The Hair Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the os sss imho should not be used excessively with permed hair ...os sss dries up the hair fast on top of the permed hair ( permed hair texture is aready quite dryed up , thats where hair serum is needed haha) If you use a wax ( most wax imo is dry ) on top of it , then good luck.

ang mo hair texture is different from asian ( ang mo hair being softer , and asian being thick and rough ) , so do use the os sss adequately.:)

Once you permed the hair, u dont have to use too much of SSS actually. Reduce the usage by about 50% and you should achieve even greater volume with it. Independently, permed hair alone already gives you more volume already.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Recently jus got quicksand to try. Actually quite like it as an initiating wax, esp on days when I'm lazy to wash and use sss. It gives considerable volume when used. Then I finish off with a bit more 90 degrees. Works well for me.
But hor, recently went to my stylist at vim. He warned against using wax with sandy texture cos he said unlike SSS these particles cld melt and end up clogging the hair pores o_O!
Any bros heard the same thing before or felt the effect?

I dont have the scientific proof for this but i myself dont like QS. Afterall, there cant be 1 product that satisfies everyone too. :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone interested in claymation can PM me. Has one brand new ready to let go.

Btw, I just bought SSS from TPJ. any tips on how to style with it? Cheers

Styling with SSS is easy if you want to do a tousled look. It lies solely on blow drying and doesn't require much trick actually. IMO, try to complement SSS with a styling product (wax/clay) so that more refined texture and holding power can be created. :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
a couple of stylist told me to 电头发 cause they say my hair abit flat :s13:

电头发 in english is call what ah ? I prefer to do it at my usual salon, dont know how to tell them :o

and usually the style will last how long ?

Like many of the bros mentioned, its called perming. Usually, it lasts for 3 - 4 months or so. If you dont cut then it will just be there. :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just got my SSS from TPJ. very nice packing along with greeting card for xmas. really noe how to do business, also plus a sample of kanebo shampoo. smells really good.

Thanks for ur kind words and glad its of use to you too! :)

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes hair powder can be an alternative to SSS for creating volume. Powder's holding power is better than SSS actually. However, i personally feel that it can be harder to use though. It might be different for some. :)
To add on in reply to dnd bro, I think OS hold strength almost Max out for those in its class le sia. Tried like 5 others, cmi

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what do you mean? of course if I shower at the end of the day will shampoo + conditioner. what I mean is when initially you wet your whole body with water, the wax does not come out as easily as other wax. need to do some scrubbing or massage before it feels like the product is worn off or "clean"

I ever tried one wax or clay, must shampoo 2x then can feel "clean". 1st time shampoo like no foam in the hair :( must wash off then shampoo again.

or did I use too much GD? :s11:

Actually GD is very washable IMO. Personally, only two products - SSS and 90degrees wax, that i used so far are more washable than GD. At the end of the day, i think GD might not be the champion on washability but definitely an all-rounded one.

kampong boi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually GD is very washable IMO. Personally, only two products - SSS and 90degrees wax, that i used so far are more washable than GD. At the end of the day, i think GD might not be the champion on washability but definitely an all-rounded one.

yes it is still washable by water. just saying that there are other products that I have used that are easier to be washed off.

another way indicator that I see how easily it wash off is when I wash my hands after putting the product. usually don't need soap and your hands will feel clean means the product is relatively easy to wash off, but if it feels sticky or not clean and must use soap then same goes for the hair. :/

prozaizxc

Reaction score
How do y'all feel clean after washing away GD with just water?! :s11: Even after shampooing once with a l'oreal shampoo i was using previously did not get it off.Only with shampooing with kanebo i feel the GD is washed away although not extremely gone unlike with deep cleansing shampoo but like 95% washed off. The way i check whether wax is still on is standing under the shower head and using my hands to grab some hair on the crown and spike it up and under the running water if the hair immediately falls down into loose, unclumped hair is it truly washed off. With GD and only water wash, the hair still stands for like 5 seconds under the running water. I feel that GD is quite hard to wash off eh? I've used other salon sold waxes but they didn't really need more than 1 wash with my L'oreal shampoo. Only gatsby needed like 3 LOL.

Only with sponge wax did i truly feel water was able to wash off the product but even then shampooing only really got rid of it.

netzach

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Everyday I will rush home cos of Kanebo shampoo.
True story

tumblr_inline_mnozwzjvJL1qbiocu.gif

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Here's a quick update for you guys! Although X'Mas is not officially here yet, i believe most of the guys got what they want for their loved ones for this festive season alr. Power Point hair spray and EBL Hair clay are totally out of stock right now and i am left with 3 bottles of Kanebo Shampoo right now. New stocks will be arriving next year! Cheers! :D

jahredwee

Reaction score
Here's a quick update for you guys! Although X'Mas is not officially here yet, i believe most of the guys got what they want for their loved ones for this festive season alr. Power Point hair spray and EBL Hair clay are totally out of stock right now and i am left with 3 bottles of Kanebo Shampoo right now. New stocks will be arriving next year! Cheers! :D

Luckily I got kanebo alr! But haven start to use it

IntimacyR

Reaction score

Where can I self-collect if I wanna get the shampoo?

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
How do y'all feel clean after washing away GD with just water?! :s11: Even after shampooing once with a l'oreal shampoo i was using previously did not get it off.Only with shampooing with kanebo i feel the GD is washed away although not extremely gone unlike with deep cleansing shampoo but like 95% washed off. The way i check whether wax is still on is standing under the shower head and using my hands to grab some hair on the crown and spike it up and under the running water if the hair immediately falls down into loose, unclumped hair is it truly washed off. With GD and only water wash, the hair still stands for like 5 seconds under the running water. I feel that GD is quite hard to wash off eh? I've used other salon sold waxes but they didn't really need more than 1 wash with my L'oreal shampoo. Only gatsby needed like 3 LOL.

Only with sponge wax did i truly feel water was able to wash off the product but even then shampooing only really got rid of it.
Haha yea. Only gd plus aerate then can use water wash off. Gd alone confirm cannot. Actually a plus point for me. Sweaty and all wun be rinsed off.

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Seems like alot of you wash your hair with water only after applications of everything.

Ifritus

Banned
Reaction score
hi leejhong, if i were to order pp
spray now, when's the estimated time i would receive it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.