The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Same situation. Vivian commented my hair is very fine, machiam like baby hair. The way she do is to use volume mousse on wet hair then blow dry. Afterwhich use wax to style and can use spray to fix it.
Something to do with the mousse giving extra thickness to the fine thin hair

Depending on how you spray OSIS+. It can be very strong but if you spray it at relatively close distance, it will definitely pull your hair down. Imagine the spray takes some time to dry up and it will naturally pull it down for sure. Use a lightweight spray instead.

Also, only explanation for your problem is your hair is too fine and straight. Try switching to other brands of wax that better suits your need. Sebastian craft clay is not really suited for people with thin and fine hair. It wont hold for long on fine hair. Syoss tu-re design controller HARD should be able to help you. On a side note, kudos to you for using sea salt spray/hair powder. With all these, its kinda impossible for your hair to collapse.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Same situation. Vivian commented my hair is very fine, machiam like baby hair. The way she do is to use volume mousse on wet hair then blow dry. Afterwhich use wax to style and can use spray to fix it.
Something to do with the mousse giving extra thickness to the fine thin hair

Thats not mousse. Thats most probably saltwater spray.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Erm. At Kobayashi right, what's the thing they apply onto your hair before actually using wax arh? I forgotten to ask yesterday when I went down.

I see they're also using Uevo wax for short hair.

Before wax/clay, its usually volumizing product. Such as saltwater spray or hair powder to create volume and texture for easier styling and look, when you coupled it with wax/clay afterthen.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anw idea any good hair salon in tampines other then twister?

Kayson at twister is good. He is the salon director. U can head over to Storm, which is also under Monsoon too. Look for the salon director, Gerald. He is good but expensive. Thats the reason why i stopped going after a year or so. $35.90 per cut.

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Before wax/clay, its usually volumizing product. Such as saltwater spray or hair powder to create volume and texture for easier styling and look, when you coupled it with wax/clay afterthen.

Hmm. Meaning to say, its actually to make it look thicker than usual? :s11:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
btw a quick question on the osis+ session number 3, is it consider light way? haha i feel that i tends to make my hair kinda crispy like i have apply gel on it. i am to spray it from a distance but still the same effect. lol.

maybe session number 2? or freeze?

osirisx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thats not mousse. Thats most probably saltwater spray.

I was there once, same with the other guy...they also used mousse prior to blowdry(for volume)

I have dust-it, mousse, salt spray (prefer the latter 2 though)

FauxDeMils

Reaction score
Depending on how you spray OSIS+. It can be very strong but if you spray it at relatively close distance, it will definitely pull your hair down. Imagine the spray takes some time to dry up and it will naturally pull it down for sure. Use a lightweight spray instead.

Also, only explanation for your problem is your hair is too fine and straight. Try switching to other brands of wax that better suits your need. Sebastian craft clay is not really suited for people with thin and fine hair. It wont hold for long on fine hair. Syoss tu-re design controller HARD should be able to help you. On a side note, kudos to you for using sea salt spray/hair powder. With all these, its kinda impossible for your hair to collapse.

Does Syoss tu-re design controller HARD provide really strong hold for fine hair? and also is it glossy or matt? I don't wanna spend so much money on a wax that doesn't suit me again T_T.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm. Meaning to say, its actually to make it look thicker than usual? :s11:

Its supposed to help you create volume so that your hair will appear to have fullness and texture. This helps in the styling thereafter too as you do not have to use too much of the wax/clay with created volume.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
btw a quick question on the osis+ session number 3, is it consider light way? haha i feel that i tends to make my hair kinda crispy like i have apply gel on it. i am to spray it from a distance but still the same effect. lol.

maybe session number 2? or freeze?

OSIS+ session finish (3) is not lightweight. Its selling point is the strong control. Freeze is basically medium control. Both are not lightweight. OSIS+ session/freeze finish both really dont dry fast and its quite "heavy", at least to me. I am using powerpoint hair spray as this is really lightweight. I can easily feel the difference when i alternate. But in terms of strength control, OSIS+ is still the one.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does Syoss tu-re design controller HARD provide really strong hold for fine hair? and also is it glossy or matt? I don't wanna spend so much money on a wax that doesn't suit me again T_T.

Yes Syoss's selling point is the strength that it gives. Use it with hair powder or saltwater spray prior to styling, you shouldnt have any problem. Most wax comes with slight shine, except for those types of dry wax. Clay on the other hand is matt. Thats one of the diff between wax and clay.

Also, try rubbing the sebastian craft clay onto your palms till it becomes slightly hot before applying. It will have better control for you. As a oneliner, no one's hair should be too difficult to style except for Afro though.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was there once, same with the other guy...they also used mousse prior to blowdry(for volume)

I have dust-it, mousse, salt spray (prefer the latter 2 though)

o_O How do you rate the mousse as compared to saltspray then? Since both are applied on damp hair.

osirisx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
o_O How do you rate the mousse as compared to saltspray then? Since both are applied on damp hair.

mousse is largely dependent on the brand
loreal: is more "stiff" (more hold)
redken[used in kobayashi]: is more natural (less holding strength)
when rubbing on your palms, loreal breaks down easier while redken give a creamy texture
prefer redken(higher price though)

salt spray just started using
initial impression: its somewhere in between the above 2? (which is a good thing)
felt natural(like redken) gives good hold, but hair also felt coarser/rougher(better texture)

volume wise its right about there for the 3

application
mousse: messier(its foamy afterall),
salt spray: I'm not really good with spray on product(angle & coverage), but that's just me(not really a con)
once I have them(mousse/spray) on, the rest is the same just ruffle my hair and blowdry

Last edited:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
OSIS+ session finish (3) is not lightweight. Its selling point is the strong control. Freeze is basically medium control. Both are not lightweight. OSIS+ session/freeze finish both really dont dry fast and its quite "heavy", at least to me. I am using powerpoint hair spray as this is really lightweight. I can easily feel the difference when i alternate. But in terms of strength control, OSIS+ is still the one.

ahhh... ya quite heavy, like gel. lol. take some time to try. then in the end, the hair very stiff. i think for very wild standing hairstyle then can.. maybe i will look for other alternative that are lightweight after my osis+ finish. lol

FauxDeMils

Reaction score
Yes Syoss's selling point is the strength that it gives. Use it with hair powder or saltwater spray prior to styling, you shouldnt have any problem. Most wax comes with slight shine, except for those types of dry wax. Clay on the other hand is matt. Thats one of the diff between wax and clay.

Also, try rubbing the sebastian craft clay onto your palms till it becomes slightly hot before applying. It will have better control for you. As a oneliner, no one's hair should be too difficult to style except for Afro though.

Thanks a lot, guess I'll try looking for it. Yes, I've tried that method doesn't really work for me. It's easy to style but it's really tough to maintain it throughout the day. T_T but I appreciate the help though :) thanks!

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A simple review on the OS fashion sea salt spray which i got it ytd from the pretty jerk by leejhong.
I used it on towel dried hair and blow dry. Initial impression "wow!". I finally can have some volume in my hair. The spray dries fast enough and leaves a nice smell (not totally girl kind, doesn't make you feel like a girl). The hold is quite good, as you blow into shape, it stays and easily controllable and looking textured. Perfect for people looking to make a quiff which is quite popular nowadays. Think justin bieber and David beckham.

Also, I was given a tester eax from germany because he knows that I do comb back and side comb for work after I stated here in the thread. That's customer service right there!

It's call the silyorn Hair matter. So far I can't comment on the hold but it's pretty controllable. Gives a shine but not oily like. Perfect for slick formal hair style for work.

I think a alternative good pair to the sea salt spray would be the hanz de fuko scheme cream and sponge wax. Can try their new product quicksand if you want to go for a totally matt look.

So far I am very statisfied with the product from the pretty jerk and leejhong has been very helpful towards my queries. Keeps my order on track with SMS reminders. Keep up the good work leejhong, will definitely recommend to all my friends who are looking for such products.

This is a personal review from a statisfied customer and I am not affiliated in any way to theprettyjerk.
:)

Last edited:

AhBui168

Master Member
Reaction score
hi bro & sis :(

how come after i dyed my hair, and when I wash hair the scalp touched water will feel very pain & spicy...

and i use my hand gentle touch the scalp also will pain :(

so isit the sclap skin broken or ??

Please help! Thanks :(

Last edited:

Bak_Chor_Mee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys, anybody user Redken clay and do double coating before styling?

Lets say i towel dry my hair till slightly damp and i apply a layer of clay first before blow drying. the applying of clay is just the top part or must go through the hair?

please advise thanks.

damnyo

Reaction score
hi bro & sis :(

how come after i dyed my hair, and when I wash hair the scalp touched water will feel very pain & spicy...

and i use my hand gentle touch the scalp also will pain :(

so isit the sclap skin broken or ??

Please help! Thanks :(

change ur shampoo, use special shampoo!

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys, anybody user Redken clay and do double coating before styling?

Lets say i towel dry my hair till slightly damp and i apply a layer of clay first before blow drying. the applying of clay is just the top part or must go through the hair?

please advise thanks.

For clay right, I think it will be better to just coat 1 layer on blown dry hair. Clay will thrive better in dry hair. And due it's strong, heavy and matt nature, too many layers will bring your hair after awhile. From what I know coming from Sebastian xtah clay days. A little goes a long way.

Unless you're using fiber cream or any other wax, you can layer the product

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.