Microsoft Surface

neumannn

Reaction score
Any recommendation on the models? 32gb/64gb/128gb

Thought the 64gb one might be an optimal mix of storage size and cost.

vesfreq

Reaction score
Any recommendation on the models? 32gb/64gb/128gb

Thought the 64gb one might be an optimal mix of storage size and cost.
Dun waste time cos the 64gb not much usable space. Unless you are thinking of storing most of ur stuff on the sd card, thumb drive or cloud, the 64gb is outright claustrophic with much of the space taken up by the os. @@ 128 gb is slightly better. 256 is perfect.

Thread carefully cos once buy liao, impossible to upgrade unless you open up to upgrade the ssd.

jason910

Master Member
Reaction score
You will be sian-ed when you realised you can't access certain website encoded with Javascript. But I was assured by Surface Team in Microsoft that their team is working hard to get Javascript working just like our phone's Java applet. But then again, he said it still depends how fast Oracle revert back to them with the coding to Microsoft team.

I was informed by the guy that I am not able to access certain sites running on JavaScript which I feel I can make do without it. My priority is ms office running on this tablet. After playing with it e build n touch is what made me love it lol.

Imperado

Reaction score
For those on Surface RT/2, if there's certain websites that dun seem to work, try running the same site your desktop's IE instead. Toggle the compatibility settings if needed.

I know it worked for me on some sites.

Tried, adding and removing them from compatibility sites.. no use

Some buttons are still not working in Surface 2 desktop IE. Especially website that runs complicated javascript with intranet. (i.e school web-portal)

Agree! My school blackboard buttons not loading =.=.. not do document then pump in to thumbdrive go school computer and submit..

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tried, adding and removing them from compatibility sites.. no use

Agree! My school blackboard buttons not loading =.=.. not do document then pump in to thumbdrive go school computer and submit..

We just bought something unproductive!

knave

Master Member
Reaction score
Sounds more like poor website design that doesn't cater to IE11 than the fault of the Surface. Though without the ability to install a replacement browser you are stuck until it gets fixed by your IT.

neumannn

Reaction score
Dun waste time cos the 64gb not much usable space. Unless you are thinking of storing most of ur stuff on the sd card, thumb drive or cloud, the 64gb is outright claustrophic with much of the space taken up by the os. @@ 128 gb is slightly better. 256 is perfect.

Thread carefully cos once buy liao, impossible to upgrade unless you open up to upgrade the ssd.

thanks for the advice. maybe i'll look at the 128gb. the 256gb is really wayy too ex heh.

vesfreq

Reaction score
thanks for the advice. maybe i'll look at the 128gb. the 256gb is really wayy too ex heh.
128 gb also easier if u r using the sp to semi replace ur desktop. Booked my 256 from vshop. Abt 1.8k. The shipping was the jialat part. Else, its ok. :)

porcu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Also,for gaming 8Gb 256Gb is better. 128Gb has only 4Gb and video is sharing the memory.

macluver

Reaction score
Am gg HK early next month. Hopefully can get a set of 128/256 SP2. So disappointed when I was in tokyo and everywhere is OOS in Feb.

vesfreq

Reaction score
Also,for gaming 8Gb 256Gb is better. 128Gb has only 4Gb and video is sharing the memory.

Yea lor. 8 gb of ram is more ammo for gaming. 4gb sp2 is so much closer to a sp1, machiam buy sp1. :s13:

The price jump from 256 to 512 is quite siao.

porcu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah..but currently gaming on my sp1. No issue also for Diablo, StarCraft, Pro Evolution Soccer 4 and Metal Gear Vengeance.
Seems to be running OK but I suppose performance sometimes stutter due to lack of memory.

vesfreq

Reaction score
Yeah..but currently gaming on my sp1. No issue also for Diablo, StarCraft, Pro Evolution Soccer 4 and Metal Gear Vengeance.
Seems to be running OK but I suppose performance sometimes stutter due to lack of memory.

MGV can run? That's impressive. I mean, I would have thought that the measly 4 gb can't do the job. Is it on full detail level? Can't wait to try on my sp2. Really wait until neck long long. :frus:

Are you referring to SC1 or SC2?

porcu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup,mgv is running at lower setting but it is still pretty damn awesome.

vesfreq

Reaction score
Same same. SP1. For MS office work, its great! Was thinking of trying assetto corsa. That may call for a sp2.

PS: Was quite bored one day and ended up layering my SP1 with matt sticker.

iwm3hs.png

Kind of paranoid of unwanted "scar marks" on it. And didnt want to spend weeks waiting for Amazon to ship. lol

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.