May 2013 BTO

bearine

Reaction score
option fee? what's that?

Depends on which rm u select.. 4rm and 5rm need to pay 2k option fee during 1st round of selection. If during 2nd round which is the downpayment, u have not enuf money in OA.. They will use this 2k.. If not will be refunded to you in cheque.

ACbukitbatok

Reaction score
No worries about that..

Actually when i email HDB Credit about HLE recently, the lady call me and say if applied and expired and if ur employment etc etc no changes, can just pass to them during 2nd appt and they will take care of it..
That's what i'm told too by the HDB officers. But in the end I still have to re-apply again as another officer from the sales dept called me up again to remind me to re-apply the HLE as they are unable to extend it for me due to the gap in between is too long. My HLE expired in May and my 2nd apt which has yet to be confirmed, most probably in Aug. They will only automatically extend it for you if the gap in between is less than a month or so...that's what i'm told

EmoFaith

Reaction score
how come u dun know? once u selected your flat, there is an option fee to be paid. :s22:

haha cos he mention he paid the option fee liao.. but i thought he haven select flat yet? so i thought what the option fee he paying lo..

ZenTape

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked...

Do you guys know when will the results for SOBF be out?

Thanks alot!

slothbal

Reaction score
Hi, need some help.
I rejected a flat selection once 2 years ago. I have applied for may sembawang bto. However, I just received a brochure from hdb on last year November bto. My queue no. Was 1375 and there were 610 units available then. They are asking me to select out of 18 units (mostly 2nd and 3rd floor) or my application be cancelled. Appointment date 3/7/13.

May bto result will be out end of this month. What happens if I don't go for the selection?
Any of h in this situation before?

soaronwings

Reaction score
HDB loan is better than bank loan for the following reasons:
1. They are more forgiving than the banks (likely to allow deferment of installments in the event that you cant pay).
2. Although the interest rate is high, it is more stable. The lower interest rate of bank is only applicable for a few years at best. Depends on market condition, the bank's interest rate may end up higher than HDB's in the future.
3.If you get a bank loan, at least 5% of the initial 20% downpayment has to be in cash. You can use your CPF for HDB downpayment, and the downpayment can be as low as 10%.
4. If you are suddenly rich, you can pay more to HDB to settle your outstanding amount, while attempting to pay early to banks will incur a prepayment penalty.

3G SAINT

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, need some help.
I rejected a flat selection once 2 years ago. I have applied for may sembawang bto. However, I just received a brochure from hdb on last year November bto. My queue no. Was 1375 and there were 610 units available then. They are asking me to select out of 18 units (mostly 2nd and 3rd floor) or my application be cancelled. Appointment date 3/7/13.

May bto result will be out end of this month. What happens if I don't go for the selection?
Any of h in this situation before?

:s8:You can reject November bto and I am sure sembawang bto sure can get high floor:)

Juz dnt go to select flat consider cancel...

Since 2 yrs ago you have select flat once so if reject nov bto consider 2 times... so you will under 2nd timer:D

My selection Jan bto coming this tueday but will reject since left 2nd and 3rd floor and price expensive also...:D

Important Information::s8:

To manage the growing trend of repeated non-selection of flat by first-timers

-those who are invited to select a flat
but do not book a unit for whatever reasons,will have all their previous unsuccessful attempts set to zero and

-those who reject two chances to select a flat will have their first-timer privilege removed for a period of one year. If they apply for a flat in any HDB sales exercise within that one-year period,their application will be placed together with second-timers and they will not be given additional chances for any unsuccessful attempts for a BTO flat in non-mature estates.

Last edited:

slothbal

Reaction score
:s8:You can reject November bto and I am sure sembawang bto sure can get high floor:)

Juz dnt go to select flat consider cancel...

Since 2 yrs ago you have select flat once so if reject nov bto consider 2 times... so you will under 2nd timer:D

My selection Jan bto coming this tueday but will reject since left 2nd and 3rd floor and price expensive also...:D

Important Information::s8:

To manage the growing trend of repeated non-selection of flat by first-timers

-those who are invited to select a flat
but do not book a unit for whatever reasons,will have all their previous unsuccessful attempts set to zero and

-those who reject two chances to select a flat will have their first-timer privilege removed for a period of one year. If they apply for a flat in any HDB sales exercise within that one-year period,their application will be placed together with second-timers and they will not be given additional chances for any unsuccessful attempts for a BTO flat in non-mature estates.

Hi, thanks for your response.
However, I will be receiving the may bto result next week but the appoint is 3/7/2013. By then, I would alr have a ballot no. For may, don't I? So how they classify me under 2nd time?

3G SAINT

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, thanks for your response.
However, I will be receiving the may bto result next week but the appoint is 3/7/2013. By then, I would alr have a ballot no. For may, don't I? So how they classify me under 2nd time?

:s8:I think still under 1st timer since you haven't rejected selection before get queue number:)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.