Microsoft Surface

Johnteoh

Reaction score
Bought a mifi which I also used for my ipad mini. Much better and don't flat my phone battery.

CherylW

Reaction score
Is there a portable battery power bank like the conventional 30000mah or 20000mah that can be used to charge the Surface Pro?

I'm considering what the other forummer did. he gave up the s pro and switched back to his laptop and used the RT. Still the pro is ultimately not simply a tablet so I could be more forgiving towards batt life.

I am expecting Haswell cpu to be much more higher priced. It may not be an attractive option. As and when it reaches Singapore my interest in pro part 2 when it releases would have diluted given other win8 tablet choices by then.

Last edited:

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The mobile phone battery packs you use today are all used only for 5V devices... your laptops and tablets are usually 12V devices... so none will work... I've spent some time looking for such small portable batteries and the suitable plug converters but they are not available. The only unit that can charge both laptops, tablets and phones and is easily available in Singapore is the Energizer XPal portable battery. You have to buy the 18,000 mAh model which costs over S$250. I bought mine from Amazon for about S$180 some years back at some special sale on Amazon. You can buy different tips to fit different laptop and tablet charging jacks. You get two free tips to swap around. All you need to check their available list. Interestingly I had MIC tablets and I asked for a suitable tip, and they had something suitable. All I had to do was to measure the tip and send in a picture on the website. The drawback of this battery pack is that it is very heavy...

dongdong88

Reaction score
Thinking of purchasing a Surface RT.

For the Touch cover, if I don't want a black Touch cover (I prefer other colours), do I have to buy the tablet and Touch cover separately?

Or will they allow us to choose our preferred colours and still pay the bundled price?

dongdong88

Reaction score
I went to ask about it at Challenger AMK. The answer was no. The bundled price applies to only the black Touch cover.

Don't know if it's luck or the salesman trying to sell, but he said the black Touch cover sold out and I could choose my preferred colour at the same bundled price, haha.

Nice. :)

echoblue

Reaction score
I went to ask about it at Challenger AMK. The answer was no. The bundled price applies to only the black Touch cover.

Don't know if it's luck or the salesman trying to sell, but he said the black Touch cover sold out and I could choose my preferred colour at the same bundled price, haha.

Nice. :)

thats great! so i guess you already bought one? what color?

kinbalight

Reaction score
was considering the surface pro...then realised that it doesn't come with office...and even the type cover are sold separately...plus here and there end up not cheap at all...

sunshine76

Reaction score
my touch cover " Enter " Key not working and also the top layer is separating from bottom. can i get a replacement from challenger?

kinbalight

Reaction score
my touch cover " Enter " Key not working and also the top layer is separating from bottom. can i get a replacement from challenger?

if still under warranty should be able to get replacement bah...apparently the "fabric" splitting is a known issue...

echoblue

Reaction score

if within 7 days, ask challenger for 1-1 exchange. if > 7, you have to go through MS online service center (BING it) and call their customer hotline. they will arrange a replacement for you.

game goondu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so little amt for hk launched day...

not going to be cheap in singapore. we still got GST to pay....

Surface Pro availability update: Hong Kong on May 17

Surface Pro will be available for purchase in Hong Kong on May 17. Microsoft HK announced it at its official website. There will be a launch event at the Windsor House, and first 150 customers who buy Surface Pro there could get free gifts – Touch Covers, Wedge Touch mouse and Office 365.

Microsoft HK also revealed the pricing of two versions of Surface Pro. The 64GB one is HK$7,088 (US$913), the 128GB is HK$7,888 (US$1016).

Last month, Microsoft started selling Surface Pro and Surface China editions in China mainland. As expected, the Surface China is available exclusively in China mainland, not even in HK.

As Surface comes to more markets in recent months. Are you going to buy a Surface when it comes available to you? (via LiveSino)

game goondu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hu going to hk to hoot? not bad leh. got mouse and office 365.

Microsoft Surface - Surface

日期:2013年5月17日(星期五)
活動時間:正午12時正
號碼籌派發時間:上午10時起(全日將派發150張
號碼籌,派完即止)
地點:銅鑼灣皇室堡地下中庭
出席嘉賓:陳豪

矚目全球的Microsoft Surface Pro即將強勢登陸香港。
為隆重其事,Microsoft將於5月17日﹝星期五﹞在銅鑼灣皇室堡舉行「Surface Pro首賣大召集」,率先發售Surface Pro,首批買家更可免費獲贈豐富獎賞!

首賣當日更將舉行Surface「Click in. 一拍即合」啟動禮,特別嘉賓陳豪將應邀出席,分享選購Surface以及日常應用的生活貼士。場內亦會設置全港首個 Surface「Click in. 一拍即合」工作及玩樂兩大體驗區,讓廣大用戶率先親身感受Surface Pro及Surface RT的卓越功能和輕鬆簡便的全新體驗。

「Microsoft Surface Pro 首賣日」優惠詳情

首50名Surface Pro買家:
即可免費獲贈Surface專用觸控鍵盤保護蓋及Office 365家用進階版套裝乙套,更可獲邀參與Surface「Click in. 一拍即合」啟動禮。

第二批100名Surface Pro買家:
即可免費獲贈Office 365家用進階版套裝乙套,及Microsoft Wedge Touch滑鼠乙隻。

活動期間購買Surface RT的買家:
即可免費獲贈Microsoft Wedge Touch滑鼠乙隻,名額50個,讓您隨時隨地都可以輕鬆工作。數量有限,送完即止。

roflolmao

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
was considering the surface pro...then realised that it doesn't come with office...and even the type cover are sold separately...plus here and there end up not cheap at all...

will have to see the price and quality first...

weeds

Reaction score
Is the ms surface good enough for Facebook games?

The surface pro is able to handle Facebook games sufficiently. As a reference, it can handle Diablo 3 and League Of Legend, but don't expect performance if you are going for more higher end settings, and higher-end graphic intensive apps.

The GPU power is an integrated HD 4000. The CPU and GPU specs is pretty much similar to my old laptop which can run games above.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.