sea salt spray. Haha. I think fiber like cream don't suit Asian hair, because of the resin like nature. Makes our hair look as if a lot of spray has been used, then make our hair look a bit like strand by strand. I may switch to use hanz De fuko sponge wax from my current redKen disheveled fiber cream. not sure if the fiber cream by American crew is the same anot. Would like to try, lol waiting for strawberry net to restock.
There's a new wax call vlain gold digger. By slikhaar denmark. Quite good. Lol now J am trying to replicate David beckham's comb back and quiff. Lol pls don't flame me lol

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I rather layer it with 2 coats. Because spray will make the hair hard. Literally freeze. Lol prefer the fluffy undone style. I try to avoid spray unless necessary. Haha that's why I want to try the sea salt spray. Haha. I think fiber like cream don't suit Asian hair, because of the resin like nature. Makes our hair look as if a lot of spray has been used, then make our hair look a bit like strand by strand. I may switch to use hanz De fuko sponge wax from my current redKen disheveled fiber cream. not sure if the fiber cream by American crew is the same anot. Would like to try, lol waiting for strawberry net to restock.
There's a new wax call vlain gold digger. By slikhaar denmark. Quite good. Lol now J am trying to replicate David beckham's comb back and quiff. Lol pls don't flame me lol

Haha kudos to you. Not many would dare to try back comb out. :)

On a side note, not all hair sprays will make your hair literally freeze. There are medium control hair spray and if you spray it from a moderate distance, it should hold it just nice while retaining the natural movements of your hair. #JustSaying.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha kudos to you. Not many would dare to try back comb out. :)

On a side note, not all hair sprays will make your hair literally freeze. There are medium control hair spray and if you spray it from a moderate distance, it should hold it just nice while retaining the natural movements of your hair. #JustSaying.

currently using redken dishevel and osis+, the hold for the spray is madness. lol but it has a certain shine on it and its really freeze. haha. this is 1 good spray.

haha comb back or slick side comb for work. quiff for going out. haha quiff to work is abit too wild. :s22:

waiting for your sea salt spray. haha add that + my scheme cream or fiber cream should be quite awesome. lol

zish82

Reaction score

I used it on dry hair and also damp hair. I only applied one time. Hah

You can buy a small bottle and try it. Personally I wouldnt recommend it thou.

awayaway

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hello guys, anyone can recommend wax/clay just for short hair spiking? point to consider is that i wear helmet, so need to restyle after removing helmet.

no need those high end ones, decent quality can liao. :D

thanks!

Last edited:

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hello guys, anyone can recommend wax/clay just for short hair spiking? point to consider is that i wear helmet, so need to restyle after removing helmet.

no need those high end ones, decent quality can liao. :D

thanks!

You want to spike your hair but you want to restyle it now and then. Hmmm I think there are a lot of high end brands out there which are naturally pricier. You can give 90 degrees x-STRONG wax (japan) a try. Decent quality and it allows restyling as its not HARD but gives you STRONG texture and shape to restyle as desired.

A point to take is that since you are always wearing helmet and you want to be able to restyle, you can't really apply too strong hold hairspray. Medium control hairspray will be good as it allows you to hold and fix the shape there.

Last edited:

josephkjc

Reaction score
was asking but i think nobody here use before.
Currently using redken dishevel fiber cream. not that bad. good for quiff.
if you want medium hold and shine, can try hanz de fuko scheme cream, currently using it, gonna pair it with sea salt spray after i get my hands on.
if more matt, probably try their quicksand or sponge wax.
i shld be ordering their 3 pack to try. heard their quicksand and sponge wax is quite awesome.

Hanz de Fuko - Buy 3 - Get One Free Wax Offer - Hair Wax - Slikhaar

after shipping, around 20-24 per tub.

Bro if you are letting go a spare tub please let me know. Don't mind getting 1 to try. Thanks

zjllee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations for a good hair spray with strong hold but a more light feel and something that can hold in our humidity. Used to set wax-styled hair...

...the hair sprays that I have used all seem to leave my hair feeling rather icky (even the saloon / stylist ones).

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations for a good hair spray with strong hold but a more light feel and something that can hold in our humidity. Used to set wax-styled hair...

...the hair sprays that I have used all seem to leave my hair feeling rather icky (even the saloon / stylist ones).

Try Feeling Powerpoint spray. Selling point is lightweight so your head wont feel heavy in any way. Hold is reasonably strong too.

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where to get Hanz de Fuko Natural Shampoo and Sponge Wax as I plan to try them once my Uevo wax is finished.

FauxDeMils

Reaction score
Someone help me out with this!
I'm using Sebastian craft clay and osis+ hairspray, and I'll use sea salt spray or osis dust it sometimes depending on my mood lol. Every time when I style my hair it looks great and all but my hair will start crumbling down in less than an hour! I have medium hair length and thin hair. I use a normal shampoo Pantene damage care blahblah and I usually blow dry my hair before styling. But no matter how hard I try my hair will not last for more than an hour! I tried spraying excessively and it doesn't really work. In fact it gets worse! Help!!!! Argh.

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Erm. At Kobayashi right, what's the thing they apply onto your hair before actually using wax arh? I forgotten to ask yesterday when I went down.

I see they're also using Uevo wax for short hair.

josephkjc

Reaction score
Someone help me out with this!
I'm using Sebastian craft clay and osis+ hairspray, and I'll use sea salt spray or osis dust it sometimes depending on my mood lol. Every time when I style my hair it looks great and all but my hair will start crumbling down in less than an hour! I have medium hair length and thin hair. I use a normal shampoo Pantene damage care blahblah and I usually blow dry my hair before styling. But no matter how hard I try my hair will not last for more than an hour! I tried spraying excessively and it doesn't really work. In fact it gets worse! Help!!!! Argh.

Same situation. Vivian commented my hair is very fine, machiam like baby hair. The way she do is to use volume mousse on wet hair then blow dry. Afterwhich use wax to style and can use spray to fix it.
Something to do with the mousse giving extra thickness to the fine thin hair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.