Singapore Digital TV discussion thread - all related talk, please post here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uraku Asia

Reaction score
I concur with u the different in Dvb-t2 version do matter.
Can you share where u got ur and its model.. does it come with pvr feature.

Yes, my T2 model come with PVR feature. Can direct record TV program into a USB device.

My DVB-T2 set top box is designed by FD Digital. It currently only for testing purpose.

pjs

Reaction score

morgankell

Reaction score
dear bros,
I decided to mail haupaugge technical support to see if any insight into the nanostick t2 possible incompatibility with the singapore dvb-t2 signal. In any case Im using a htpc so I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a usb tv stick that confirm works with our local system.

zenoboy1

Reaction score
My TV is model LA690T from LG with built-in DVB-T2 tuner so I just need to get a digital antenna. I am using the Daiyo brand HD Digital Indoor Antenna EU1702 bought from Courts. You can search for it in Courts website. I am able to receive DVB-T2 broadcasts clearly using the antenna.

I ran an auto-scan on my TV settings and it could pick up all the MediaCorp digital channels. You have to move the antenna around to see which location can receive the best signals.

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score
Possibly for European market eg Denmark which, I believe, is adopting similar std to sg.
http://levira.tv/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Kenneth-Wenzel.pdf
I would think so. Euro countries were the early adopters of DVB. So the use of SCART as interconnect between various devices is only logical. I was thinking by now the stb makers should be thinking of replacement market where the SCART devices are due for replacement, unless the mandatory requirement of SCART is not amended.

Thanks for the link. For the laymen which had the impression that all dvb-t2 are the same, allow me to quote:

This feature {scramble the L1_POST signaling} was not included in versions prior to DVB-T2 version 1.3.1.

This new feature is mandatory in e.g. Singapore and Uganda minimum requirements for DVB-T2 set top boxes

Uraku Asia

Reaction score
My TV is model LA690T from LG with built-in DVB-T2 tuner so I just need to get a digital antenna. I am using the Daiyo brand HD Digital Indoor Antenna EU1702 bought from Courts. You can search for it in Courts website. I am able to receive DVB-T2 broadcasts clearly using the antenna.

I ran an auto-scan on my TV settings and it could pick up all the MediaCorp digital channels. You have to move the antenna around to see which location can receive the best signals.

To check your TV does it support local DVB-T2 standard, you can refer to MDA website.

http://www.mda.gov.sg/PUBLIC/DIGITALTV/Pages/DVBT2SSRReceiver.aspx

http://www.mda.gov.sg/PUBLIC/DIGITALTV/Pages/DVBT2StereoReceiver.aspx

yiyiday

Reaction score
Distance: 13km North from Woodlands
Device: DVB-T2 Set top box
Signal Quality: DVB-T (4 channels) -- 93%

DVB-T2 (7 channels) -- 100% :s12:

Last edited:

SilveR1_09

Reaction score
Signal Quality: DVB-T -- 93%
DVB-T2 -- 100% :s12:

Nice!
Any DVB-T/DVB-T2 channels transmitting for the 6 Malaysian FTA channels from Gunung Pulai?

yiyiday

Reaction score
I would like to post the picture but as a newbie it was not allowed? how many do i need to post a picture link?

SilveR1_09

Reaction score
None from Malaysia FTA :mad:

Picture from @yiyiday:
DVB-T2_zps28849134.jpg

Heard one or two things about their rollout but as you know, their timeline "boleh" shift all over the house one. Haha.

How about any from Batam?
I know their DVB-T2 signals are live right now.
I can't receive any though.

Last edited:

pjs

Reaction score

Hi

May I know details of the set top box u used?

Tks.

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score

You received these stations from Woodlands or JB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.