The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

theclubmed

Reaction score
dont mind my 2 cent on kanebo shampoo. its part of my rotation kit for my hair care.

giovionni thriple tree treat as my morning wash as its really minty and keep the scale super cooling

redkan cleansing foam as my once in three day shampoo of the choice for night wash, literally clean the **** out of ones hair, but its also so potent that it dry out your hair super fast. soak your hair in it for 10mins and your hair will be literally free of hair product.

kanebo, use it nightly as i really dig the shea butter smell, after waahing it just make me feel really relax just by smelling it. the least drying of all 3 shampoo, best smelling of them all and cleansing effect i will rate it on par with the Giovanni but lose out to the redken.

lastly, as my hair are bleaches, plus i uses 5 products in my daily styling, namely redken root spray, sea salt, quicksand for volumising purpose, nigelle wax for styling and powerpoint spray for setting it in place, my hair are quite screwed up, but the nigelle hair mask keep to be able to keep my hair healthy...

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I really got limited quantities for this shampoo. It will be on first come first serve basis. Repacked versions will also be possible if more of you guys want to try it out. But you know la huh. Repacked versions though cheap, will tend to be slightly more expensive than if you buy in the full tub version.

On a side note, when it comes to controlling the oils in the hair, kanebo will surpass carbolic shampoo on this aspect. Kanebo removes the itchiness from the scalp, controls the excess oils and yet at the same time, provides moisturizing effect for the hair without feeling dry at all. Whereas carbolic shampoo is an organic shampoo that effectively and strongly removes impurities, cleanses the scalp and removes the stench from one's hair. If you are one with oily and thinning/fine hair, both products will be suitable for you. :)
kanebo can remove itchiness from the scalp ah?
but carbolic can cleanse the scalp. abit hard to choose leh.
cham liao. haha
i don't have oily hair and scalp but i think scalp itchy cause of the products used. haha
recommend me? haha

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
dont mind my 2 cent on kanebo shampoo. its part of my rotation kit for my hair care.

giovionni thriple tree treat as my morning wash as its really minty and keep the scale super cooling

redkan cleansing foam as my once in three day shampoo of the choice for night wash, literally clean the **** out of ones hair, but its also so potent that it dry out your hair super fast. soak your hair in it for 10mins and your hair will be literally free of hair product.

kanebo, use it nightly as i really dig the shea butter smell, after waahing it just make me feel really relax just by smelling it. the least drying of all 3 shampoo, best smelling of them all and cleansing effect i will rate it on par with the Giovanni but lose out to the redken.

lastly, as my hair are bleaches, plus i uses 5 products in my daily styling, namely redken root spray, sea salt, quicksand for volumising purpose, nigelle wax for styling and powerpoint spray for setting it in place, my hair are quite screwed up, but the nigelle hair mask keep to be able to keep my hair healthy...

share your hairstyle? :D

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
kanebo can remove itchiness from the scalp ah?
but carbolic can cleanse the scalp. abit hard to choose leh.
cham liao. haha
i don't have oily hair and scalp but i think scalp itchy cause of the products used. haha
recommend me? haha

Buy both, bro. LOL. IMO, i think there might be too much impurities in your hair already so i would recommend carbolic silky shampoo for you to effectively remove all these. Once the root problem has been solved, you shouldnt feel the itchiness in the scalp already. But truthfully, either product will be able to help you so it really depends on whether you want to use organic shampoo without nice smell or non-organic which makes you super HIGH like someone u know who.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Nice comparison between the three products, bro. All of my expensive products are all purchased by you already. I got nothing more to poison you till september.

Beta_Tester

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
i think redkan really strong.. i use that b4.. But cant use daily imo.. But really effective in getting out crap like gatsby.

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
i think redkan really strong.. i use that b4.. But cant use daily imo.. But really effective in getting out crap like gatsby.

Power of sls hurhurhur xD

Salon grade de usually like that de lor... quick acting so save time for them. Confirm must put conditioner de lor.
And clubmed! Dun soak your head in that for 10min! No good la! We use that amount of time to destroy cells. I know you probably exaggerating for the sake of emphasis, but just a word of caution lor... modern shampoo should work instantaneously

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha of cos! I find it funny to use separate shampoo and conditioner ma

Okay as per requested, there is conditioner for Q8 Carbolic Series too. Carbolic Moisturizing Conditioner. Stocks wont be coming in together with Carbolic Silky Shampoo though. I am considering to get them into SG in the next shipment though as there might be some who wish to get conditioner too, like deaththeorist. :) Sharing for the information of the community of people in general as well. Cheers.

IMG-20130809-WA0008.jpg

hoesoverbros

Reaction score
Hello! peepo here pairing up and buy the pre order promo deal, we really do appreciate your support but we can only send to 1 address not 2. We are sorry about that =x

PS* For the benefit of those who are lazy to go to page 2, we are having a pre order promo, 2 for $45SGD. key in 'mens45' discount code. You guys know the usual drills ;)
PS** Mix and match are allowed.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Buy both, bro. LOL. IMO, i think there might be too much impurities in your hair already so i would recommend carbolic silky shampoo for you to effectively remove all these. Once the root problem has been solved, you shouldnt feel the itchiness in the scalp already. But truthfully, either product will be able to help you so it really depends on whether you want to use organic shampoo without nice smell or non-organic which makes you super HIGH like someone u know who.

maybe i will try the carbolic repacked one if available. maybe the smell nice then i can hoot. haha but will use together with head and shoulders la. haha too chor to keep using this daily.

my paul mitchell still have though. haha..

angel99999

Master Member
Reaction score
I find that the Quicksand doesn't give that good a hold for medium to longer hair lengths. Any recommendation for matt, dry and strong hold like quicksand but for longer hair lengths?

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I find that the Quicksand doesn't give that good a hold for medium to longer hair lengths. Any recommendation for matt, dry and strong hold like quicksand but for longer hair lengths?

U can consider pairing quicksand/seasalt spray with nigelle bold make clay. It really gives you a firm and steady control without hardening itself. Being a soft and wet clay itself, the application can be real easy and gives a very nice matte texture for one. More importantly, it works pretty well to give you a natural look as its there but you don't feel that its there. Medium hair length will do fine. :)

hoesoverbros

Reaction score

After applying quicksand, use hair spray to get that hold. quicksand is much more suitable for short-med hair length if you want that uber hold.

Beta_Tester

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Sea salt spray plus quicksand combo is good for me. I assumed with hair spray lagi better.

soonw29

Reaction score
I have people interested in Vantachi Hair Clay, any lovers of this hair wax? If enough demand, i will bring in moree..

Hi all,

i am trying out the response for any hair wax or hair products. If you have any product which you cant find, pm me and i will try to get for you at a affordable price.

Alternatively, i have separated some hair wax which i find them to be good. My thread is: http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/g...att-nakano-hair-wax-4327586.html#post78576824

Any one interested in any product , just let me know. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.