The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
It contains sea salt as well that's why can create volume.

no it doesnt *stare*
it contains the extremely hard silicon remains of microscopic diatoms. anyway these and seasaltsprays and powders all work the same way, by increasing friction. try it!(or should i say, try them!) you wont regret

edit: when i mentioned powders i was referring to the q8 one as basis of my generalization. it appears that the osis version has some kind of wax inside that bonds hair also. thats why its stronger and harder to wash out.

Last edited:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no it doesnt *stare*
it contains the extremely hard silicon remains of microscopic diatoms. anyway these and seasaltsprays and powders all work the same way, by increasing friction. try it!(or should i say, try them!) you wont regret

edit: when i mentioned powders i was referring to the q8 one as basis of my generalization. it appears that the osis version has some kind of wax inside that bonds hair also. thats why its stronger and harder to wash out.

Oops. My bad. Lol. Sorry I forget we have a scientist here. Haha. Just kidding. Haha

Btw just got my hair cut. I think purple got better skills. Haha

Beta_Tester

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
have u allow ur hair to dry naturally after spraying the sea salt spray? without blow drying or even apply on dry hair?

ryouma

Reaction score
is it overkill to apply seasalt spray before drying, then for styling I use Quicksand? Or is either one sufficient?

I use straightener to add abit of curl, and I find that if I use Quicksand before drying, even though it adds volume the hair gets too dry for straightener (feels like a tug-of-war lol)

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
LOL she used it to create volume too? No need sianz lah. One bottle can last quite long too. :)

Yeah. She sprayed at the top part to make the chrysanthemum bun. At the rate she's spraying, I doubt 1 bottle can last quite long. :s13:

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is it overkill to apply seasalt spray before drying, then for styling I use Quicksand? Or is either one sufficient?

I use straightener to add abit of curl, and I find that if I use Quicksand before drying, even though it adds volume the hair gets too dry for straightener (feels like a tug-of-war lol)

If you read back several pages, you will notice that there are not only one or two people, instead several users who have been combining the use of seasalt spray and quicksand in their routine. Personally, i did not try it before though but I believe it should be feasible as seasalt spray is liquid-form product while quicksand is non-liquid-form product.

As for the dryness, volumizing products are envisaged to give such results. Do not worry that it will be damaging or what but if its too dry for you to handle, reduce the amount and experiment with the curling.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
GHD Hair Curler and Straightener

On top of my previous post, i thought maybe it will be good to share my hair curler with you guys here. GHD Hair Curler & Straightener from Korea. Pink curler which i dont really see any around too.

Pre-order-Items-001.jpg

Nightmare_Angel

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
actually best with sea salt spray is to blow dry. Blowing dry with hair dryer gives u the volume and shape that you need.

yup, agreed with that. I've tried to let the hair dry naturally after applying the seasalt spray but end result not as good as if I dry blow my hair after applying the seasalt spray. Easier to style and can get better volume. :)

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
actually best with sea salt spray is to blow dry. Blowing dry with hair dryer gives u the volume and shape that you need.

Bro. Can link me back the hairdryers? That time I never bookmark the website.

If its not too much trouble on your side.

netzach

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro. Can link me back the hairdryers? That time I never bookmark the website.

If its not too much trouble on your side.

Hey! I would appreciate having the link too! The babybliss hair dryers right? Many thanks! :)

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Hanz de Fuko Quicksand and the whole range of HDF wax are available now at HairyPortal!

Enter HDF48 now and get any 2 Hanz de Fuko products for $48.

Visit this link for HDF Quicksand - Hanz De Fuko Quicksand at HairyPortal

Free normal shipping as well. Free Ta Q Bin next day courier service for orders above $100.

Fudge Sea Salt Spray back in stock as well :)

Imperial Barber pomade will arrive latest by 20th August.

Enjoy the long weekend everybody!

Hello! peepo here pairing up and buy the pre order promo deal, we really do appreciate your support but we can only send to 1 address not 2. We are sorry about that =x

PS* For the benefit of those who are lazy to go to page 2, we are having a pre order promo, 2 for $45SGD. key in 'mens45' discount code. You guys know the usual drills ;)
PS** Mix and match are allowed.

Anyone want to share the Quicksand?

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
have u allow ur hair to dry naturally after spraying the sea salt spray? without blow drying or even apply on dry hair?

Sometimes you find yourself having to face a question which is to use hairdryer to blow dry or not to use hairdryer to blow dry. This furthers the dilemma when one is not in a rush to get out of house. So why not i let it air-dry on its own?

There is a difference between blow-drying and letting it air dry completely on its own. The results will be significantly different as blow-drying your hair will create forced movements in the hair due to the strong wind from the hairdryer. That is also why some people use hairdryer to create volume alongside with the use of brush because its different. Letting it air dry will only end up with one outcome - FLAT hair. Of coz if your hair texture itself isnt straight but curly or afro-like, then it might not be the case for you. But because typical asians have straight hair, once air-dried on its own, it will be heavy and hence, FLAT hair.

So unless you r not heading out of house, please do blow dry your hair. And if you are worrying that it will damage ur scalp or something, you can exercise safety precautions by blowing it from a reasonable distance. Like what gaoxing and nightmare mentioned, best results from saltwater spray will be achieved using a hair-dryer.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think i brought the hype for HdF in here. haha. HdF gotta pay me for the advertising. hahaha

just kidding.

Litmuss

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm contemplating between the Babyliss GTIonic and Babyliss powerlite. Which is better?

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
maybe i will try the carbolic repacked one if available. maybe the smell nice then i can hoot. haha but will use together with head and shoulders la. haha too chor to keep using this daily.

my paul mitchell still have though. haha..

Just an update to share. I am left with last bottle of Carbolic Silky Shampoo 420ml. If any want to reserve, please drop me a pm. Others had been reserved and will text accordingly once the stocks are here. Thanks for the great support all along, people!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.