Best VPN provider (In your opinion)? (Strictly no referral allowed)

bleachberu

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just to update...been doing more desktop research in the area. Astrill does look promising.

However, the only nagging thing about them is the amount of personal data they collect to start their service. It appears that they ask for full address and even your mobile number for verfication purposes. It's NOT like I have anything to hide or wanting to use a vpn for illegal purposes but I find that a tad ironic.

Found another provider, IPVanish, getting good reviews. Anyone here use them?

Cheers,
B

uRiZEn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Purevpn also mah. Tried to sign up with the phone number verification but couldn't. In the end send scanned copy of nric.

negativzero

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Just to update...been doing more desktop research in the area. Astrill does look promising.

However, the only nagging thing about them is the amount of personal data they collect to start their service. It appears that they ask for full address and even your mobile number for verfication purposes. It's NOT like I have anything to hide or wanting to use a vpn for illegal purposes but I find that a tad ironic.

Found another provider, IPVanish, getting good reviews. Anyone here use them?

Cheers,
B

You can try PIA. No revealing personal details needed. You can even pay with bitcoin if you want to be truly anonymous.
You can also customize your connection preferences for more speed and performance or higher security.

Ev0d3vil

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, which VPN is best for visits to China? Just want to access Fb and Twitter. Don't mind paying a bit.

uRiZEn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Those on Astrill. You guys noticed the best server to choose from using their speed test alway change?

chrs_tphr

Reaction score
I have been using Witopia for the past 3 years when I was in China. No issues for social media sites and good support.

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Purevpn also mah. Tried to sign up with the phone number verification but couldn't. In the end send scanned copy of nric.

i never had to do that

by the way anyone here is on MAC+Starhub+PureVPN
i keep getting issues PPP server not responding. any idea why?
i dingdong between ISP and VPN support liao damn sian.
scully is my router not stable lol

Last edited:

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I signed up for ipvanish's trial last month. Their usa server was quite fast. But there was a big issue with the geolocation of their servers. I connected to a few of their other servers and when i checked my ip, it wasn't that of the server's stated country. The geolocation was all messed up. Morever their vpn software was buggy and gave me lots of problems.

yes i trial with it for 3days
on windows crashed like hell
and geo location very screwed up, i think its their backend dns or smth
i use sg server, my location is usa :s22:
anyway i refunded my trial.

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

stiwipl

Reaction score
The thing is that there are many IPs that one site uses for their streaming. Here, filtering based on IPs is nearly impossible.

Have you tried Application filter on desktop app? Basically as a workaround, you can download a browser which you don't use, e.g. Opera and exclude it from routing via VPN.

xeelee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any vpn with china ip ? to use for pps and funshion... thanks!

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ipvanish now got promo, 49.99 for 1year instead of 77.99
only applies for 1year sub. offer expires 26 oct. code 4999

wind30

Reaction score
guys,

I am on Astrill and 200M singtel fibre plan.

How fast are your VPN speed in the speed test? I am getting only like 1000kBps?

I thought that is pretty slow...

jupiter12

Reaction score
Hi all

anyone knows whether we can ask for a refund of the remaining months from Aljazeera sports if we can't watch their stream?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.