Microsoft Surface

masotime

Master Member
Reaction score
For me IMO, if both budget and the lack of full fledged Windows apps aren't really a concern, it is still better to wait for the Surface (RT) 2.

The Tegra 4 processor should be better, and the screen is also much better (1920 x 1080 versus 1366 x 768).

Reaction score
For me IMO, if both budget and the lack of full fledged Windows apps aren't really a concern, it is still better to wait for the Surface (RT) 2.

The Tegra 4 processor should be better, and the screen is also much better (1920 x 1080 versus 1366 x 768).

Yeah it comes down to what one uses it for. If the apps (useful ones) store grows then this can only get better and with the above spec it'll be better and more integrated for those who use the MS ecosystem daily. I'm very reluctant to go Android/Apple for this reason.

sebastlim11

Reaction score
At least for me. I feel that surface is capable of giving iPad a run for its money. Surface is really productive especially with the Microsoft office.

miragez

Reaction score
The only thing I see MS has is its office, and expensive price tag on the RT which cannot run windows apps should have been removed from their product line. They so confidence in their app growth.... check out their history of product which they have introduce market store or app store... not much is fill in there that can be primary usage.

RT for games nah.... Pro for games nah... that is why Android/Apple is around to eat that sector as well.

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
screen protector, get from dx.com lah..

but, maybe this would be my device that I will not apply screen protector..

anyway, need help;

1) any free rmbv player to recommend?
if pay, which one is best? cannot find VLC..

2) how to connect my RT to my PC ? dunno what cable to use..
or the concept of using cable is a passe now? all via wireless ? (homesharing?)

3)

knave

Master Member
Reaction score
1) none in the windows store. If you're using RT, even more unlikely as someone needs to recode in ARM.

2) wireless/ethernet adapter - aka via network. Or use USB drive.

jtjagan

Reaction score
Wife's Surface RT refused to charge. Charger is ok so the problem is with the device. The online warranty service request site kept giving me an error. I requested for Surface agent to contact me. I got a call immediately from MS representative.

Explained the issue and gave my details. A courier will pick up the Surface and send me another one once they confirm the fault is not due to fraud, user damage, etc.

I will update once I finish the process. Do register the device and accessory online to see the warranty details and duration.

My wife loves the device but I am not too sure how good the QC is when this issue pops up after just a week of use!

watchlor

Reaction score
Wife's Surface RT refused to charge. Charger is ok so the problem is with the device. The online warranty service request site kept giving me an error. I requested for Surface agent to contact me. I got a call immediately from MS representative.

Explained the issue and gave my details. A courier will pick up the Surface and send me another one once they confirm the fault is not due to fraud, user damage, etc.

I will update once I finish the process. Do register the device and accessory online to see the warranty details and duration.

My wife loves the device but I am not too sure how good the QC is when this issue pops up after just a week of use!

Thanks for sharing :)

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1) none in the windows store. If you're using RT, even more unlikely as someone needs to recode in ARM.

found yxplayer..trial...play Rmbv...dunno when this free trial will end..haha

Kiddream

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi anyone of you have problem charging your RT? Mine has no light indicator after inserting the plug. Have to fiddle here and there for many times before I'm able to charge it. It's getting really annoying.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.