The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Haha! Seems like my stylist lowest price! Xclusive hair studio also at fep. 17 bucks cut and wash \o/

Always hear other customers say on par with shunji matsuo dunno zhun anot

soonw29

Reaction score
Haha! Seems like my stylist lowest price! Xclusive hair studio also at fep. 17 bucks cut and wash \o/

Waa. Thats quite cheap. FEP is far east plaza? Next time i can go there and see see.

aorealme

Reaction score
I have thick and straight hair and i like to do matt quiff. I always have a problem where the side of my hair will drop. I am using joico erratic and osis hairspray. Thinking of getting sea salt spray before my heat blowdry step. Any advice?

Last edited:

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You can try hair inn at amk hub. Look for James. $22.. i find his skills not bad and not pushy for products.

Nahz. My kind of hairstyle I need a hairstylist that really know how to cut and cut equally and nice. I've found 1 at Kobayashi. Don't wanna switch around anymore.

Having a mullet hairstyle.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

This is cheap. I cut at shirley mah which costs $15 for students and doesnt cover wash. Maybe can give it a try next time too. :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have thick and straight hair and i like to do matt quiff. I always have a problem where the side of my hair will drop. I am using joico erratic and osis hairspray. Thinking of getting sea salt spray before my heat blowdry step. Any advice?

Seasalt spray will definitely help you on this. Basically, it creates a matte structure which allows subsequent application of wax/clay to be better complemented and hence, lasting power through the day can be furthered and more effective. Needless to say, it actually allows for creation of greater volume. Give it a try and i replied your pm already! :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
a quick and simple review of a easy to use product from our LeeJhong!

Lolane Gel Gum (not sure if the product is correct)

I was given a sample of this product to try from Junhong. Finally got the chance to use.
First impression, smell! not shea butter but it smells damn good. not fruity or buttery. The smell stays in between masculine and feminine and I love the smell.
It's a wet-based gel that supposed to give High Hold and High Shine (as usual from all gel products).
The same old method of styling, sea salt spray, blow dry into shape and here we go.
Dap a little product into my hands and spread it evenly, surprisingly, as a wet-based gel, it dries up fairly quickly when i rake it into my hair. Even though it dries up quickly, the shine and hold is almost instantaneous. But one point to note is that you need to keep dapping the product for a little more to style because of the drying speed. Application is simple and straight forward.
Hold is there. Finish like what gels is supposed to do. BUT! it doesn't have the super hard look like what old-school gels give. No separation of hair like "blades" (you know what i mean if you ever use gel during primary school or secondary school). It's more like a wax and gel combination. Keeping it all natural looking yet with hold. Quite a interesting product.

Good for people who are looking for alternatives to water-based pomades for slick back or side-slick comb.

It's still holding my hair without fraying of baby hair! thumbs up! haha

Thanks LeeJhong for yet another great product!

Nice and concise review by you, bro. And yes, this is Lolane Head Up Fiber Gel Gum from Thailand. The smell itself is rather subjective. Have people who feedback-ed that its pleasant (like gaoxing) and some who said its too strong. Basically, i feel its kind of salon concentrated smell. Something to add on, fiber gel will give you pro vitamin b5 as nourishment so its like treating your hair with care while its doing the job of styling.

Haven't personally try pomade before but yes, i am thinking that it can be one good alternative to pomade which could be fairly hard to wash off. For those who intend to try it out as sample during their purchases, please feel free to let me know anytime. I only have one pathetic tub with me as tester but its in a tub volume of 180g which can last for a considerable period of time. :)

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Time to sum all the reviews and put it somewhere for ppl looking for hair products to read! Haha my review is noob though.

fifoent

Reaction score
sharing my noob review on hairbond moulder:

smells really nice, it's an apple scent.
really satisfied with the matte effect as I used joico previously and it has some shine although it's suppose to be matte.
easier to wash off as compared to joico.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just received my tigi session sea salt spray from beautybay. order 1/8, received 24/8.

not bad la. haha

Xenoxide

Reaction score
my side down perm cream has arrived!! probably try it tonight or tomorrow morning and i'll upload some pics

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my side down perm cream has arrived!! probably try it tonight or tomorrow morning and i'll upload some pics

NAISE! Can also take note how long it will last? Not sure if its supposed to apply everytime or it will be able to last for quite some time. Kinda cumbersome to apply everytime.

Xenoxide

Reaction score
NAISE! Can also take note how long it will last? Not sure if its supposed to apply everytime or it will be able to last for quite some time. Kinda cumbersome to apply everytime.

I believe its a permanent solution. Until the new hair grows out. Think of it as a perm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.