[NAS] Synology NAS owner club!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just gotten a ds213j with a 3TB WD red but I am
experiencing some issues now...

1) Cannot access the NAS from the Internet (outside of home network) - My router is Asus RT- AC66U and I have done port forwarding for the router, with ports such as 5000, 5005 and 5006 opened. However, I still cannot connect to the NAS with the IP address. Upon using the open port check tool, it says connection timeout.

2) After I have done port forwarding yesterday, today the synology assistant and replicator is unable to detect the ds213j. However, I am able to access it using the IP address. Why is this so!

Please kindly advise!

ducky_88

Master Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just gotten a ds213j with a 3TB WD red but I am
experiencing some issues now...

1) Cannot access the NAS from the Internet (outside of home network) - My router is Asus RT- AC66U and I have done port forwarding for the router, with ports such as 5000, 5005 and 5006 opened. However, I still cannot connect to the NAS with the IP address. Upon using the open port check tool, it says connection timeout.

2) After I have done port forwarding yesterday, today the synology assistant and replicator is unable to detect the ds213j. However, I am able to access it using the IP address. Why is this so!

Please kindly advise!

1. If your ISP is starhub, You need to port forward to some other numbers not used in NAS configuration. I'm using port 82, and to remote access you need to create a DDNS account follow by setting up the configuration in DSM.

2. This I'm not sure as I don't use synology assistant & replicator. I usually key in my IP:5000

Hope this helps.

Egoistee

Reaction score
1. no
2. depends on how you define safe.
3. yes, if you configured it as it is.
My definition of safe in this case would be "No one else can access my NAS from outside... and have access to my files"

My NAS is now holding a lot of important contents.. like my CC, documents etc..

Gribber

Banned
Reaction score
My definition of safe in this case would be "No one else can access my NAS from outside... and have access to my files"

My NAS is now holding a lot of important contents.. like my CC, documents etc..

Once you go online, nothing is safe.

Reaction score
1. If your ISP is starhub, You need to port forward to some other numbers not used in NAS configuration. I'm using port 82, and to remote access you need to create a DDNS account follow by setting up the configuration in DSM.

2. This I'm not sure as I don't use synology assistant & replicator. I usually key in my IP:5000

Hope this helps.

Hi ducky thanks for the help!

1) Hmm my ISP is MR...I have set up the DDNS account but if I cannot access it via the IP address then even if I set up I also do not have remote access, right?

2) I see, alright hope others can help

Gribber

Banned
Reaction score

1) Hmm my ISP is MR...I have set up the DDNS account but if I cannot access it via the IP address then even if I set up I also do not have remote access, right?

1. That is correct.

2. Check your router settings

zer0ne

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Did you apply for MR static IP? Else no way your DDNS going to work.

ducky_88

Master Member
Reaction score
Any people know how I can create a folder such that it can be synchronize with cloud station folder?

F0Hj4jx.jpg

vBSMrP4.jpg

As u can see folders with the cloud on it. Trying to create one.

Last edited:

akiden

Reaction score
Using Download Station mobile on iphone within LAN, the BT search function doesn't throw up any search results at all. But BT search works well on Download Station in Mac.

Is this the same experience for all?

xJeris

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

you got do port forwarding bo?

tazzycorner

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good News for iphone users!

New update of the DS Video app supports VLC Player.
Now can stream & play rmvb and avi thru VLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.