The Watch Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

rachdanon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
HM5I36Z.jpg

Wah really really like this watch. Thanks for the recommendations guys :)

Seafood dinner with family.

In my opinion the reason it is so nice is because it has the desired gold tones but does it subtly, unlike these :

7e81eb035e3423555d67b3862f68a719_zps848416cb.jpg

86ce729ab8d2bf0e1002e04c06c3f03f_zpscc0a6d35.jpg

Above still can see as tasteful but these are over kill and screams "rob me!":

def374c2146bd7fe64f07403e7615ac3_zps70890561.jpg

378170b10222240a2a8e7493863e8a1a_zps0be0183b.jpg

Last edited:

yattokame

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In my opinion the reason it is so nice is because it has the desired gold tones but does it subtly, unlike these :

7e81eb035e3423555d67b3862f68a719_zps848416cb.jpg

86ce729ab8d2bf0e1002e04c06c3f03f_zpscc0a6d35.jpg

Or even more over kill these:

def374c2146bd7fe64f07403e7615ac3_zps70890561.jpg

378170b10222240a2a8e7493863e8a1a_zps0be0183b.jpg

actually the full gold GMT was on my list. I was choosing between it and the patek nautilus......even posted here to ask and got a tonne of advice.

but yes, the 57 is seriously nice...... no regrets.

I def have to thank that certain some one for posting his pic yesterday morning; and I made an unplanned visit to K2. Else it'd have been OOS and have probably have to fight the crowd tomorrow when it's replenished. hahaha.....

now waiting eagerly for the blue dials and straps for mod. dunno if my dad will like the watch or not - if he doesn't then i'll put it here for sale.

Benedetto13

Reaction score
Okay, my last picture post. Waiting for dinner guests to arrive. I really love blue. Blue watch/blue denim shirt/navy blue filson

I WAS so sure that I'll get the SNZH57 but till I saw yours, the SNZH53, you really made me go through the whole deciding process again. Going down to K2 on tuesday before I fly off to BKK on wednesday early morning, anyone heading down? Hoping to try both 53 and 57.

For the Blumo, are there other colour combi for it? And the price?

Benedetto13

Reaction score
actually the full gold GMT was on my list. I was choosing between it and the patek nautilus......even posted here to ask and got a tonne of advice.

I def have to thank that certain some one for posting his pic yesterday morning; and I made an unplanned visit to K2. Else it'd have been OOS and have probably have to fight the crowd tomorrow when it's replenished. hahaha.....

now waiting eagerly for the blue dials and straps for mod. dunno if my dad will like the watch or not - if he doesn't then i'll put it here for sale.

Can I be #1 in the queue if you happen to put on sale? hahaha :s13:

rachdanon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I'd have adviced the nautilus too. Understated prestige and doesn't look as desperate for attention from anyone who has a pair of eyes. The nautilus will catch WIS eyes, which I prefer and can even start a conversation.

taeception

Reaction score
I've never really been that into watches; my "collection" consists of a PP 6000G Calatrava(would have gone with a simpler look if I had knew better back then), a Bvlgari Diagono Chronograph(I blame it on the first Iron Man movie) and a pair of Timex Weekenders worn as the the namesake suggests.

Lurking on this thread over the past few weeks has really poisoned my mind ! I ordered a Bambino recently(Black/RG), and was contemplating ordering one more (White/TG) when I realised that I could use a cheap diver; so I got a Seiko SKX007.

The thread was moving so quickly that people must have missed my question on where we can obtain replacement springbars for Seiko watches as I misplaced mine when I was adjusting the clasp; but I figured that K2 must have had them so I went over yesterday, and the rest was history.

While helping me to resize my bracelet, Mr Goh mentioned that there was a ladies' version of the SKX007; thought it would be cool to have a "couple" watch so I bought it.

Two HWZ-ers(I'm pretty sure) came by soon just as I was leaving, to take a look at the SNZH57 and 53. I let my curiosity get the better of me, took a look at the '53, and ..

Yattokame tribute shot..

Under the sun, the blue is UNREAL.

Bonus "shades of SevenFriday's IG account" shot

Waaa I hope that is not the last piece of 53.. just now called Mr Goh at around 6pm and he say there is still 1-2 pieces left :eek: tmr must go chiong alr

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hoi! where got so old :(:(:(

22, 23 this year rah :(:(

remember the time I call you jie jie? :(

So young wear Tudor! Jelly! :(
Haha kidding, if I were you I cfm arm chio first, Suan him when I know him better lololol

But same bro, I keep my purchases from my friends who are judgemental. Don't want them to say I rich blah blah blah and bring unnecessary noise. Lol

wwarrior

Reaction score
Actually if I choose it would be the 009 cos I find it more colourful with the pepsi bezel. I don't like the Orient due to the design plus it has an extra button for the date which I don't like. Go with the iconic Seiko!

i'm looking for a watch that can be more versatile and can be used for many occasions :o
many people i know are telling me to go with the Seiko!! can't wait to get my first automatic watch soon :D

yattokame

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can I be #1 in the queue if you happen to put on sale? hahaha :s13:

hey sure :) no problem....just remind me if it happens then :)

I'd have adviced the nautilus too. Understated prestige and doesn't look as desperate for attention from anyone who has a pair of eyes. The nautilus will catch WIS eyes, which I prefer and can even start a conversation.

actually I had a full gold daydate. yellow gold suits my skin tone quite well TBH. but I sold it because, like you mentioned, attracting attention ....... way too much attention. and people judged me. I only had it for a month.

the patek.......doesnt attract much attention until recently. two ladies (around my age? 30-ish) seated next to me commented how interesting it looks. they found the shape unique. I don't think they know the brand.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyway update, I still pulled the tigger on my new strap for my pam from anthony straps66. Lol my gf say if I don't buy, i cannot concentrate on my upcoming exams. Lol

Just nice the straps will be ready right after my exams! Hehe

Last edited:

yattokame

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually only turning 25 this fri :o

happy birthday in advance!

wah if only the ta-q-bin fellow delayed until this fri then deliver your watch it would have made it even more meaningful!!!

(don't bash me ah....just kidding :D)

yattokame

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Waaa I hope that is not the last piece of 53.. just now called Mr Goh at around 6pm and he say there is still 1-2 pieces left :eek: tmr must go chiong alr

oh no I need 2 pieces! :eek: but i'm not going there until my dials and straps arrive
can ask when the next shipment will arrive? thanks ah

this is crazy hahahaha

yattokame

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i'm looking for a watch that can be more versatile and can be used for many occasions :o
many people i know are telling me to go with the Seiko!! can't wait to get my first automatic watch soon :D

so..... what are you waiting for? :D

(I think it's time to start an SNZH list with the bambino list :s22:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.