The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nice! Lol will buy after I try the tigi sea salt spray. Lol

Sure bro! Thanks for your support man! I only brought in limited stocks for eco seasalt spray. Testing out the market response as well. Main will still nevertheless be OS Fashion Sea Spray. :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys, any source for osis dust it or similar product at cheapest price? :)

You can consider Powder On Mattifying Effect Powder or seasalt spray for the purposes of creating volume. Pm-ed you already! Take a look. :)

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Dust it not nice to use leh... so sticky one. None of my friends liked it too... we tried the tester at far east level4 that shop like cheap ass Singaporeans. Bunches up hair so much it's like wax in powder form

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dust it not nice to use leh... so sticky one. None of my friends liked it too... we tried the tester at far east level4 that shop like cheap ass Singaporeans. Bunches up hair so much it's like wax in powder form

Yeah and its kinda hard to wash it off too. The good thing about hair powder is that it gives good holding control and power though. All roots down to preference too. Coz schwarzkopf is a big brand.

netzach

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
tumblr_m15vjy0Mut1r3a6jho1_500.gif

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Hey guys how's the hold for the nigelle for you guys? With quicksand as benchmark since like everyone here has it lol

I see few people say nigelle is strong hold for them but I use le it's like pretty weak. I put the amount I use for my other wax it becomes gel like on my hair and hands. Which is really weird. How do you guys use this product? My normal amount already very little. Then I try put less, just dip my finger into the soft cream and then spread on palms. The sticky plastic feel lessen(still distinctly there), but then the hold drop alot also... for me it's like suitable for those office hairstyle, the hold like similar to os sea spray... it's there doing it's job, but barely. Like a good pair of contacts, out of sight out of mind. Is this how it is for you guys? I think for now it's suitable for when I'm like going give tuition or going friend house liddat... to perhaps tame bed head or something...

hoesoverbros

Reaction score
o_O that whole box in that photo you posted is gone? So fast sia! (y)

Yea man! ppl snapped the pre order promotion way before the stuff reach SG. But cant deny quicksand and sponge wax are really good comparing you pay that amount of $ for some of those salon intro kind of wax. We try to make the wax affordable so everyone can use it :D

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys how's the hold for the nigelle for you guys? With quicksand as benchmark since like everyone here has it lol

I see few people say nigelle is strong hold for them but I use le it's like pretty weak. I put the amount I use for my other wax it becomes gel like on my hair and hands. Which is really weird. How do you guys use this product? My normal amount already very little. Then I try put less, just dip my finger into the soft cream and then spread on palms. The sticky plastic feel lessen(still distinctly there), but then the hold drop alot also... for me it's like suitable for those office hairstyle, the hold like similar to os sea spray... it's there doing it's job, but barely. Like a good pair of contacts, out of sight out of mind. Is this how it is for you guys? I think for now it's suitable for when I'm like going give tuition or going friend house liddat... to perhaps tame bed head or something...

I dun really understand how it feels like gel to you. Nigelle is more of creamy paste while gel is like clear and watery instead. One point to note is that Nigelle does not harden or make your hair too firm after application which is how you can restyle your hair flexibly and freely. The texture and hold that nigelle gives is distinctly different from typical clays. It can be used to create tousled or layered hair texture easily with very good holding power.

To add on, if you're looking at strong hold as hardening, then nigelle really does not suit your definition. The context of holding power here does not refer to hardening. If you want to better hold or fix your hair shape in place, hair spray will be the tool for you to do so. Hair clay is primarily used to create your desired hair texture (be it for backcomb/spiked/fringe down) and provide adequate support to hold it there till it is supplemented by the use of hair spray.

To just dip your finger into the clay and take it out is actually very little, to be frank. Comparing it to other products that you used, nigelle does give good holding power but you got to be fair to it too. As for the sticky plastic feeling, its probably a subjective question to be answered anyway. Sometimes, you do realize that your hair hardens after application of some wax or clay but nigelle does not. If you're a fan of those wax/clay that hardens right after application then it explains why you're having problem with this product. :)

EDIT: Perhaps you can give this method a try. Use an amount of approximately 5cents size then rub gently onto your palms and fingers. Style as if you're towel-drying your hair. Crunch your hair to create the layered or tousled texture according to your preference. Twist or punch the hair ends if need to. Then end it off with a hair spray. It should work just fine for you. :)

Last edited:

shin89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
4136A1Wl2EL.jpg

If you guys are heading to BKK should look out for this wax called Syoss
One of the better wax I have used.

stam

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
4136A1Wl2EL.jpg

If you guys are heading to BKK should look out for this wax called Syoss
One of the better wax I have used.
Really good? normal shops there can buy or need to go specific shop to buy??

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yea man! ppl snapped the pre order promotion way before the stuff reach SG. But cant deny quicksand and sponge wax are really good comparing you pay that amount of $ for some of those salon intro kind of wax. We try to make the wax affordable so everyone can use it :D

Haha have this kinda of promo more often,i sure support. Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.