[Fan Club] LCHF Lifestyle - Part 3

Eien_kisu

Reaction score
gf mummy spoiling me.... wanna buy from AMK to feed me :love:

what is clotted cream :s11:
according to wiki: Clotted cream (sometimes called scalded, clouted, Devonshire or Cornish cream) is a thick cream made by indirectly heating full-cream cow's milk using steam or a water bath and then leaving it in shallow pans to cool slowly. During this time, the cream content rises to the surface and forms 'clots' or 'clouts'.

It is a thick cream, with a very high fat content (a minimum of 55%, but an average of 64%); in the United States it would be classified as butter.[7] For comparison, the fat content of single cream is only 18%.

woota08

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
i received news tat my dinner will be 5 pcs of braised pork belly of 150gm each with 4 braised eggs cooked tgt...maybe i will buy another 300gm of siobak from outside to add on...
tonite i post picture...:o

so much:eek:

Isabella_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Evaporated milk is milk that is heated and most water evaporated, no added sugar.

Condensed milk is milk heated with added sugar until thick consistency.

According to wikipedia, Evaporated milk, also known as dehydrated milk, is a shelf-stable canned milk product with about 60% of the water removed from fresh milk.

So you can add water to evaporated milk to dilute the sugar to be similar to full cream milk. It will still taste different from fresh milk because it's heat treated.

so to compare (from top to bottom most sugar on top)
*condensed milk (lactose plus sucrose)
*evaporated milk (lactose)
*full cream fresh milk (lactose)
*cream
*double/heavy cream (not "thicken" cream)

wow, very detailed. thanks!

lengbebe

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Evaporated milk is milk that is heated and most water evaporated, no added sugar.

Condensed milk is milk heated with added sugar until thick consistency.

According to wikipedia, Evaporated milk, also known as dehydrated milk, is a shelf-stable canned milk product with about 60% of the water removed from fresh milk.

So you can add water to evaporated milk to dilute the sugar to be similar to full cream milk. It will still taste different from fresh milk because it's heat treated.

so to compare (from top to bottom most sugar on top)
*condensed milk (lactose plus sucrose)
*evaporated milk (lactose)
*full cream fresh milk (lactose)
*cream
*double/heavy cream (not "thicken" cream)

Check the ingredients before buying. Some cheap brands evaporated milk mix with plant oils and funny stuffs one.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.