Microsoft Surface

poooooo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if order from usa then ship a surface pro 2, do ms have international warranty?

bedlamite

Reaction score
But iPad starts at 658.. And everybody is gaga over it..
The iPad has more than proven it's worth the money. Solid hardware and an appstore that's still miles and miles ahead of Android's, let alone RT.

At a similar pricepoint the Surface compares very very poorly, perhaps not hardware wise, but the apps...whoa. A tablet lives and dies on the strength of its appstore since apps extend device usability by so much, and in that respect it's crazy to think the Surface is worthy of the US$450 price tag.

Vincent_G

Reaction score
The iPad has more than proven it's worth the money. Solid hardware and an appstore that's still miles and miles ahead of Android's, let alone RT.

At a similar pricepoint the Surface compares very very poorly, perhaps not hardware wise, but the apps...whoa. A tablet lives and dies on the strength of its appstore since apps extend device usability by so much, and in that respect it's crazy to think the Surface is worthy of the US$450 price tag.
What if I tell you that I need office badly for my work, and do not really use apps that much..

poooooo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What if I tell you that I need office badly for my work, and do not really use apps that much..

for me ipad is pretty useless when it comes to work, both my brother and i
cant find a use for it.. been waiting for a good win 8 tablet with stylus/pen....

knave

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone has any idea how long was the difference between Singapore and Hong Kong getting the 1st Surface Pro?

I'm hoping its not too long a wait for the Pro 2 to reach our shores. Hopefully by end Nov. That's provided they didn't run out of stock!

xheavenic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

yea this. one main point for me to get the RT is for the full office and browser experience. I used to own the asus transformer pad with the keyboard dock. Using office on android/ios is just not as effective. RT makes me feel as if I am really using Office on a proper windows PC and things are much more efficient. Of cos, RT/Surface 2 is great only if you are looking for a "Office" machine, which is what I needed.

Main point, Full browser + Office.

Looking for other fanciful stuff? Get android tablets or ipads :s22:

Last edited:

kekacofmmhkfoll

Suspended
Reaction score
anyone has any idea how long was the difference between Singapore and Hong Kong getting the 1st Surface Pro?

I'm hoping its not too long a wait for the Pro 2 to reach our shores. Hopefully by end Nov. That's provided they didn't run out of stock!
Was 3 months.

if order from usa then ship a surface pro 2, do ms have international warranty?

Yes it does.

--

On a side node for those complaining about apps. Its certainly better designed for a tablet than any of the 2 OS.
With Android primarily consisting of blown up apps from phone, making no difference between that and a phone and iOS that's not there from a productivity standpoint on what you can do with it other than entertainment.

Last edited:

saljiputeh

Banned
Reaction score

Earliest should be next year

masotime

Master Member
Reaction score

for me ipad is pretty useless when it comes to work, both my brother and i
cant find a use for it.. been waiting for a good win 8 tablet with stylus/pen....

The thing is... if you need to do office work badly, why not get a proper Windows laptop?

Or even the Surface Pro?

The only argument for the Surface RT/2 is that it is cheap, light and has support for MS Office.

However, if you're a real office worker, you should easily be able to spare the money for a Surface Pro at the very least, with the stylus to boot.

Otherwise I am actually more interested in the really nice Microsoft laptops out there like the Samsung Ativ Book 9 Plus or other high resolution ultraportables out there.

lordlad0

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i am more interested in the surface 2 pro....as an ultralight-weight and small portable, windows machine, the user case i can think of for myself is tremendous...not to mention its 512gb storage at its highest capacity...

Sure, the surface 2 pro is undoubtedly fatter and will most definitely runs hotter but i am interested in getting this as an ultraportable vs an ultrabook....as most really thin ultra came at most 128gb storage.

David Lai

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
While everyone is celebrating release of the new Surface Pro 2, I am waiting for my Surface RT from my school. Thus, I am looking for screen protector and sleeve now. Any 1 have any idea where I can get it?

I saw some really nice sleeve from Amazon but they do not do international shipping. :( Tried window shopping around but only saw many stand pouch case cover. But I am looking for "sleeve" (like a laptop cover), not a stand pouch case cover that wrap my whole tablet. :o

Saw in Challenger has both, though not too sure whether the case meets your requirement.

bedlamite

Reaction score
LastBattle said:
On a side node for those complaining about apps. Its certainly better designed for a tablet than any of the 2 OS.
With Android primarily consisting of blown up apps from phone, making no difference between that and a phone and iOS that's not there from a productivity standpoint on what you can do with it other than entertainment.
You'll get no argument from me about the OS, it does truly show up the Android and iOS tablets for the toys that they are. Beautifully designed apps like Bing News also outdo Apple apps and embarrass Android apps for the truly clunky and ugly crap that exists on the Play Store, but there aren't enough of them. The prescence of a fully functional desktop browser in the RT also goes some way to mitigate the lack of apps, but again, popular consumer belief is that if your tablet don't got no apps, it's crap. MS has to address this.

With the Pro 2 docking station, they may have a good shot at the corporate space. with any luck they'll gain traction there, which may help their chances with the S2 in the consumer market. As things go right now, however, the S2 is DOA. The build quality of a Surface 2 may be second to none, but it's just completely priced out of the market. The $150-$400 Android tablet market segment is on fire right now (we all know these cheap tablets are generally rubbish, but that is what the people want), while the iPad occupies the upmarket tablet space. MS has a fantastic product, but they have one heck of a uphill battle.

masotime said:
The thing is... if you need to do office work badly, why not get a proper Windows laptop?

Or even the Surface Pro?

The only argument for the Surface RT/2 is that it is cheap, light and has support for MS Office.

However, if you're a real office worker, you should easily be able to spare the money for a Surface Pro at the very least, with the stylus to boot.

Otherwise I am actually more interested in the really nice Microsoft laptops out there like the Samsung Ativ Book 9 Plus or other high resolution ultraportables out there.
Exactly. I'm guessing the S2's going to be about 800 bucks when it comes here? For $800 you could buy a decent laptop for work purposes, why goof around with a tablet? If your company uses internal applications you're obviously hosed there. If your work only requires Office and a browser, sure go for it. Otherwise, uh, no.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.