Microsoft Surface

vesfreq

Reaction score
Yeah, and I'm also worried about local support if I buy from overseas. Unfortunately, the models I'm looking for are all not here yet, like Miix 2 11. Need a full windows tablet like sp2 that can photoshop and have wacom digitiser.

Avn 8 is quite good. Got wacom n full windows plus office thrown in. I was tempted over acer r7 572. Comes with geforce n i7. Not sure if its using a n-trig or wacom stylus. N still cheaper than shipping in a sp2 which still wont have a geforce....

Reaction score
i have the same concerns with the above posts about buying an sp2 from overseas. and it's not cheap too so if something happens, you really suck thumb.

if by june/july sp2 is not here, either i'll get an asus zenbook or an SP1.

attapKia

Master Member
Reaction score
using the logitech mouse t630.
really small and good as a on the go mobile mouse.
no need the unifying adapter which came with my other logitech mouse M600, that takes up the usb port.

so, this one just connects with the surface pro's bluetooth.
kinda pricey, i bought it for $94 at challenger after 5% discount...or else it would have been 99 :(

vesfreq

Reaction score
no need the unifying adapter which came with my other logitech mouse M600, that takes up the usb port.

kinda pricey, i bought it for $94 at challenger after 5% discount...or else it would have been 99 :(

Thats really expensive for a mouse!

After i buy my avn8, kena shoot by friend like "y not u change to apple."

Sp still the best, big screen, usb port, display output port with wacom. Best is dun need itune. >:)

trickle_on

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My cousin is coming to visit from the US in about 2 weeks from now. Thinking of asking her to lug the SP2 here for me.

To the guys that are already using the SP2, any quirks or prevalent issues with your sets so far?

Last edited:

Imperado

Reaction score
Avn 8 is quite good. Got wacom n full windows plus office thrown in. I was tempted over acer r7 572. Comes with geforce n i7. Not sure if its using a n-trig or wacom stylus. N still cheaper than shipping in a sp2 which still wont have a geforce....

Avn 8 is what? Acer R7 is like 15 inch... if getting that might as well get a laptop liao hahaha..

damm there isnt any tablet that is running on I-core series haswell other then pro 2...

My cousin is coming to visit from the US in about 2 weeks from now. Thinking of asking her to lug the SP2 here for me.

To the guys that are already using the SP2, any quirks or prevalent issues with your sets so far?

not worry about the warranty eh?

Imperado

Reaction score
Ic, my sis is going to US too.. can ask her help me get .. but the warranty i dunno how to settle when shes back..

trickle_on

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ic, my sis is going to US too.. can ask her help me get .. but the warranty i dunno how to settle when shes back..

This might be a bit more tricky. I am not sure how Microsoft's US warranty registration works, but I think they'll require a US address.

vesfreq

Reaction score
Avn 8 is what? Acer R7 is like 15 inch... if getting that might as well get a laptop liao hahaha..

damm there isnt any tablet that is running on I-core series haswell other then pro 2...

AVN8 is the asus vivotab note 8. Its also full windows.

R7 has i7 processor and has geforce. lol. also the 15.6" screen. Power. It still has active stylus too. Good for my class use though excessive. lol

jason910

Master Member
Reaction score

I almost bought this mouse at Challenger but decide to hold back reason being I'm using a tablet so personally I think I might want to use the touch screen more for now. However this mouse is very tempting and am trying to find a Bluetooth mouse similar to it.

zhao82

Reaction score
Proud new owner of a Surface 2 :s12:

can anyone share if any shops in sg sells sleeves for S2?

vesfreq

Reaction score
Anyone had any issue with the wacom digitiser? Realised that when charging the screen is twitchy n not responsive. And worse is the digitiser alignment go off.... Crap

Zabiyaki

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just wondering but with all the trouble you guys are going through shipping this from USA and etc, have you guys considered the Dell Venue 11?

10.8inch
i3/i5/atom, 4/8gb ram and 128/256 ssd?

Even in the USA this is cheaper than the SP2..For some weird reason super ex in SG, like double price liddat
But no warranty la..

Oh and how many hours of battery life you getting on the SP1?
Ive seen mixed reviews from 6 to 4 hours(Wtf so short)?

Last edited:

vesfreq

Reaction score
Just wondering but with all the trouble you guys are going through shipping this from USA and etc, have you guys considered the Dell Venue 11?

10.8inch
i3/i5/atom, 4/8gb ram and 128/256 ssd?

Even in the USA this is cheaper than the SP2..For some weird reason super ex in SG, like double price liddat
But no warranty la..

Oh and how many hours of battery life you getting on the SP1?
Ive seen mixed reviews from 6 to 4 hours(Wtf so short)?

4 hours on sp1. I am using one myself. Worse can do like 3 plus hrs depending on my usage. heng i dont use this outdoor. Worse than my old atom laptop......

While typing this reply, i am using my asus vivotab note 8 which seems to have better battery n speed. lol

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.