The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Gonna wait for the renati rock hard and claymation for review. Now got 3 pending review. Lol.

kaikaibird

Reaction score
hey does gold digger wax make your hair hard and stiff?? dont like it when it does that.

And is sea salt spray good for volumizing? havent tried it before

hofstadter

Reaction score
Hey guys, have any of you tried cutting your hair at both Haar Attic (Max) & La coco (joel) & can do a comparison? Can't make up my mind on where to try next... Thanks!

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
hey does gold digger wax make your hair hard and stiff?? dont like it when it does that.

And is sea salt spray good for volumizing? havent tried it before
no it doesnt! forever can adjust one.

havent had success with using it for volumizing, but more than a few bros here have had success with that, and swear by it. u take away their sss, they set fire to the rain liao

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no it doesnt! forever can adjust one.

havent had success with using it for volumizing, but more than a few bros here have had success with that, and swear by it. u take away their sss, they set fire to the rain liao

Haha I swear by SSS for volume.

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, have any of you tried cutting your hair at both Haar Attic (Max) & La coco (joel) & can do a comparison? Can't make up my mind on where to try next... Thanks!

To be honest. Even I strongly recommend la coco then you go try it and find it unsatisfied. Then no point? Best is you try both and see which stylist allocated to you is suitable for you.

jahredwee

Reaction score
Bro gaoxing and all the others should do a hair tutorial for us newbies to see how to spray SSS, the amount of GD needed and etc etc haha. A Singapore channel for hair!

kampong boi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I used to cut at LaCoco when Shua and/or Sandra was around and currently I am cutting at HaarAttic with Max.

firstly, it depends on what you want? you like a korean or western hairstyle? even though it is not cast in a stone, but surely La Coco is better in korean cuts, while Max is better in non-korean/jap look.

secondly, the price: $50 to $38. again it depends on individual's budget. maybe if I have more spending power I will go to la coco.

as for down to individual skills, Shua, now at Koinonia, her skills is on par with, if not better, than Max imo. both are detailed, explain to you about your hair, if you can cut this hairstyle, face shape etc. rarely use the shaver unless it is the part near your ears or side burns.

the wash, not so important, but in Lacoco they usually pass it to the washer to do it. Max does it all himself.

Andy0601a

Master Member
Reaction score
Did i see wrongly? 100ml for $29 bucks. Thats real expensive bro. Goldwell is a big brand but I never mamage to try this out before though. Perhaps its really very good but i cant really visualize how amazing this hair spray is yet. Because any decent hairspray will be able to hold and fix your hairshape with proper control as well as allowing one to inherit restyling ability. Except for hairsprays that really freezes the hair, any decent quality hair sprays is able to do the job just as well.

This gives me an opportunity to bring up PP hair spray actually which really goes close to the description but its 400ml at almost half the price.

Hey leejhong,

this is a styling paste, not an hairspray.

Cheers!

hofstadter

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys! I guess I'll try both & see which one suits me better. Will start with Max though since I'm not looking for a Korean hairstyle. Btw, a haircut by max is $38? I thought I saw that it was $45 on their website.

Tudo88

Reaction score
Care to share how many types of shampoo does one own?I am currently only using kanebo and getting carbolic from ljh next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.