Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garlic & Butter

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi all, a quick question,
do we need a "Securities Settlement Account" for SGD trades? or will the e-Saver account suffice?

antro65

Reaction score
You will need the "Securities Settlement Account" for Trading.
Cannot direct deposit, so need Esaver or BonusSaver to transfer
money in and out of that account.

ramdick

Master Member
Reaction score
Another day- another fail by SC

The entire OTP system is down.

I cant login to the online trading platform.

I have a number of positions on- and need to adjust.

There system is so unreliable.. Anyone considering beware.. This is the 3rd time in the last couple of months I've been locked out for an indefinite amount of time during a trading day.

DId you try login from another system? Maybe your computer issue?

lzr1984

Master Member
Reaction score
Took a look at the application form and 1c really puzzles me.

Do I just admit I have not traded six times?

Or should I just write in the two ETFs, Bonds Fund, and three other blue chip?

Will they check? Does it even matter?

If I had traded six times already why would I even want to hop to SCB?

anybody manage to open an account if answer is all No for CAR?
or bluff them I got experience, will they check it?

ThinkPad70

Reaction score
I have my US shares with UOB Kay Hian, how to transfer to SCB? any cost involved?

Kindly advise and thanks.

cooltrick

Master Member
Reaction score
Am I right to say that I need to top up my securities settlement account before any buying of stocks can be done?

Do I need to transfer any fund to securities trading account too?

TIA

stresskiddo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I left the last 6 trades blank...they approved my application.

Still give me Fairprice $20 voucher :s13:

just tried opening a trading account, didn't have enough trades and the SCB staff didn't even want to process my application. Bo pian have to make more trade transactions and go back to apply again. The staff told me its $10.70 per stock counter for transfer from CDP to SCB (paid to CDP) , not totally free like what the others mentioned here.

Which branch did you guys go ? How come my experience so different.. Or its maybe its just because I don't look rich :(:(:(

cmanz81

Reaction score
just tried opening a trading account, didn't have enough trades and the SCB staff didn't even want to process my application. Bo pian have to make more trade transactions and go back to apply again. The staff told me its $10.70 per stock counter for transfer from CDP to SCB (paid to CDP) , not totally free like what the others mentioned here.

Which branch did you guys go ? How come my experience so different.. Or its maybe its just because I don't look rich :(:(:(

Some branches have promotions. For eg right now the JEM branch gives away $20 Taka voucher for signing up at their branch.

cmanz81

Reaction score
any website link i can check for the promotions ? JEM is too far from my home !

Im not aware of such a website. Happened to know of the JEM promotion when I brought my brother there to open an account. They were even giving out krispy kreme donuts.

sandwich

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

they said that to me too... so i walked over to UOB to open UOBKH accnt :o

n1ef5ng

Reaction score
How long it take for SC to cash in the dividend? My dividend from singtel is still not shown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.