The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any recommended cream or hair products for straightening guy's hair?

To straighten the hair, i dont think any products are that strong to chemically change the structural bonds of one's hair. To aid the straightening of the hair, yes. Moisturizing cream for hair styling or leave on conditioner should be able to help you if i am not wrong. Makes your hair stronger and enhance the straightening effects.

To make your hair straighten, either you go for rebonding or you use hair straightener to straighten it temporarily. :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After an extensive & totally non scientific range of testing with all kinds of quality & crappy shampoo, I can totally declare unsurprisingly that it plays a big part in determining how your hair looks after it is styled.

In short: don't skimp on shampoo, get kanebo/pote

These few sentences really just hit the spot, man. I really can't agree more with this. The importance of shampoo and hair care is often under estimated and it shouldn't be. It really pays to take good care of this apsect. :)

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
To straighten the hair, i dont think any products are that strong to chemically change the structural bonds of one's hair. To aid the straightening of the hair, yes. Moisturizing cream for hair styling or leave on conditioner should be able to help you if i am not wrong. Makes your hair stronger and enhance the straightening effects.

To make your hair straighten, either you go for rebonding or you use hair straightener to straighten it temporarily. :)
I think he meant straightening cream. Like a diy rebonding

solaryzed

Reaction score
Two options that you can look into:

#1: Conditioner
Conditioner can repair the hair by replenishing the lost proteins in the hair. Because it targets the cortex layer (main layer) of the hair, it does something that shampoo can't do for you. However, the downside for this is that the effects for conditioner is slower and it takes more time for it to show visible results. Of course, the good thing is that its cheaper. :)

Example: Kanebo Acidic Conditioner pH 4

#2: Hair Mask
Hair mask is introduced into the market as a stronger and more effective type of hair treatment product. Its also meant to totally displace the use of conditioner. Of course, the price for hair mask is steep but it shows great and visible results. Especially so if the subject is a female with long hair, it does wonders for the hair by getting rid of problems such as split ends, dry and damaged or even frizzy hair. It makes the hair silky smooth and light by adequate nourishing.

Example: Nigelle DS TF Treatment

Just a side note, if you're one who bleached or undergo potent chemical treatments, please remember to exercise post hair care to condition it. You will not regret if you pamper your hair. But if you ill treat it, its definitely coming back at you someday.

My friend introduced me to use Argan Oil, is that good stuff? I still have leftoever Nigelle DS TF Treatment from you which i bought in the past. And what do you mean post hair care? Not really a pro at this haha

ecan07

Reaction score
After an extensive & totally non scientific range of testing with all kinds of quality & crappy shampoo, I can totally declare unsurprisingly that it plays a big part in determining how your hair looks after it is styled.

In short: don't skimp on shampoo, get kanebo/pote

Using kanebo fr LJH bro, it's pretty good and the smell is nice!
Bt perhaps due to my fine hair and oily scalp, the nxt morning when I wake up, the hair tends to fall flat. It feels soft but just v hard to style without wetting my hair and drying again.
But of cos the usual routine with SSS will require me to wet my hair a little also just that if some days I'm really in a rush and can't spend too much time wetting and drying then it's quite tough

ecan07

Reaction score
haha i don't sell. Mass order! :s13:

there's a few
Gold Digger by Vilain (versatile and strong but tends to be heavy when overuse)
Nigelle Clay (Soft and Strong but not recommended for quiff, other hairstyle is awesome to use)
Hanz De Fuko Claymation (good for sculpting, strength wise i can't comment, never try before)
Uevo Grey wax (Tends to harden when dried)

Hmmm really keen to try something good on top of the wax (some Japan brand? Forgot the name haha) from bro LJH, need a bit more hold perhaps. Which one here is good ah

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My friend introduced me to use Argan Oil, is that good stuff? I still have leftoever Nigelle DS TF Treatment from you which i bought in the past. And what do you mean post hair care? Not really a pro at this haha

More information on Argan oil

"Argan oil is a great product to calm frizzy ends, add moisture to dry hair as well as add a little shine. Apply to your hair while it is still damp for an all over treatment or apply just to your dry ends after your hair is dry." from Argan Oil Benefits for Skin, Hair and Body

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmmm really keen to try something good on top of the wax (some Japan brand? Forgot the name haha) from bro LJH, need a bit more hold perhaps. Which one here is good ah

Hmm this one I leave to jh to answer. He may better insights for you

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi bros,

may i ask wat r the difference btw sponge n quicksand wax?

quicksand - dry and soft. on asian hair, might not work as well on its own.

spongewax - supposed to be strong hold with a little shine but the hold is kinda disappointing to me.

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
hi bros,

may i ask wat r the difference btw sponge n quicksand wax?

Short answer, everything.

Not so short answer, one is a wax with polymer, the other is a clay with sand. In this case wax and clay are the actual wax and clay, like beeswax and kaolin. And not random names that cosmetic companies anyhow wack to make u Cum in ur pants.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thx guys, wat do i need to apply 1st if i want to style my hair den i apply GD.

technically, you can use GD on its own.
but if you have quicksand or spongewax, you can try.
no need purposely go buy and try.

for me i have all, that's why i try playing around

quicksand + GD is slight stronger because quicksand dries up the hair at first, then GD will keep the hold in place

spongewax + GD, will create more shine because both are wax. hold wise, with GD in place, sure good hold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.