The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Yea now i swear by this combo also. Seems to be the best after all the permutations.

Really ar? Kuso now I gian lols.
Arimino not as good? Neo spice wor. Not spice sister.

Eh gx I tot u said gold digger better with quicksand? Quick quick wanna see ur comparisons lol

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Really ar? Kuso now I gian lols.
Arimino not as good? Neo spice wor. Not spice sister.

Eh gx I tot u said gold digger better with quicksand? Quick quick wanna see ur comparisons lol

hmm.

all i can say is..

If you want full matte look and out of bed look,
go with quicksand (for the dry look) then finish with gold digger for hold (matte as well)

if you want a little shine and more polished look,
go with sponge wax (natural shine) then finish with gold digger for hold (when mix with sponge wax, it turns out a little shiny, very little)

First product work in to your hair first, then lastly with 2nd product to style and finish your look.

comparing hold wise, i think pretty much the same. because gold digger is holding everything together.

if this isn't enough, please use hair spray to fixate the look. Just a few sprays will do. Don't spam.

Tip for everyone, use a small amount first, add if needed. Too much at one go will cause the hair to flop.

deadbeat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
POWERPOINT HAIR SPRAY REVIEW!!!

Wassup guys! Yet another simple review from me. (Not sure why am i doing this because LeeJhong aka Dior Model has already covered most of the things i want to say but nevertheless, i will say what i thought of it as a end-user/consumer pov :s13:)

Anyway, this PowerPoint Hair Spray is from Japan and the company that does this is call Feeling. Huge bottle. 400g of goodness inside. Probably can last me a good 4-6 months cause I will only use hair spray when i am partying or going out over the weekends. Everyday user can expect a usage duration of at least 2 - 4 months. I explain why the duration can be so long later in the review.

This review will be a direct comparison to OSIS+ Freeze Number 3 because i own it before the powerpoint and since ever since i got the powerpoint, the osis+ has pass on to my younger brother. haha

Let's get started shall we?

First impression - Huge ass spray can. After i got it from JH, i straight away go back to my office toilet and give it a try. The thing i like most the first time i use it is the spray nozzle. It has a wider and stronger distribution of the liquid product. Comparing to what osis+, it distributed better and as well wider. Osis+ nozzle tends to concentrate on a smaller area. Also the pressure is also stronger for power point. This means all it takes is 2-3 sprays and the entire head will be covered.
+1 for Power Point

The smell, let's see, i think it smells very similar to how a salon will smell with all the pleasant scent of shampoos and conditioner. Kinda sweet but not exactly feminine. Osis+ has its own unique smell too. To me, both are nice. no clear winner over here.
Draw!

Now the most important part - The hold!
Osis+ as we all know is meant to be really strong and have awesome control. But for most of the guys here, we do not have really SPIKED up hair like freaking mohawk. All we need and want is our hair to stay as it is after we style it. Best is have good control over strong winds or humid weather that will break down the hair product we have in our hair.
Osis+ freeze does what its name says, IT FREEZES your hair. Leaving it gelled up, stiff and look un-natural. For one, having a huge spiked mohawk is already un-natural. And you can't really restyle your hair or rake your hair because it's totally stiff. Osis+ also has a certain amount of shine when you use it and take a certain time to get it fully dry.
OSIS+ can be a little heavy and my hair tends to flop after awhile. Not the entire fringe but small bunches of hair will flop

However, for power point hair spray, the selling point is that it's lightweight and at the same time, strong hold and control.
Even with the strong winds in tanjong pagar, my hair stays on to be how it looks when i styled it. Pretty awesome i would say.
When i used it, it dries up pretty quickly. I tried touching my hair after a while, i can feel that my hair turns thick, meaning the hair spray has settled in and holding on to my hair. I kinda like the feeling because it shows that whenever i move my hair, it wouldn't flop. Here comes the amazing part, this hair spray is pliable, i can restyle anytime i want, bunching up my hair or raking is not an issue! No flakes or what also ever and my hair is never stiff or gelled up but yet i am amazed that its strong enough to hold it against wind (not typhoon kind ah! lol)
As of now, i don't see my fringe flopping in bunches. So far so good!
There's also a certain amount of shine but really low as compared to osis+

+1 POINT GOES TO POWERPOINT YET AGAIN!

By the way, both products are tested on a simple quiff that i usually have. the standard you guys always see if you have been following this thread closely.

As we can see, a clear winner! I will recommend power point hair spray for anyone who wants light weight but yet strong control for your hair. Something that most of us wants here is to keep our hair style fixated the whole day looking natural instead of looking stiff or gelled up.

Huge ass bottle - why it can last because just a simple 2-3 sprays is enough, you don't need extra sprays because more sprays means more product on your hair which will lead to added weight and there you go again, hair flopping.

A picture of the bottle (not exactly a guy color but as long it does its job, who cares! it stored at home anyway!)
Don't mind my office desk, govt budget cannot afford monitor stand for me. haha
IMG_00000320_zpsa4459dbb.jpg
lol, same monitor in my office but I'm using a cardboard as monitor stand.

apparently GLCs cannot afford monitor stands too. think we must look for MNCs already :s22:

deadbeat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
CK eternity ah bro? shiok bo that smell? i must go try it liao! :s12::s12::s12:

ck eternity very classic but i like it a lot :love: used to use it as my 'day' perfume

but now moved on to something else already. still have soft spot for it though :s13:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i like when my hair look like his last pages back. Quite hard to replicate again

IMG_0005_zps2a3691d9.jpg

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just to share a picture of my personal collection of hair styling products. Might not be a lot as compared to some of the bros here. But anyway, sometimes my friends asked me why i torture my hair with so many different styling products. My answer to them.

"Change your thinking and you change the world." Happy styling everyday, people! :)

2013-09-15-23.25.34.jpg

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just to share a picture of my personal collection of hair styling products. Might not be a lot as compared to some of the bros here. But anyway, sometimes my friends asked me why i torture my hair with so many different styling products. My answer to them.

"Change your thinking and you change the world." Happy styling everyday, people! :)

2013-09-15-23.25.34.jpg

not sure if anyone is into EDM but best describe this pic i think

netzach

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ck eternity very classic but i like it a lot :love: used to use it as my 'day' perfume

but now moved on to something else already. still have soft spot for it though :s13:

what you're using now bro? intro intro? i go test it out! TIA!! :s12::s12:

netzach

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

2013-09-15-23.25.34.jpg

it's proven here.

must have both the f**king Voi - Da chick hairspray & RED seasalt spray

Last edited:

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello guys! Just an update from TPJ. Kanebo shampoo, SYOSS wax and VOI are out of stock already. I am left with last one for Carbolic Shampoo too. Thanks for the overwhelming support! Credits to the bros (special mention: netzach) who have been helping me post reviews and feedbacks out of self initiative. Really appreciative of the help that you guys gave and i will continue to strive to bring more quality products in too! OS Fashion Sea Spray, PP hair spray (thanks to gaoxing bro's reviews) and Nigelle Bold Make Clay (due to current promotional price at $39.90 instead of $45.90; ends on Sept 30th) are almost out of stock soon. Will be replenishing stocks for them as well.

NEW PRODUCT #1: Next up will be Kanebo pH 4 Acidic Conditioner to nourish your hair. It is an interesting product. :)
NEW PRODUCT #2: Q8 Moisturizing Conditioner will be in too. Any guys who are interested in getting conditioner for themselves can pm me too.
NEW PRODUCT #3: I had given some of the bros here EBL Head Colour Forced Finalizing Hair Clay to try as sample. Some of them had commented on the thread previously. Shipment will be in next month and will be up for grabs! So stay tuned.

Hence, from now till friday will be the pre order period for Kanebo Shampoo, Kanebo Conditioner and Q8 Conditioner. Pre-order at $31.90 for Kanebo Shampoo/Conditioner instead of $35.90. Q8 Shampoo/Conditioner pre-order at $21.90 instead of $23.90. :)

EDIT: NEW PRODUCTS COMING IN*. No new products have arrived in SG yet.

Last edited:

netzach

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro, leave me a MSG for the Kanebo conditioner. Will transfer you the $ later in the night. I gotta go sleep already, been up the whole night. ****ing case study man, I'm ****ing shagged now man gotta go zzzzzzzzzzz.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro, leave me a MSG for the Kanebo conditioner. Will transfer you the $ later in the night. I gotta go sleep already, been up the whole night. ****ing case study man, I'm ****ing shagged now man gotta go zzzzzzzzzzz.

Yeah steady bro! Will drop you a text later. U really number 1 support for kanebo. Kudos to you bro! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.