Digital TV (DVB T2) in Singapore [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

mingfreakrsx

Reaction score
FM / TV point

Hi may I ask the pros' here whether the TV/FM TV Antenna point(not those StarHub SCV point) can receive DVB-T2 signals directly by connecting coaxial cable to TV? TV connected to this point could watch SG, MY and IND channel shows too. Would like to know more! :-D

merc

Reaction score
1180iev.jpg

Bought this to try... Sounds seems louder... Will do a better review later.. The owner of the hand is watching "totoro" right now...

Planning to get this for my LG LA623T also. Awaiting for your review.

edwinz

Reaction score
Hi may I ask the pros' here whether the TV/FM TV Antenna point(not those StarHub SCV point) can receive DVB-T2 signals directly by connecting coaxial cable to TV? TV connected to this point could watch SG, MY and IND channel shows too. Would like to know more! :-D

Very dependent on what your town council/renovator did for your connections. Is the box converted to Svc point. If not, if the main outside connected to Svc or still connected to main antenna. Actually, any "air" antenna can receive. Just need a dvb-T2 decoder

edwinz

Reaction score
Planning to get this for my LG LA623T also. Awaiting for your review.

Visually I feel no diff from connecting to my window grill, however I feel there is surround sound now. My window grill fix also will be unstable from time to time.

Not bad.. But cost me $60.

Last edited:

mingfreakrsx

Reaction score
Very dependent on what your town council/renovator did for your connections. Is the box converted to Svc point. If not, if the main outside connected to Svc or still connected to main antenna. Actually, any "air" antenna can receive. Just need a dvb-T2 decoder
It hasn't converted to SCV point but I believe its connected to the HDB block main antenna. But my living room and my parent's room has the StarHub SCV point(connected to main outside). The FM/TV point can receive all Malaysia terrestrial television channels and Indonesia RCTI and SCTV. Would like to post a pic of the point but cant since I just joined:(

Last edited:

merc

Reaction score
Visually I feel no diff from connecting to my window grill, however I feel there is surround sound now. My window grill fix also will be unstable from time to time.

Not bad.. But cost me $60.

Think will get one tomorrow, as this is the only one in the market now that have DVB-T2.

:s13::s13::s13:

edwinz

Reaction score
It hasn't converted to SCV point but I believe its connected to the HDB block main antenna. But my living room and my parent's room has the StarHub SCV point(connected to main outside). The FM/TV point can receive all Malaysia terrestrial television channels and Indonesia RCTI and SCTV. Would like to post a pic of the point but cant since I just joined:(

Then the only way to know is to get a dvb t2 tv or decoder. The Malaysian/Indonesian channels are a positive indicator to me...

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score
Answers in posts #2 and #27.

If still need to post pic, just show the url of your pic.

oric1

Reaction score
oric1 wrote:

Thanks SilveR.

Since my TV has DVB-T2 / C, I was able to get #1 but not the HD5 on #2(a) I tested between 9pm to 11pm.

Kiwi8 mentioned that HD5 on DVB-C has raw frequency of 370000KHz.
Perhaps you could try manual tune your digital tuner to that frequency and see if HD5 comes alive.

Just a quick question, are you connecting direct to the TV from the SCV socket? Or using a splitter in between?

I tried 370000KHz just now but no HD5, no signal :(

Yes, I'm connecting the cable direct to the SCV socket and no splitter.

Any recommendation for a good powered antenna?

stamina

Reaction score
My mums old flat have the hdb master rooftop antenna point as well as the scv point, both points at living room. Her tv is the dvb-t2 LG LA6690T. She luvs to watch TV1(only provided by scv) but also the indonesian channels and tv3(only provided by hdb rooftop antenna).currently, when i switch cables between scv point and rooftop antenna point to tv,everytime i have to rescan the channels as the tv doesnt restore them. Is there a switch gadget to be placed beside the tv, where one side of the gadget has one output to the tv, and the other side has two inputs from the scv point and rooftop antenna point, so that my mum can easily switch between scv and rooftop antenna without having to rescan everytime? Need your expert advise what this gadget is called exactly. I tried buying this chepo $2.50 switch (video<>antenna) but doesnt work. Is there a switch something like (scv<>antenna)outthere? I tried to find but cant find.

Last edited:

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
My mums old flat have the hdb master rooftop antenna point as well as the scv point, both points at living room. Her tv is the dvb-t2 LG LA6690T. She luvs to watch TV1(only provided by scv) but also the indonesian channels and tv3(only provided by hdb rooftop antenna).currently, when i switch cables between scv point and rooftop antenna point to tv,everytime i have to rescan the channels as the tv doesnt restore them. Is there a switch gadget to be placed beside the tv, where one side of the gadget has one output to the tv, and the other side has two inputs from the scv point and rooftop antenna point, so that my mum can easily switch between scv and rooftop antenna without having to rescan everytime? Need your expert advise what this gadget is called exactly. I tried buying this chepo $2.50 switch (video<>antenna) but doesnt work. Is there a switch something like (scv<>antenna)outthere? I tried to find but cant find.

Before u buy anything, u first have to find out when the TV loses the scan.

Does it lose the scan when u remove the cable from the TV, or it simply lose the scan as long as the signal as changed despite the cable not removed?

If it's the latter, then even a antenna switch will not work, but if it's the former, u can probably buy an antenna switch that is continously plugged into the TV and connect the SCV and HDB antennas to that switch.

stamina

Reaction score
Before u buy anything, u first have to find out when the TV loses the scan.

Does it lose the scan when u remove the cable from the TV, or it simply lose the scan as long as the signal as changed despite the cable not removed?

If it's the latter, then even a antenna switch will not work, but if it's the former, u can probably buy an antenna switch that is continously plugged into the TV and connect the SCV and HDB antennas to that switch.
sorry dont quite understand ur question"simply lose the scan as long as the signal as changed despite the cable not removed?".lets say if now i plug rooftop cable to tv, i auto tuning, it will detect the channels. Then when I plug out rooftop and plug in scv, the rooftop channels on the tv still appears but of course cannot watch because now different source.so when i plug out that scv and plug in back the rooftop, i can still watch as usual just like the first time i autotuned.vice versa if i originaly autotune scv. So how?

Last edited:

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
sorry dont quite understand ur question"simply lose the scan as long as the signal as changed despite the cable not removed?".lets say if now i plug rooftop cable to tv, i auto tuning, it will detect the channels. Then when I plug out rooftop and plug in scv, the rooftop channels on the tv still appears but of course cannot watch because now different source.so when i plug out that scv and plug in back the rooftop, i can still watch as usual just like the first time i autotuned.vice versa if i originaly autotune scv. So how?

In that case u probably didn't save the signals once autotuned? Try to avoid autotuning, and use manual tuning instead for both sets of signals and save the tuned signals into channels.

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Stupid question, if you are a Starhub cable subscriber, you dont need a TV with T2 compatibility?

stamina

Reaction score
In that case u probably didn't save the signals once autotuned? Try to avoid autotuning, and use manual tuning instead for both sets of signals and save the tuned signals into channels.
if i do this, then how should the connection behind the tv is like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.