The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya lo. Telling us that the product has restock wouldn't give us any idea whether this product would do.

Unlike some of our Bros here who give their review and opinion which can give us an idea before we purchase the product!

lol. you guys just come and go?

want business, also must visit this thread, give your views on hair thread.

hit and run business model won't work one. haha :s8:

U two like a fierce. Don't dare to mess with you two liao. :eek:

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Now its the right time to do some sales. Bro, try Nigelle DS TF Treatment. Hair mask will help to conditon and nourish your hair back to silky smooth and light. But don't use it too much. Guys by right dont need too much hair care but doesnt mean no hair care at all. Because if too much hair care, it might be hard to style on normal days but no hair care means you have to let your hair suffer in silence.

Thanks bro. Your guess are very right. Indeed very experienced ah you!

I got a tube of protein + vitamin cream for damage hair rebuilder. But maybe due to I'm quite lazy or sometimes busy to apply it.. Therefore hair become chui until I know you guys and this thread! Haha

I think after I perm. Do I need a shampoo for curl hair? Temporary I use the Herbal essence shampoo till kanebo arrive should be ok mah?

Last edited:

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks bro. Your guess are very right. Indeed very experienced ah you!

I got a tube of protein + vitamin cream for damage hair rebuilder. But maybe due to I'm quite lazy or sometimes busy to apply it.. Therefore hair become chui until I know you guys and this thread! Haha

I think after I perm. Do I need a shampoo for curl hair? Temporary I use the Herbal essence shampoo till kanebo arrive should be ok mah?

No lah. Just anyhow whack info only. :s13:

Apply it sometimes. I know laziness can be the reason but try to apply it sometimes. Sometimes better than never.

Think might need death bro's help on this. From what i know, there is no shampoo for permed hair. Shampoo for coloured hair, there is. HE shampoo will be okay but remember to use conditioner or hair care products in the beginning. Trust me, it will be quite dry. If you ignore the dryness, its going to bite back on you next time. Once you realized the dryness is more or less gone, you can try to reduce the usage of the haircare but most importantly, you should keep things consistent. And just in case your hair stylist didnt tell you (which i doubt he wont), don't shampoo your hair on the day after you permed. It will destroy the bonds i think (sorry, my science not good). So what will be the consequences if you shampoo right after perming, the perming effects will be lost very fast so you might not realize the difference shortly thereafter but perhaps 1 month down the road, you might not have the wavy and permed effects anymore.

I ought to say that shampoo-ing after perming is NO-NO from what i know. But shampoo-ing after dying is YES for me. A lot of people said no shampooing after dying but i believe it doesn't matter. So these two cases are different for me. Correct me if i am wrong. Especially pointers from death scientist bro. :s13:

stam

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any hair care to prevent hair loss? my front part like slowly forming M...:vijayadmin:

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Apply it sometimes. I know laziness can be the reason but try to apply it sometimes. Sometimes better than never.

Think might need death bro's help on this. From what i know, there is no shampoo for permed hair. Shampoo for coloured hair, there is. HE shampoo will be okay but remember to use conditioner or hair care products in the beginning. Trust me, it will be quite dry. If you ignore the dryness, its going to bite back on you next time. Once you realized the dryness is more or less gone, you can try to reduce the usage of the haircare but most importantly, you should keep things consistent. And just in case your hair stylist didnt tell you (which i doubt he wont), don't shampoo your hair on the day after you permed. It will destroy the bonds i think (sorry, my science not good). So what will be the consequences if you shampoo right after perming, the perming effects will be lost very fast so you might not realize the difference shortly thereafter but perhaps 1 month down the road, you might not have the wavy and permed effects anymore.

I ought to say that shampoo-ing after perming is NO-NO from what i know. But shampoo-ing after dying is YES for me. A lot of people said no shampooing after dying but i believe it doesn't matter. So these two cases are different for me. Correct me if i am wrong. Especially pointers from death scientist bro. :s13:

I got an shampoo and conditioner for colour hair last time.. I used till finish then I didn't buy it. So i end up using those normal off the shelves shampoo. Hahaha.

I have been putting conditioner Everytime I shower which means twice a day. About half a year I do that.. But my hair still dries like desert. I think it's dead anyway

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
very rare case, usually westerners get balding/hair loss

invest in some treatment :(
Hmm? My friend like also got that m shape coming up. 20+ only lol.

There are some styles that only those guys with the m can pull off ar. No need fill it back actually

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score

Got shampoo that's marketed towards perm also. Same as the coloured hair one. Always say for damaged or permed or coloured hair lol. Asience pink xD

Technically both shampoo and conditioner is bad for both after perm and colour. Hell, u aren't even supposed to wet your head 48hrs after the perm. Some stylist will say that, then blame u if the colour or curls fade.

Idgaf tho. After perm or colour I otot carry on. I dun feel no dryness that ppl say will get. Hahaha hair feels exactly the same. Never bleach before so can't say anything about that. The effects of shampooing/conditioning/wetting wouldn't really affect much in practice IMHO. (Woah my phone auto caps IMHO for me xD) they normally perm slightly tighter anyway.. So that the desired level of curl can last for a longer time. For dye, are u seriously gonna leave a head of dye for 48 hrs? I see online got ppl do that la... But really?? Marginal benefits IMHO (Yay auto caps again).

And whatme bro. No matter how much conditioner u put u can't put back what u take out from shampooing twice a day! Maybe u can try conditioner washing for one of the times u wash ur hair. I'd say do the conditioner method before styling (same as what one of the salons that were recommended few pages back. They said on their fb page. Some atas as fk salon, I can't rmb the name but I tink it's a new salon that's opened by some up there stylist that one of the bros here really fancied). So IMHO (woohoo caps! U can tell I'm easily satisfied) just limit ur shampooing to once a day, should see improvements soon. If wanna get rid of the drying instantly, put some hair oil. The so call dryness is not really a lack of moisture, but a lack of lipids to lock moisture in. For a cheapo hair oil method that I used last time, mix equal parts Johnson's baby oil to ginvera olive oil. Can probably just use one of them, but wtheck right? XD two is better than one. Hahaha

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got shampoo that's marketed towards perm also. Same as the coloured hair one. Always say for damaged or permed or coloured hair lol. Asience pink xD

Technically both shampoo and conditioner is bad for both after perm and colour. Hell, u aren't even supposed to wet your head 48hrs after the perm. Some stylist will say that, then blame u if the colour or curls fade.

Idgaf tho. After perm or colour I otot carry on. I dun feel no dryness that ppl say will get. Hahaha hair feels exactly the same. Never bleach before so can't say anything about that. The effects of shampooing/conditioning/wetting wouldn't really affect much in practice IMHO. (Woah my phone auto caps IMHO for me xD) they normally perm slightly tighter anyway.. So that the desired level of curl can last for a longer time. For dye, are u seriously gonna leave a head of dye for 48 hrs? I see online got ppl do that la... But really?? Marginal benefits IMHO (Yay auto caps again).

And whatme bro. No matter how much conditioner u put u can't put back what u take out from shampooing twice a day! Maybe u can try conditioner washing for one of the times u wash ur hair. I'd say do the conditioner method before styling (same as what one of the salons that were recommended few pages back. They said on their fb page. Some atas as fk salon, I can't rmb the name but I tink it's a new salon that's opened by some up there stylist that one of the bros here really fancied). So IMHO (woohoo caps! U can tell I'm easily satisfied) just limit ur shampooing to once a day, should see improvements soon. If wanna get rid of the drying instantly, put some hair oil. The so call dryness is not really a lack of moisture, but a lack of lipids to lock moisture in. For a cheapo hair oil method that I used last time, mix equal parts Johnson's baby oil to ginvera olive oil. Can probably just use one of them, but wtheck right? XD two is better than one. Hahaha

Thanks bro. Will take note and try on a cooling day as if weather is hot, my scalp will be oily. Then I can't do the conditioner washing. Lol

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks bro. Will take note and try on a cooling day as if weather is hot, my scalp will be oily. Then I can't do the conditioner washing. Lol

hmm? the point of conditioner washing IS to remove excess sebum (aka oil). but yea maybe u could ease it in.

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hmm? the point of conditioner washing IS to remove excess sebum (aka oil). but yea maybe u could ease it in.

Really ah... I always thought conditioner is oily if I touch it on my scalpp

My sensitive scalp easily grow pimple if it's not clean. :/

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any hair care to prevent hair loss? my front part like slowly forming M...:vijayadmin:

I wouldn't think its only westerners who get the share of balding and hair loss. Asians are definitely vulnerable to such as well.

Actually, not all cases of M-shaped will definitely lead to balding. Sometimes, it just stop there and it will be fine actually. I feel the crux lies on the consistency in taking good care of your hair. Finding a good shampoo and conditioner depends on trial and error too so just try to find the right product for you and keep it going. All will be fine. :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got an shampoo and conditioner for colour hair last time.. I used till finish then I didn't buy it. So i end up using those normal off the shelves shampoo. Hahaha.

I have been putting conditioner Everytime I shower which means twice a day. About half a year I do that.. But my hair still dries like desert. I think it's dead anyway

Because conditioner are mainly oil-based, that is also why we feel our hair to be especially smooth and silky after usage. My advice to you is not to use conditioner everytime after shampoo-ing, let alone twice a day. This will make your hair excessively greasy and totally defeats the purpose. Same logic applies to hair mask. One should and must not use hair mask/conditioner more than what is normal, otherwise your hair is going to become very oily.

If using so much conditioner and your hair is still dry, this only means 1 thing bro. Your hair is literally dead. But no worries. Just go for a haircut and snap it off, it should be fine for you already. :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm? My friend like also got that m shape coming up. 20+ only lol.

There are some styles that only those guys with the m can pull off ar. No need fill it back actually

I got a few friends who got very serious m shaped and balding symptoms too. And they are of my age. Sometimes, its just heredity. :(

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Actually, I would beg to differ on this. Conditioner is mainly divided into oil and silicon based but most conditioners that we see in the market are oil-based actually. Either oil or silicon being used will allow our hair to be felt as silky smooth. Therefore, the point of conditioner is to repair the cortex layer (main layer) of our hair where shampoo can't actually go to that depth. Shampoo is mainly responsible for the outermost layer which is the cuticle layer. So shampoo can't displace conditoner and definitely, conditioner cannot displace shampoo too.

Besides repairing the cortext layer, usage of conditioner will also helps to add some shine to our hair which allows it to look healthy and lively. With no conditioner, your hair looks dull and boring. With excessive conditioner, your hair is going to be excessively greasy. Simply because conditioner is mainly oil-based as mentioned before. Hence, i wouldn't think that conditioner washing is going to remove excess sebum aka oil because sebum is being removed primarily by shampoo. Its just like facial skin products. We don't use moisturizer to cleanse your face and similarly, we can't use cleanser to moisturize the face too. :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Really ah... I always thought conditioner is oily if I touch it on my scalpp

My sensitive scalp easily grow pimple if it's not clean. :/

Yes, you are right. Conditioner is basically oily, however it can still touch the scalp. I copy and paste from my previous posting.

"Additionally, many times, you will also hear people saying use conditioner but dont touch the scalp. But its a controversial issue to debate on so again, just purely sharing my humble opinions. I basically condition my scalp too because i want to have healthy ends and healthy roots. So what does it mean by using conditioner on hair ends only? This will consequence in having healthy ends but unhealthy roots, which is essential useless IMO. The roots are much more important than the ends when it comes to hair growth and ultimately, hair health."

It ought to be mentioned that conditioning your scalp doesn't mean soaking your scalp with conditioner for few minutes. It just means condition as usual and don't be afraid that it will touch your scalp. If you're still worried, then go ahead and use on hair ends only. :) However, don't do this more than 2 to 3 times per week. Your scalp will become overly oily like mentioned before and naturally, your hair will be oily too. :)

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Actually, I would beg to differ on this. Conditioner is mainly divided into oil and silicon based but most conditioners that we see in the market are oil-based actually. Either oil or silicon being used will allow our hair to be felt as silky smooth. Therefore, the point of conditioner is to repair the cortex layer (main layer) of our hair where shampoo can't actually go to that depth. Shampoo is mainly responsible for the outermost layer which is the cuticle layer. So shampoo can't displace conditoner and definitely, conditioner cannot displace shampoo too.

Besides repairing the cortext layer, usage of conditioner will also helps to add some shine to our hair which allows it to look healthy and lively. With no conditioner, your hair looks dull and boring. With excessive conditioner, your hair is going to be excessively greasy. Simply because conditioner is mainly oil-based as mentioned before. Hence, i wouldn't think that conditioner washing is going to remove excess sebum aka oil because sebum is being removed primarily by shampoo. Its just like facial skin products. We don't use moisturizer to cleanse your face and similarly, we can't use cleanser to moisturize the face too. :)
if its leave-in conditioners then yea it might be oil based. but ordinary ones? not so much. u can never put too much of the normal type of conditioners. they work pretty much like how the adverts show (unbelievable right? i know). molecules targeting and zooming to where they are needed. the excess will just remain in the bulk of the material waiting to be washed off. silicone-based ones are a rarity since they are really heavy and hard to wash and ****.

you both are confusing slippery with oily. is your non-stick frying pan permanently oily?

conditioner is to shampoo as toner is to facial cleanser. yes thats right, most of the time the main ingredient is alcohol. yes, there's gonna be a little oil, a little silicone (just checked HE's conditioners, damn they have more silicones than i would like[maybe thats why the cashier gave u attitude lol]. but i think perhaps the amounts inside are still low. didnt really feel like it had a significant amount when i used it last time) . but the main bulk is long chain alcohol, and some kind of charged surfactant (this is how the "targeting" works btw, by simple +ve -ve attraction). too much of these wun even stay there after u flushed it with h2o.

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
It ought to be mentioned that conditioning your scalp doesn't mean soaking your scalp with conditioner for few minutes. It just means condition as usual and don't be afraid that it will touch your scalp. If you're still worried, then go ahead and use on hair ends only. :) However, don't do this more than 2 to 3 times per week. Your scalp will become overly oily like mentioned before and naturally, your hair will be oily too. :)
however this is how co-washing is supposed to be like, if you decide to try it out.

just realised that maybe you both have been using shitty conditioners thats why you feel that they are oily and cant be used excessively. PAGING THEPRETTYJERK! time for u to bring in QUALITY conditioners!

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if its leave-in conditioners then yea it might be oil based. but ordinary ones? not so much. u can never put too much of the normal type of conditioners. they work pretty much like how the adverts show (unbelievable right? i know). molecules targeting and zooming to where they are needed. the excess will just remain in the bulk of the material waiting to be washed off. silicone-based ones are a rarity since they are really heavy and hard to wash and ****.

you both are confusing slippery with oily. is your non-stick frying pan permanently oily?

conditioner is to shampoo as toner is to facial cleanser. yes thats right, most of the time the main ingredient is alcohol. yes, there's gonna be a little oil, a little silicone (just checked HE's conditioners, damn they have more silicones than i would like[maybe thats why the cashier gave u attitude lol]. but i think perhaps the amounts inside are still low. didnt really feel like it had a significant amount when i used it last time) . but the main bulk is long chain alcohol, and some kind of charged surfactant (this is how the "targeting" works btw, by simple +ve -ve attraction). too much of these wun even stay there after u flushed it with h2o.

So do you mean over usage of conditioner will make your hair slippery not oily? I don't know about the ingredients man bro. HAHA you're the expert on that. But perhaps you are right on this because all along, i have been inculcated with the impression that conditioner is oil-based. Even my hairstylists said that to me as well. No right no wrong i believe. Its just up to personal preference. :D

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
however this is how co-washing is supposed to be like, if you decide to try it out.

just realised that maybe you both have been using shitty conditioners thats why you feel that they are oily and cant be used excessively. PAGING THEPRETTYJERK! time for u to bring in QUALITY conditioners!

HAHAHA true lah. I am always using very normal conditioner leh. Using it in moderation too. Yes and you got it. Kanebo Acidic conditioner at pH 4. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.