Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

ipadxcell

Master Member
Reaction score
Borderlinx users take note.

If your US purchase consistently comes in bigger
box then usual, regardless your items is big or small inside the box please post your description here for awareness.

I have had two small items from Amazon which weighs less than 1kg now becomes more than 2.5kg when arrived at my suite. (And yes I know what is volumetric weight.) And it seems every item you bought big or small will be at least 2.5kg when arrived at Borderlinx.

Amazon packing is usually within reasonable estimation depending on what your items are. For example. I bought a small item and the box is only 1/6 the size of a tissue box. But it came with a shipping box which could contain more than a dozen. I bought the same item last year and it came in a much smaller shipping Amazon box.

My past experience with Amazon packaging has been realistic and expected. Now it's getting very suspicious when arrived at Borderlinx. Everything is now minimum 2.5kg. So take note and take care of your wallet.

Last edited:

leon123456

Reaction score
tobacco

I would like to ship 50g of tabacco from usa to singapore. Is it allowed in customs? Is there any tax? Is it prohibited? I using comgateway

Dropkickme

Reaction score
I tried using ComGateway's live quote service and got this :

The estimated weight is 1.5kg

Shipping cost:

As a single purchase Additional cost
if consolidated
Standard service $16.70 $8.55
Express service $20.00 $10.20

Shipping guarantee (optional): $3.00
(excludes insurace, taxes and duties, fuel and remote delivery surchanges)

Does the price above includes all types of costs for shipping? Or do I need to add more money to stuff like fuel surcharges, taxes, etc.?

addicted-addiction

Reaction score
I tried using ComGateway's live quote service and got this :

The estimated weight is 1.5kg

Shipping cost:

As a single purchase Additional cost
if consolidated
Standard service $16.70 $8.55
Express service $20.00 $10.20

Shipping guarantee (optional): $3.00
(excludes insurace, taxes and duties, fuel and remote delivery surchanges)

Does the price above includes all types of costs for shipping? Or do I need to add more money to stuff like fuel surcharges, taxes, etc.?

I think you got your answer above, as you quoted. See the bolded words above.

otacon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i wanted to help my gf ship some nail polish over but seems like US prohibits item like this. what can i do?

aster1

Reaction score
Comgateway has gone from being good to absolute rubbish. They now take absolute ages just to send out your package.

Even Amazon's cheapest international shipping option (yes, the lowest of the three) is much faster (and way cheaper) than Comgateway.

For stuff that Amazon won't deliver direct I'm switching to another shipper...

Jas007

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Comgateway has gone from being good to absolute rubbish. They now take absolute ages just to send out your package.

Even Amazon's cheapest international shipping option (yes, the lowest of the three) is much faster (and way cheaper) than Comgateway.

For stuff that Amazon won't deliver direct I'm switching to another shipper...

for items that Amazon ship direct to SG it takes 9-12 days to be delivered. the weakest link is SingPost bcos normally the courier amazon chooses is iParcel

CGW normally takes 4-5 days for items to be delivered. that's not counting US domestic shipping which in itself is also a factor.

amazon international shipping if available n at cheapest rate, is always my no.1 option. the only thing I dun like is singpost involvement.

as for other forwarders, having always using vPost, CGW is preferred. Borderlinx I've tried years ago n I stuck to vpost then.
I'd love to hear if there is a better forwarder available too.

my 2 cents

Last edited:

Laneige

Honorary Member
Reaction score
I would like to ship 50g of tabacco from usa to singapore. Is it allowed in customs? Is there any tax? Is it prohibited? I using comgateway

no la
how can be possible? u cant even smoke them here without the logo. its illegal also unless u r those smoke at home n harm yr neighbours lo
i suggest u go check custom site for more information

Borderlinx users take note.

If your US purchase consistently comes in bigger
box then usual, regardless your items is big or small inside the box please post your description here for awareness.

I have had two small items from Amazon which weighs less than 1kg now becomes more than 2.5kg when arrived at my suite. (And yes I know what is volumetric weight.) And it seems every item you bought big or small will be at least 2.5kg when arrived at Borderlinx.

Amazon packing is usually within reasonable estimation depending on what your items are. For example. I bought a small item and the box is only 1/6 the size of a tissue box. But it came with a shipping box which could contain more than a dozen. I bought the same item last year and it came in a much smaller shipping Amazon box.

My past experience with Amazon packaging has been realistic and expected. Now it's getting very suspicious when arrived at Borderlinx. Everything is now minimum 2.5kg. So take note and take care of your wallet.

maybe r same big boxes. amazon many sizes.
once u get yr box, before open, measure first n take pics. then go calculate see accurate or not

Laneige

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Hi there

Do drop us an email if you want your items repacked, and we'll see how we can help.

Happy Monday! :)

whats the different using amex with cgw vs hopshopgo?
amex is auto upgrade to prime? dont have to send 3 shipments beforehand? thanks

feist_

Reaction score
Kate Spade is on sale at Gilt and Nordstrom. heeheeheeheehee.....
I saw on PurseBlog:s12::s12::s12::s12::s12:

I think there's a new way for us to get our fix.. other than from their official site

Laneige

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Hi Laneige

Using American Express with comGateway is possible, because we accept most major payment methods, including American Express. On the other hand, HopShopGo is an exclusive shopping service provided by Paypal to its customers, and hence will only accept Paypal as payment.

Using American Express on comGateway will not give you an automatic upgrade to Prime.

Hope we've helped!

Buy from U.S. & Ship Internationally to Singapore or Any Country | Borderlessbuys - In Partnership with American Express

this one

Shop Online & Shipping Internationally Singapore, & USA
Cardmember benefits
In addition to opening doors to online stores right across the U.S., borderlessbuys.com.sg offers a range of services to American Express Cardmembers including:

•5 Times Membership Rewards points2 or double KrisFlyer miles2 on all international shipping until 31 March 2014
•Automatic upgrade to Gateway Prime Membership, the highest membership tier offered by comGateway
•Free upgrades to Express Delivery for international shipping
•Discounted rate on insurance coverage

Enjoy fantastic savings on everything from fashion and accessories to cosmetics and health supplements. With the concierge service, BuyForMe, purchases can be made on your behalf regardless of purchase value3. You can also benefit from one of the lowest shipping charges in town.

so err is the automatic upgrade true or false information?

CombatKrieg

Reaction score
vPost seems to be having some cock up, my item charges costs me $104.40 SGD, so by right I should be paying $93.96SGD after factoring in the 10% discount for paying via DBS/POSB.

When I proceed to the payment page, they're asking me to pay $95.86SGD instead. I know it's just $1.90SGD but hell, never allow a company to rip you off even more. :s13:

playfool

Reaction score
vPost seems to be having some cock up, my item charges costs me $104.40 SGD, so by right I should be paying $93.96SGD after factoring in the 10% discount for paying via DBS/POSB.

When I proceed to the payment page, they're asking me to pay $95.86SGD instead. I know it's just $1.90SGD but hell, never allow a company to rip you off even more. :s13:

at least you got a discount.. the other time i tried a discount code it didn't work even though it was within valid period and was the norm 10% charge code. Had to use an alternative card before it worked.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.