[NAS] Synology NAS owner club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

midustouch

Reaction score
Question,

If I set IEEE 802.3 ad Dynamic Link Aggregation on the NAS, am I suppose to see the speed as 1000 or 2000? It is connect to 2 LACP port on a managed switch.

1000. You will see a speed improvement if you have multiple clients connecting to it. I gauge by disk transfer and network transfer rate.

kun1he2

Master Member
Reaction score
I just got my Prolink UPS 800VA yesterday and it works well with my Syology 413.

Schedue it to shutdown after 3 mins in standby mode and it worked.

Bought mine at Fuwell for 79. :)

Hmm.. 800VA for $79 only? GST inclusive?
Sounds like a very good deal.

xJeris

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
eh.. currently, i am having this issue.

the IP listed on MyDS is not the same as my external IP.

Any reason?

xJeris

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thing is.. I can't even register a new host name. It says server can't be connected.

Initially was Ok. All these happen until I change to dsl7000 grv aztech router.

mada89

Reaction score
Setting up DS213

Hihi,

Am new to NAS. Bought a DS213 yesterday, put in 2xWD 2TB, connect to the M1 Huawei router, turned it on and the orange status light keep blinking. Couldn't detect the DS from my computer. :(

Any help on this would be much appreciated?

Sydney2K

Reaction score
Anyone using the APC BX650CI-AS UPS with Synology? :s12:
Can the Synology shutdown properly?

Last edited:

benzene55

Reaction score
Thing is.. I can't even register a new host name. It says server can't be connected.

Initially was Ok. All these happen until I change to dsl7000 grv aztech router.

i.e. to say, this implicates Synology DDNS and will cause the NAS to be unaccessible via internet/HTTP/HTTPS?

If yes, then its normal, both the DSL7000 and DSL7002 had gave me this issue. No problem with N56U/N66U/AC66U/AirPort Extreme AC. The aztech is as good as DOA-CMI even before it arrived to my house :o

mrkiasu

Reaction score
orange light blink, that means the unit's volume is not setup yet.

Download Center - Synology Inc. Network Attached Storage - NEW NAS Experience bays&m=DS213

http://ukdl.synology.com/download/ds/userguide/DSM4.2/Syno_UsersGuide_NAServer_enu.pdf

http://ukdl.synology.com/download/ds/QIG/x13-series/DS213/Syno_QIG_2bay_enu.pdf

refer the link above,

1) install the synology assistant
2) search for the unit in your network, the Huawei should have given an IP number to the DS213
3) setup the unit using synology assistant.
4) login into the unit
5) setup your volume
6) download the packages from package center
7) enjoy the unit.

Hihi,

Am new to NAS. Bought a DS213 yesterday, put in 2xWD 2TB, connect to the M1 Huawei router, turned it on and the orange status light keep blinking. Couldn't detect the DS from my computer. :(

Any help on this would be much appreciated?

mada89

Reaction score
Hi,

I installed the assistant but the error message says it could be blocked by my OS firewall? I'm using windows 7.
Not able to do the setup as can't find the unit at all. :(

mada89

Reaction score
Hi,

I installed the assistant but the error message says it could be blocked by my OS firewall? I'm using windows 7.
Not able to do the setup as can't find the unit at all. :(
connected the cable direct to laptop and am able to do the setup now.
hope it will be fine after i re-connect to router.
Thanks for earlier advice!

mada89

Reaction score
connected the cable direct to laptop and am able to do the setup now.
hope it will be fine after i re-connect to router.
Thanks for earlier advice!
spent the last 2 hours trying to create volume but i kept being logged out halfway through by "you are not authorized to run this service" and the DS shuts down and re-starts?

What should I do?

mada89

Reaction score
spent the last 2 hours trying to create volume but i kept being logged out halfway through by "you are not authorized to run this service" and the DS shuts down and re-starts?

What should I do?
everytime i try to create volume, the DS will shut down and restart. Which is why, being logged out, I get the error msg "not authorized to use the service". Why does it shut down at the exact same time, 10 seconds after trying to create volume?
Is there something wrong with the unit?

xJeris

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i.e. to say, this implicates Synology DDNS and will cause the NAS to be unaccessible via internet/HTTP/HTTPS?

If yes, then its normal, both the DSL7000 and DSL7002 had gave me this issue. No problem with N56U/N66U/AC66U/AirPort Extreme AC. The aztech is as good as DOA-CMI even before it arrived to my house :o

yeah.... you are right.

Sibei sian, dont feel like spending extra money on a 3rd party router.

Anyone managed to resolve?:(

richie

Master Member
Reaction score
213+ and 2x4TB hdd

Guys,

I am thinking of getting a 213+ with 2x4 TB. Do you think I should wait for the PC show in Sep (2 weeks away) or just buy it now?

I don't usually go for the PC shows (can't stand the crowds) so is there much savings to get them at the show?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.