Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

agony2

Reaction score
overwhelmed by information...

Reaching Tokyo on 8 March morning and departing osaka on 17 March. A couple of questions:

Tokyo (5 nights?)
- will plum blossom still be around when I reach tokyo? Do I go ueno park to see them?
- Planning to stay at this hostel: :KABUKI ? Khaosan Tokyo Guest House Hostel I noticed it's really far from Shinjuku/harajuku/shibuya. Do you recommend that I seek out anther accommodation in Shinjuku?
- Is one day for Shinjuku/harajuku/shibuya enough?
- I want to catch the fish auction. is cab rides the only option to get there at 4am?
- What should I do after my morning trip from Tsukiji Market? Can I buy seaweed, wasabi nuts snacks from there?
- is there anything to do nearby tokyo tower?
- how do I buy tickets for Ghibi Musemum?
- Is there any one piece attraction that I can visit?
- do they provide plastic bags when for shopping? Or do we need to bring own recycle bags
- Is trash bin really non existence?

Hakone/Mt Fuji/Kawaguchi
- is march a good period to go see mt fuji? quite confused here.

Kyoto (2 night)
- Is it easy to lug a suitcase around? I do not have a backpack.
- Are you only able to eat Kaiseki in Ryokan? :s11:

Kobe (0.5 day)
- Planning a lunch trip to Kobe. Anyone ate Kobe beef at Kobe before? Is it worth going to those famous restaurant (steakhouse etc) there to try? Or any random restaurant is ok too?
- any other thing to do there? Will only be there from morning to lunch

Osaka (2 night)
- can you purchase that tokyo banana thing in Osaka? Is it nice to eat??? Any other snacks that I should look out for?
- Is shopping cheaper in Osaka than say in Shinjuku/harajuku?
- Not quite sure what to do in Osaka apart from visting Osaka Castle and praying that sakura blooms early...
- is hotel kinki a good hotel?

random
how many bottles of sake can i buy back?

Last edited:

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Reaching Tokyo on 8 March morning and departing osaka on 17 March. A couple of questions:

Tokyo (5 nights?)
- will plum blossom still be around when I reach tokyo? Do I go ueno park to see them?
- Planning to stay at this hostel: :KABUKI ? Khaosan Tokyo Guest House Hostel I noticed it's really far from Shinjuku/harajuku/shibuya. Do you recommend that I seek out anther accommodation in Shinjuku?
- I want to catch the fish auction. is cab rides the only option to get there at 4am?
- What should I do after my morning trip from Tsukiji Market? Can I buy seaweed, wasabi nuts snacks from there?
- do they provide plastic bags when for shopping? Or do we need to bring own recycle bags

Hakone/Mt Fuji/Kawaguchi

Kyoto (2 night)

Kobe (0.5 day)
- Planning a lunch trip to Kobe. Anyone ate Kobe beef at Kobe before? Is it worth going to those famous restaurant (steakhouse etc) there to try? Or any random restaurant is ok too?

Osaka (2 night)
- can you purchase that tokyo banana thing in Osaka? Is it nice to eat??? Any other snacks that I should look out for?
- Not quite sure what to do in Osaka apart from visting Osaka Castle and praying that sakura blooms early...

random

Sake 2 litres max + 1 litre of beer

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dont let them catch. Recently they quite stringent on this... u declare to them, then they will take... they open ur luggage, they will take also... :p

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Tokyo (5 nights?)
8th March may not have blossomed at Tokyo since it does not warm up over there so soon... Sakura bloom in a particular temperature range.

How many people? You can consider Palace Japan as well. It is a short walk from Minami Senju stn. Accommodations in Shinjuku would mostly be expensive. As you are looking at a Khaosan hostel, I reckon you looking for under 4k a night places.

All 3 Shinjuku/Harajuku/Shibuya?? Might be a little tough, depends on how much you like the stuff the shops have in each area.

Tsujiki Auctions, you would probably save more by spending the nite at a Mangacafe nearby (not to mention it is an "experience").

EAT!! There is lots of good food (sushi especially) at Tsujiki market area. My personal advice would be to buy whatever you really fancy as long as you are within your weight limits for luggage and budget. Not everything can be bought somewhere else. Most and I stress MOST okashi can be found at Ameyoko's niki no kashi cheaply.

There is a temple nearby Tokyo Tower.

I recall is from convi store....

One Piece stuff I last know of not in Tokyo city limits

They give plastic bags if it is needed, depends on the department store they might charge. Bring a couple of your own bags wun hurt.

Not as many trash bins as here. Note that trash needs to separated in Japan.

Hakone/Mt Fuji/Kawaguchi

Kyoto (2 night)

Kobe (0.5 day)

Osaka (2 night)

random

March is good! No problems.... maybe slight concern of rain :s13:

Where is your planned accommodations are in Kyoto? Do they have pickup service?
Ryokans serve dinner as a set but I do not think it is kaiseki for most ryokans. It is a normal washouku set.

I would say DON'T eat Kobe beef for it's sake. Just look for "和牛" (wagyu) places within your budget. I know of a place in Shinjuku where a foodcourt (but extremely gaijin unfrenly) has good wagyu burger steaks.

Tokyo banana, available at Tokyo station to cover the different flavours. I do not fancy it but it is pretty nice.
There are few places to do sight seeing in Osaka besides Osaka Castle.

nposix

Reaction score
Legoland is in Decks, which is near Odaiba Kaihinkoen station.
take JR Yamanote line to Shimbashi station. then take Yurikamome line to Odaiba Kaihinkoen station.

alternatively, u can to go Tokyo Teleport station, which is slightly further away from Decks, but the train ride is faster.
from shinjuku, take the JR Saikyo line to Osaki station then change to Rinkai line to Tokyo Teleport station
Tokyo Travel: Odaiba (Daiba)

Rinkai line is underground while Yurikamome line is aboveground, going over the rainbow bridge. so if u wan a bit of sightseeing on the train, go for Yurikamome line

Thanks, will take the Yurikamome line for the sight. :)

nonpareil

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm planning a trip to Tokyo during the CNY period, so for my itinerary I was wondering is there a resort near tokyo which is accessible for a short day trip?

nonpareil

Reaction score
Sorry wasn't specific in my question, was wondering if there was a snow resort near tokyo for a short day ski trip?

dakboyan

Reaction score
Sorry wasn't specific in my question, was wondering if there was a snow resort near tokyo for a short day ski trip?

The nearest and most accessible i think should be Yuzawa (Yuzawa Travel Guide) bout 2 hrs from Japan. The next nearest but no so directly accessible i should think would be Snow Town Yeti at the base of Mt Fuji.

But do check if they are already open though.

dakboyan

Reaction score
any ski school to recommend for niseko?

I just came back from there! Stayed at the Hilton so i used the classes run by the Niseko Village Ski School. Very friendly and accommodating instructors. There were some Canadians, Australians and American instructors so language won't be a problem.

nonpareil

Reaction score
The nearest and most accessible i think should be Yuzawa (Yuzawa Travel Guide) bout 2 hrs from Japan. The next nearest but no so directly accessible i should think would be Snow Town Yeti at the base of Mt Fuji.

But do check if they are already open though.

Thanks for the info, will check the guide out! Much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.