Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

sAxman_Returns

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Borderlinx users take note.

If your US purchase consistently comes in bigger
box then usual, regardless your items is big or small inside the box please post your description here for awareness.

I have had two small items from Amazon which weighs less than 1kg now becomes more than 2.5kg when arrived at my suite. (And yes I know what is volumetric weight.) And it seems every item you bought big or small will be at least 2.5kg when arrived at Borderlinx.

Amazon packing is usually within reasonable estimation depending on what your items are. For example. I bought a small item and the box is only 1/6 the size of a tissue box. But it came with a shipping box which could contain more than a dozen. I bought the same item last year and it came in a much smaller shipping Amazon box.

My past experience with Amazon packaging has been realistic and expected. Now it's getting very suspicious when arrived at Borderlinx. Everything is now minimum 2.5kg. So take note and take care of your wallet.

are you talking about amazon only or everything to borderlinx?

my active parcels with them now, smallest is 200g....

Anyway, what's the current promotion now? Got $5 off or something right?

AeonOfStrife

Reaction score
Anyone knows of any other freight forwarder besides CGW that uses DHL to deliver? I don't have a Citibank card so Borderlinx is out of the question and anything relating to Singpost is my courier nemesis.

I find that CGW has been bumping up my item weight for my alot of my packages.

For eg.
Listed shipping weight on website : < 0.5kg
CGW weight : 0.51235135 kg
Payable Weight : 1kg

It seems CGW always adds a few grams to your package so that it will slightly cross the 0.5kg marker so that you will have to pay extra 3-4USD for your package.
I know CGW will outright deny this quoting that ground shipping is measured differently, but a friend told me he tried shipping two of the same items through DHL, one by hand and one using CGW, CGW measurement of weight was different(more).

Preety

Reaction score
Hi
We see that you were referring to BorderlessBuys - this is a shopping service provided by American Express to its cardmembers. The information is true.

For more information on the service, please login to your BorderlessBuys account, and reach out to them via Live Chat (located under "Services and Support")
Even Citibank now has offer with Borderlessbuys.com website. they have a few coupons to give you free repacking/express upgrade/$5 off.

derrickgyn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just shipped over some stuff from the US to Singapore via CGW. I thought the declaration was in SGD and ended up putting 220, with shipping coming to 70. So total 290USD. Did some math and decided that I won't tio the 7% GST. Also the checkout page says that "there will not be any additional charges due upon delivery" - does this refer to GST?

So I'm safe? Tio GST before...not funny.

sAxman_Returns

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just shipped over some stuff from the US to Singapore via CGW. I thought the declaration was in SGD and ended up putting 220, with shipping coming to 70. So total 290USD. Did some math and decided that I won't tio the 7% GST. Also the checkout page says that "there will not be any additional charges due upon delivery" - does this refer to GST?

GST limit is SGD$400. That's about USD316.

usually the courier company would charge you on IRAS' behalf one hehe...

Laneige

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows of any other freight forwarder besides CGW that uses DHL to deliver? I don't have a Citibank card so Borderlinx is out of the question and anything relating to Singpost is my courier nemesis.

For eg.

It seems CGW always adds a few grams to your package so that it will slightly cross the 0.5kg marker so that you will have to pay extra 3-4USD for your package.
I know CGW will outright deny this quoting that ground shipping is measured differently, but a friend told me he tried shipping two of the same items through DHL, one by hand and one using CGW, CGW measurement of weight was different(more).

thats what i noticed too u just reminded me
if not wwrong borderlinx will use the fixed measurement for dimensions. CGW might round up that measurement. after that means quite a different.

Jas007

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

but but you got it spot on with USD220 ...
bcos u need not add US domestic shipping charges for declaration (just the cost of the item will do) ...
same goes if you buy ebay stuff ...
say you won bid at $15 ...
seller says US domestic charge is $10 ...
u only need declare $15 (item $, and not $25) ... this was confimed by CGW (when i asked them via LiveChat)

feist_

Reaction score
thats what i noticed too u just reminded me
if not wwrong borderlinx will use the fixed measurement for dimensions. CGW might round up that measurement. after that means quite a different.

For eg.

Do you not know how to ask and insist.
I did it with Borderlinx - it worked.
But of course, Borderlinx sucks. Talking to them online is like invitation to raise your own blood pressure.

Laneige

Honorary Member
Reaction score
But of course, Borderlinx sucks. Talking to them online is like invitation to raise your own blood pressure.

How you know I didnt ask wo? :s22::s22::s22:
But if the cso still insist then how? Waste my time over that few dollars?
but for the measurements borderlinx will adjust whereas i think cgw is saying their policy is to round up the measurements. probably the cgw guy over here can advise on this.

if a parcel is 28.5cm x 27cm x 5.4cm, how do you guys take in as inches. its the inches part thats round up from what i was told since usa based on inches.

feist_

Reaction score
How you know I didnt ask wo? :s22::s22::s22:
But if the cso still insist then how? Waste my time over that few dollars?
but for the measurements borderlinx will adjust whereas i think cgw is saying their policy is to round up the measurements. probably the cgw guy over here can advise on this.

if a parcel is 28.5cm x 27cm x 5.4cm, how do you guys take in as inches. its the inches part thats round up from what i was told since usa based on inches.

lol because usually if you ask over 10g, they usually give in.. but my bad...maybe they really v strict..

you try pming them la haha may just work

AeonOfStrife

Reaction score

Bro I've talked to both their online support and the CGW here on HWZ. Both have given me the same reason/excuse that ground shipping weight is measured differently from air freight and that there is nothing that can be done, this has happened more than once.
Also I did not bother to pursue the matter as it is only 3-4USD and waiting 1-2working days for every reply gets on my nerves, sometimes you just want your buys ASAP :)

But 3-4USD can add up to quite a bit over time, so I'm thinking of switching to another company rather than deal with CGW.

I also noticed another thing. Has anyone has successfully used the live quote gurantee? Meaning the weight exceeded their guranteed estimate.
I tried asking for several quotes and it seems they quote nearly twice the actual weight of the item:eek: so you will never overshot the guranteed estimate. Some of the quotes are really ROFL ridiculous.

Another ploy to earn profits by CGW?:s13:

feist_

Reaction score
Another ploy to earn profits by CGW?:s13:

They are not a charity. And your $3 here and there is like..nothing to them right. If they want money, they shld just do a vpost and refuse to repack

But 3-4USD can add up to quite a bit over time, so I'm thinking of switching to another company rather than deal with CGW.

I also want. You can try BongoUS - my friend uses it, they really repack for you. But heaven forbid you shld ship like makeup pencils - we had a really long packlist and some items conveniently went missing... and we didn't even know until 3 weeks later.

AeonOfStrife

Reaction score
They are not a charity. And your $3 here and there is like..nothing to them right. If they want money, they shld just do a vpost and refuse to repack

I also want. You can try BongoUS - my friend uses it, they really repack for you. But heaven forbid you shld ship like makeup pencils - we had a really long packlist and some items conveniently went missing... and we didn't even know until 3 weeks later.

Yes, they are not charity. Charity means voluntarily giving something for free.
But coming up with unethical ways of earning profits does not put them in a good light in front of us customers. If they charge a higher price per 0.5kg, I can't say anything. But it seems like they are bumping up the weight of packages just to earn that little extra and this grazes the fine line of "cheating" a customer.

3-4USD might not mean much, but if multiplied by the hundreds or even thousands of shipments that they handle everyday, it does add up to quite a bit. Just like a hawker upping the price of a bowl of noodles by 10-20cents, it becomes front page news. Not necessarily related, but you know where I'm coming from.

It's these little nitpicking of small amounts of money that irritates me as a consumer.

Btw I looked into Bongo US and their shipping rates are on the exorbitant side, and $15/month for repacking service? :eek: Furthermore, missing items is a definite no-no for me.

Last edited:

Laneige

Honorary Member
Reaction score
walaoz sian
bought clothings
2kg dead weight become 7,.2kg

volumetric. still not done..

if 7.2kg round up to 7.5kg.
so if i have another parcel also 7.2kg, its 2 x 7.5kg = 15kg!!!

its not 7.2x2 =14.4kg n round up to 14.5kg

using borderless and they using cgw.
so long never use cgw, use liao also same pattern. site also never put clearly on this round up or i missed it.

after this is going to ban cgw again liao

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.