The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
never come in last few days cos was crazy busy and the thread moves so fast!

anyway, my hair stylist strongly recommends AGAINST this. used to do this for a year and my scalp suffered. basically i only shampoo once a week. bad idea

Really? Like every stylist will recommend that to me but I never try lol.

deadbeat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
couple of random tips to share after reading through...hard to quote multiple posts

YMMV but here goes:

- when styling, use your palm. based from personal experience, this will have far better results than just purely using fingers to 'pick'. Like what some people have already commented, use the whole palm. It helps give a more 'natural' look and avoid smearing too much on any 1 part. You can 'mold' the shape easier too. Use fingers to finish off at the end.... :vijayadmin:

- start from the crown/middle, then work your way to the back and then the sides last. there's actually a difference in effect

- like what the others mentioned, i use a bit of water when using very 'thick' hair products like clay. Obviously please dont try this with wax as it will be damn disgusting. mix with very little water to spread the clay easier. note that this will add a little shine and also make the hold less. its a trade-off

- lastly, its all a matter of experience and practice. thats why its very hard to achieve the same effect as when your hair-stylist does it for you

Last edited:

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
never come in last few days cos was crazy busy and the thread moves so fast!

anyway, my hair stylist strongly recommends AGAINST this. used to do this for a year and my scalp suffered. basically i only shampoo once a week. bad idea
Eh what? Once a week??? Then u jus keep on adding wax?

deadbeat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
rinse off nightly with water and conditioner only :(

i suspect this advice MIGHT work for Caucasian hair cos theirs are really limp and thin compared to asian hair. but in any case, please do not follow this regime. im still recovering from it :s22:

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
rinse off nightly with water and conditioner only :(

i suspect this advice MIGHT work for Caucasian hair cos theirs are really limp and thin compared to asian hair. but in any case, please do not follow this regime. im still recovering from it :s22:
Noted with thanks! Good luck bro! >.<

What made you try in the first place?

deadbeat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Let's just say you should not follow blindly everything u read online. I should have known better of course :s22:

Had a really unhealthy scalp & quite bad hairloss

prozaizxc

Reaction score
Okay, after heeding some of your advices, I have tried the gold digger again today and this time with JH's advice, I have style it opposite of the usual way and it really looks like it has more volume! This time though, I just towel dried my hair quite thoroughly instead of blow drying as blow drying tends to make my hair very very dry and frizzy so its hard to style. Towel drying throughly makes my hair softer somewhat and easier to style. Its almost dry when I apply the GD except for the roots as my hair is pretty short so towel drying almost dries it totally. The GD is much easier to apply this way. I find the smell of the GD now very nice and it has a very manly smell. The smell of the GD grew on me as I used it and now I love it! GD FTW~ :s13:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think our handsome JH shld do a video on styling hair.

haha for me is simple and straight forward.

Bua the entire head in circular motion using palms, use finger to get the products into the roots for hold and finish off with raking of my hair backwards with my fingers and using the remaining wax in the palms to somehow push back all the flyaways.

lol 15mins everyday. includes blow dry and everything.

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Bua the entire head in circular motion using palms, use finger to get the products into the roots for hold and finish off with raking of my hair backwards with my fingers and using the remaining wax in the palms to somehow push back all the flyaways.

Wah I fully agree! Bro Jh should do a video! You also can!

We look forward our singapore version of Slikhaar!

deadbeat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
that being said, I can't stand girls with smelly hair especially if they are long... cos I'm usually taller than them and just nice their hair will be where my nose is. especially in enclosed areas, i can tell who don't wash their hair regularly and its really really :s22::s22:

deadbeat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
im quite impressed with the nigelle clay after experimenting for the past 1 week. initially wasn't very happy with it until I got the 'hang' of using it

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just wondering again.. If I dyed my hair (those normal box dye)today then this Friday I perm my hair. Strongly not recommended right? Cos my hair colour getting ugly and obvious.. Very light chestnut brown now. Black hair grown about 4cm only.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
couple of random tips to share after reading through...hard to quote multiple posts

YMNV but here goes:

- when styling, use your palm. based from personal experience, this will have far better results than just purely using fingers to 'pick'. Like what some people have already commented, use the whole palm. It helps give a more 'natural' look and avoid smearing too much on any 1 part. You can 'mold' the shape easier too. Use fingers to finish off at the end.... :vijayadmin:

- start from the crown/middle, then work your way to the back and then the sides last. there's actually a difference in effect

- like what the others mentioned, i use a bit of water when using very 'thick' hair products like clay. Obviously please dont try this with wax as it will be damn disgusting. mix with very little water to spread the clay easier. note that this will add a little shine and also make the hold less. its a trade-off

- lastly, its all a matter of experience and practice. thats why its very hard to achieve the same effect as when your hair-stylist does it for you

Nice sharing bro! Thumbs up! :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh no!!! I'm reading this. I'm online. Nooooooo

This just made me laugh literally. But true enough. What we are discussing here is also online and in a public domain. Take everything with a pinch of salt and soon, you will know whats best for you. :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Okay, after heeding some of your advices, I have tried the gold digger again today and this time with JH's advice, I have style it opposite of the usual way and it really looks like it has more volume! This time though, I just towel dried my hair quite thoroughly instead of blow drying as blow drying tends to make my hair very very dry and frizzy so its hard to style. Towel drying throughly makes my hair softer somewhat and easier to style. Its almost dry when I apply the GD except for the roots as my hair is pretty short so towel drying almost dries it totally. The GD is much easier to apply this way. I find the smell of the GD now very nice and it has a very manly smell. The smell of the GD grew on me as I used it and now I love it! GD FTW~ :s13:

I am so glad that you bothered to try it out bro! Glad that it helps you too. Sometimes, its all about illusion and covering up. And seems like you are the only other one who seems to think that the smell is kinda masculine. Not really that horrid afterall. In fact, i pretty much like it too! GD FTW! GAOXING FTW! :s12:

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Dont come sabo me bro. U can also do one too. Actually, doing a video is even harder than doing a class presentation. But if it helps, i will try to do one in the future when i got more free time on hand. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.