Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joevyis

Reaction score
Nobody mention hitachi? My fren jus got his BTO, got a relative in hitachi and say can get good pricing. So to mention here that hitachi aint the best among Pana, ME and Tos?

HITACHI - Energy efficient are designed to reduce both purchasing and running costs wherever possible. Outdoor units can be supplied and installed at a fraction of the costs of conventional VRF air con units.

Btw, fewer people choose this brand as YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.

Joevyis
~9237_7322~

gentoro

Master Member
Reaction score
HITACHI - Energy efficient are designed to reduce both purchasing and running costs wherever possible. Outdoor units can be supplied and installed at a fraction of the costs of conventional VRF air con units.

Btw, fewer people choose this brand as YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.

Joevyis
~9237_7322~

Understood. Its not like everyday we buy hp/tablet and getting tons of reviews/costing. Thanks. I will take note. So far I choose my Tos cos my in-law Tos is still running fairly well for 12yrs at least. Most exp among ME, Pana. :D

lipo99

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I also curious about this? Can someone enlightened us about this?

The coolserve guy told me not true on this. Actually I realise it is not true as running the aircon at 20degree is different than running it at 30degree. That y gov recommend we run at 25 degree

mrairc

Reaction score
Be a honest Man :)

I use my air con 6pm to next days 9 am ( high usage ? ) but I also didn't chemical cleaning my A/c every year ( done in every 3 year ) . if u keep chemical cleaning your A/c not more then 3-4 year you air con cooling coil were be corroded . I not a rich man son don't change my A/c every 5 year . Every 4-6 month serving is important .
all my cus also didnt chance this a/c every 5 year but they are rich man

No offence to any air con company in here
just want to share my experience and help u saving money

HeeroYuy84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what is the most energy saving and easy to clean for a system 3 now? intend to install 2 bedroom and 1 living room

hopinj

Reaction score
what brand and what to check before buying?

im looking for a sys 4 for 3 rms and 1 hall...1st time buying aircon...

need advice on what to look out for...

looking at the layout of the current aircon, the piping of 1 of the rms went thru the storeroom

i went 2 mega stores and non recommended Mitsubishi...why?

1. best, recommended panasonic
2. courts, recommended fujitsu and free 4 yrs warranty on installation

which is better?

lifeishard

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

looking at the layout of the current aircon, the piping of 1 of the rms went thru the storeroom

which is better?

some recommendations are biased,especially coming out from those you are buying from. because those they recommend give them the highest margin.

i think i'm safe to say now the recommended inverted brands in sg are daikin and mitsubishi electric starmex. i'm using panasonic for about 4yrs+,only servicing once or twice...so i think panasonic is also ok.

workmanship is impt as well,they must use thicker piping for 401a refrigerant else any inverter brand u buy also spoil easily.

Joevyis^^

Reaction score

which is better?

For your info, Panasonic & Mitsubishi will be the best.
But if compare between Fujitsu and Panasonic, prefer Panasonic.

evoram

Master Member
Reaction score

which is better?
their profit margin on Mitsubishi is pretty low which is why they do not recommend Mitsubishi. personally using mitsubishi starmex inverter, awesome aircon. using for 6 months plus no servicing was needed. You also need to get good installers who do a really good job with good materials. This will ensure aircon does not leak :)

hopinj

Reaction score
their profit margin on Mitsubishi is pretty low which is why they do not recommend Mitsubishi. personally using mitsubishi starmex inverter, awesome aircon. using for 6 months plus no servicing was needed. You also need to get good installers who do a really good job with good materials. This will ensure aircon does not leak :)

any recommendation on the installer? best says they hv in house installer...which sounds beta than courts' sub con...

hopinj

Reaction score
For your info, Panasonic & Mitsubishi will be the best.
But if compare between Fujitsu and Panasonic, prefer Panasonic.

thanks for the info...prefers panasonic due to:
- econavi function...wonders if it really helps to save power consumption and
- the air vending flips...single flip...cos used dakin b4 and the 2 flips got spoilt...

hopinj

Reaction score
some recommendations are biased,especially coming out from those you are buying from. because those they recommend give them the highest margin.

i think i'm safe to say now the recommended inverted brands in sg are daikin and mitsubishi electric starmex. i'm using panasonic for about 4yrs+,only servicing once or twice...so i think panasonic is also ok.

workmanship is impt as well,they must use thicker piping for 401a refrigerant else any inverter brand u buy also spoil easily.

"thicker piping for 401a refrigerant" does it means 0.5" pipe? thk i saw something at best that it costs more for thicker pipes...

Joevyis^^

Reaction score
any recommendation on the installer? best says they hv in house installer...which sounds beta than courts' sub con...

For your information, Best Denki & Courts almost have the same installer.
First, they will assign to contractor if there any installation and then contractor will pass it to sub-contractor as well.. or maybe there is a few contractor to pass yet. That's the reason installation charges increased. But not so sure for their reliability.

Joevyis^^

Reaction score
thanks for the info...prefers panasonic due to:
- econavi function...wonders if it really helps to save power consumption and
- the air vending flips...single flip...cos used dakin b4 and the 2 flips got spoilt...

Yes, electricity saving for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.