Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

andykoh1981

Banned
Reaction score
As above... looking into air conditioning 3 bedrooms and the living room.. my contractor quoted me $3.7k for a 4:1(2 compressors inside) toshiba system with inverter.

is it expensive?

any lobang/recommendations?

is daikin or mitsubishi better?

Toshiba is a food brand, the onlt model which comroessor is rorin Japan, however, blwoer is from Thialanfd'

Pros of Comdenser unit last you donkey years.
Fac-coil, always have a regular issue of the sensor not working. cost about 120 to replace.

Dun mind can give me a breakdown of the job scope aso i can ask me fren whats the correct charges for that? and what kind of combination are you looking at?

Regards\
Andy

andykoh1981

Banned
Reaction score
worksmanship warranty is 3 years.

In this case..what is a more reasonable price?

3years warranty? T&C serving done redulary by their team and you must buy their service contract if im not wrong. Have you goodled on the complaints of the company? There are some cheao ones,,, But my mindsed is when it comes to installation,if its a small comopany, it is worth spending 2-33$ Cheaper?

s016

Reaction score
For 1 room, there are 3 ways of installing an aircon.

1. Window aircon ( Square little box at the bottom of the room ) - Provided your room has that.

2. Casement aircon ( vertical units sitting on the window )

** To both the above, you cannot install this 2 if your room window is facing the corridor.

3. Single split wall mounted unit. ( Must have a space to put condenser units.[ Aircon Ledge/Bracket] and power point to install. )

If you already have a aircon condenser in place, you will need to check with HDB if you can install another aircon unit.

With regular servicing, an Aircon's lifespan is approx 8-10 years

Any recommendations for window Aircon?

dhc1980

Reaction score
Looks cheap! But end of the day, it is the installer... Find out more about their company. And true, dun take mide*.

bro,
any bad experience with mide*? looks cheap. i am considering as GC offering 5 years ex warranty--should cover everything right? so no fear? :s13:

taloon00

Reaction score
Hi, from what I know, Tioss Pte Ltd is quoting the same system at $3,699.

Hi

I have been quoted $3,900 for Mitsubishi Starmex Inverter Multi split R410 with Amarflex class 1..1/2 thickness insulation..16mm water pipe...3C70 wiring FCU to CU and 2.5mm wiring CU to power point.

MXY-4A28VA X 1
MSY-GE10VA X 3
MSY-GE18VA X 1

Is the price quoted reasonable?

Appreciate your advices.

Thank you.

skyskysky

Reaction score
bro,
any bad experience with mide*? looks cheap. i am considering as GC offering 5 years ex warranty--should cover everything right? so no fear? :s13:

When come to warranty please confirm what type of warranty can they provided. usually 5 yrs only cover compressor not PCB.and room FCU normally cover just 1yr.
come to installation usually after 1 yr they will not cover cable, leaking of drainage pipe and gas piping etc.
even everything covered but when problems surface the contractor will give reason and excuse to avoid the liability:s13:

mrairc

Reaction score
When come to warranty please confirm what type of warranty can they provided. usually 5 yrs only cover compressor not PCB.and room FCU normally cover just 1yr.
come to installation usually after 1 yr they will not cover cable, leaking of drainage pipe and gas piping etc.
even everything covered but when problems surface the contractor will give reason and excuse to avoid the liability:s13:
Some of the brand come with 5 year indoor and outdoor guaranteed . u can check in Saturday The straits times . This few month many discount in new A/C .

andykoh1981

Banned
Reaction score

Q
Bro. My fren side doing all tat for $3640

, neet price with 16mm drainge pipe, 1/2 incl class 1 armaflex 40/70 psb appr9vied wiring. Stainless steel brqcket optiona $130

andykoh1981

Banned
Reaction score
Some of the brand come with 5 year indoor and outdoor guaranteed . u can check in Saturday The straits times . This few month many discount in new A/C .

The warranty is true but terms and conditions still applies... if serviving is not done, tbey void the warranty. And u wan to pay 3.5 with the extra warranty or 2.9 without? Personall choice bro

andykoh1981

Banned
Reaction score

Warranty on fancoil:

Manufarturing defect or product faiks to work within warranty. No including flap. Of they go and say ur aircon how long never service, show then the receipt to prove. If not have = dun have

Compressor warranty: 5 years

Condenser is the whole unit which has motherboard and such built in. Pcb dies, compressor running = no warranty.

Hope this clarifies ur doubt

mrairc

Reaction score

Q

, neet price with 16mm drainge pipe, 1/2 incl class 1 armaflex 40/70 psb appr9vied wiring. Stainless steel brqcket optiona $130
taloon00 wrote:

Q

Last edited:

dhc1980

Reaction score
Warranty on fancoil:

Manufarturing defect or product faiks to work within warranty. No including flap. Of they go and say ur aircon how long never service, show then the receipt to prove. If not have = dun have

Compressor warranty: 5 years

Condenser is the whole unit which has motherboard and such built in. Pcb dies, compressor running = no warranty.

Hope this clarifies ur doubt

hmmm, l hvnt checked with GC.. but i heard other co hv such term & charge not cheap for regular servicing, like 350++ per year.

herman8210

Reaction score
Just install my ME SYS3 INVERTER. From Trend.. nice work. Hopefully theres no issue coz they run both pipe in 1/2inch armaflex.. are there any cons with this kind of installation coz my parent place runs single pipe in each armaflex.. i just realise once i saw the photos of my parents place

terumo

Reaction score
To herman8210,

Some companies practise running both pipes in one 1/2 insulation.
Should be ok.
Another better option is the discharge pipe in 3/8 and suction pipe in 1/2.
As condensation usually comes from suction pipes.

herman8210

Reaction score
To herman8210,

Some companies practise running both pipes in one 1/2 insulation.
Should be ok.
Another better option is the discharge pipe in 3/8 and suction pipe in 1/2.
As condensation usually comes from suction pipes.

hi terumo..thanks for the info.. my parents place runs both copper pipe individually on 1/4 armalex. so mine are good?? Hope it will last..anyway is it normal for the drainage plastic pipe to discharge water from the FCUs.???

kun1he2

Master Member
Reaction score
In a dilemma now - old Daikin System 3 outdoor unit got error H8, understand that it won't be worthwhile to repair as there are quite a number of possible reasons for this error.

The problem is that the old Daikin outdoor unit is only 790mm wide, and I can't seem to find any current models that can fit into this dimension. There's probably only an extra 5cm or so space on the aircon ledge.

Anyone knows of any suitable replacement R22 brand/model which is small in width?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.