-=OFFICIAL=- EDMW PHOTOGRAPHY CLUB - - - Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The one in Funan is okay leh, bought my camera bag from them before. The service is average but at least the auntie gave me a small discount for it :s22:

The shop I would rate with bad service is TKFoto, not sure if they have improved over the months, but all the youngsters down there won't even want to entertain you.
TK only got 0 youngsters... all above 30s... which youngster you talking about?

MarkersNg

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm... In terms of service moi thinks John comes first, but only the boss. Gave me a better price for my stuff and great service. His employees all ish CMI service huan, all follow the severely marked up price list :s22:

After that followed by Cathay.

Last edited:

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm... In terms of service moi thinks John comes first, but only the boss. Gave me a better price for my stuff and great service. His employees all ish CMI service huan, all follow the severely marked up price list :s22:

J316 boss is ok..., always waves to me when I pass by, very friendly, downside is they are not authorised dealers for the equipment(s) but still they have their own customers.

CP changed a bit... a lot of young blood who don't know anything...

TK almost the same, regulars find it easy to get served and service, lately, all the new customers find their attitude down the drain.

Lycanista

Master Member
Reaction score
TK only got 0 youngsters... all above 30s... which youngster you talking about?

is it? okay maybe they are not really youngsters, but some of them just gives you a black face or bo chup attitude when I went there to hoot some accessories.

Lycanista

Master Member
Reaction score
J316 boss is ok..., always waves to me when I pass by, very friendly, downside is they are not authorised dealers for the equipment(s) but still they have their own customers.

CP changed a bit... a lot of young blood who don't know anything...

TK almost the same, regulars find it easy to get served and service, lately, all the new customers find their attitude down the drain.

I think people like me still come to TK because they offer products that other stores do not carry, like my sirui QR plates and filters :(:s22:

My best service goes to photosphere and the audiohouse in Liang Court, there's one very friendly uncle whose service was superb.

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is it? okay maybe they are not really youngsters, but some of them just gives you a black face or bo chup attitude when I went there to hoot some accessories.
Can describe them to me?

I already lodged a complain to TK liao... they are constantly getting feedback from me through internet channels.

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
John 3:16? I will keep a > 3M distance away from them :crazy:

Yesterday go funan almost reach their shop liao i turn back walk one big round to other shops.. :s13:

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think people like me still come to TK because they offer products that other stores do not carry, like my sirui QR plates and filters :(:s22:

My best service goes to photosphere and the audiohouse in Liang Court, there's one very friendly uncle whose service was superb.
Maybe you can elaborate more?

I also don't get smiley faces when I go CP purchase stuff at times, sometimes solemn and not smiling (despite they in sales?).

Black face or bad attitude?

indigo22

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

let moi share moi experience at cathay with you~
tt time i go hoot nex 3n for le wild derpina..ask the guy (wont reveal e name here) wad the price..

he say now got promotion, he press press calculator and show me the final sum, i happy with price, i pay cash on the day, check the set and took it home

2 weeks ltr, i go back hoot a sd card and strap, so i waited for the same guy to finish attending to his customer before i approach him, he give me black face and say he very unhappy after selling me the sony..i asked why?

he say cause he didnt know 3n is not under the xmas promotion, so he undercharged me for SGD40. he say the SGD40 was docked from his own salary.

at this point, i also a bit sayang cause he got good attitude (initially during my purchase), so i thought i will pay him back the SGD40. I thought i will settle my gf stuffs first den I wanna speak to the boss to verify that I was indeed undercharged and his salary was docked.

but he then ask "so the sgd40, wad u intend to do about it" with a very stern voice and serious look. i was so turned off i just told him as a consumer, am i supposed to be aware of the different promotions by different brands? I counter proposed to him that on my words, I will come back to him when I wanna purchase my DF and hopefully he will get some commission.

He then say "nvm its ok" den he walked away..

after that, i swear not to go back to CP anymore although their prices is cheapest :mad:

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Sometime they see your pattern and behavior like not going to buy so they don't bother to serve you. Until you really want to buy liao all the service all come out.

Above is what i encounter in CP anyway.

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
morning all~~

so when is the mod changing the title of the thread to A7 owners' club?
Then moi have to leave thread :(

Seriously lately having thoughts giving up photography, feeling stressed out and not improving nor heading anywhere, kind of tired.

Thinking of selling all my equipment.

Errz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Then moi have to leave thread :(

Seriously lately having thoughts giving up photography, feeling stressed out and not improving nor heading anywhere, kind of tired.

Thinking of selling all my equipment.

bid $100 for ur D4. :D

Lycanista

Master Member
Reaction score
Can describe them to me?

I already lodged a complain to TK liao... they are constantly getting feedback from me through internet channels.

Not much complains about them, just that their way of service seems a little quaint compared to other shops. Normally I just get what I want and run off already.

I know my friend had a negative experience once when buying his first DSLR, here's a quote from him -

"I might have to disagree with most of you all.
Being newbie in photography, I'm keen and excited about owning my first dslr. I've read an intensive chunk of this forum and research, and settled on either 650D or D5200. 1k is not a lot in this hobby, but it's still a substantial amount for me. I went to tkfoto as most suggested.
When I stepped into the store, nobody came to approach me, which is fine with me. One guy at the center counter seems to ignore me, which I find it weird already. Then, seeing as there isn't a price list anywhere, I approached an uncle to ask for the price of 5200 kit. He had the bad mannerism to actually take the booklet and SLAP it on the display showcase. I was like,"ok... Dude... Chill". He flipped to last page to show the price, all without uttering a word. I wanted to flip backwards to see other prices. Guess what this guy did.

He literally force close the booklet and say,"no more no more!" I was stunned there and I still said thanks. Dunno what got into me.

Well, I would suggest all newbies to avoid this store. True their price is one of the lowest (definitely NOT the lowest around here in sg). I rather spend more at another store than patronize tkfoto again. This experience has left me totally disgusted and disappointed.

Oh maybe because I'm just wearing a simple shirt and pants and look too young to afford anything of value to them "

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sometime they see your pattern and behavior like not going to buy so they don't bother to serve you. Until you really want to buy liao all the service all come out.

Above is what i encounter in CP anyway.
I do HnR in CP.

I no longer stay to talk with the folks there...

Guess the competition & high volatility of the market is making all sales people in camera edgy.

Sometimes I also HnR in TK.

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
let moi share moi experience at cathay with you~
tt time i go hoot nex 3n for le wild derpina..ask the guy (wont reveal e name here) wad the price..

he say now got promotion, he press press calculator and show me the final sum, i happy with price, i pay cash on the day, check the set and took it home

2 weeks ltr, i go back hoot a sd card and strap, so i waited for the same guy to finish attending to his customer before i approach him, he give me black face and say he very unhappy after selling me the sony..i asked why?

he say cause he didnt know 3n is not under the xmas promotion, so he undercharged me for SGD40. he say the SGD40 was docked from his own salary.

at this point, i also a bit sayang cause he got good attitude (initially during my purchase), so i thought i will pay him back the SGD40. I thought i will settle my gf stuffs first den I wanna speak to the boss to verify that I was indeed undercharged and his salary was docked.

but he then ask "so the sgd40, wad u intend to do about it" with a very stern voice and serious look. i was so turned off i just told him as a consumer, am i supposed to be aware of the different promotions by different brands? I counter proposed to him that on my words, I will come back to him when I wanna purchase my DF and hopefully he will get some commission.

He then say "nvm its ok" den he walked away..

after that, i swear not to go back to CP anymore although their prices is cheapest :mad:

That is HIS fault for failing to know. Deducting S$40 is a good lesson for him to learn. Why the fish you need to pay back??

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not much complains about them, just that their way of service seems a little quaint compared to other shops. Normally I just get what I want and run off already.

I know my friend had a negative experience once when buying his first DSLR, here's a quote from him -

"I might have to disagree with most of you all.
Being newbie in photography, I'm keen and excited about owning my first dslr. I've read an intensive chunk of this forum and research, and settled on either 650D or D5200. 1k is not a lot in this hobby, but it's still a substantial amount for me. I went to tkfoto as most suggested.
When I stepped into the store, nobody came to approach me, which is fine with me. One guy at the center counter seems to ignore me, which I find it weird already. Then, seeing as there isn't a price list anywhere, I approached an uncle to ask for the price of 5200 kit. He had the bad mannerism to actually take the booklet and SLAP it on the display showcase. I was like,"ok... Dude... Chill". He flipped to last page to show the price, all without uttering a word. I wanted to flip backwards to see other prices. Guess what this guy did.

He literally force close the booklet and say,"no more no more!" I was stunned there and I still said thanks. Dunno what got into me.

Well, I would suggest all newbies to avoid this store. True their price is one of the lowest (definitely NOT the lowest around here in sg). I rather spend more at another store than patronize tkfoto again. This experience has left me totally disgusted and disappointed.

Oh maybe because I'm just wearing a simple shirt and pants and look too young to afford anything of value to them "
You have any idea of the staff name & roughly when it happened?

I know sometimes they are not in the best of facial expressions when attempting to reply enquiries, but this is certainly very bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.