Digital TV (DVB T2) in Singapore [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

mingfreakrsx

Reaction score
where do you stay bro ? i got field data from many bros bought my receiver.

Bros from johor bahru that bought my receiver also can receive all 15 dvbt2 mediacorpse channels :D enjoying 1080hd transmission song dah :s13:

Here's a map view of my house location distance:
sWZ2R9o
( Image backup link if it doesn't work: imgur: the simple image sharer )

The blue circle points to where my house location is approximately at(Yishun South), while the orange circle points to the neighborhood area where there's DVB-T2 indoor-ready broadcast( Ang Mo Kio).

Am I able to get a relatively good indoor signal? Look forward to your field data if it applies to my situation. Thanks! :)

tan1688

Reaction score
Yishun should not be a problem, look at map directly north the bros at johor, permas jaya area already enjoying sg mediacorpse 1080hd dvbt2 transmission.

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hi, i'm new to this DVB-T2 thing, my dad asked me to help him with it. Apparently the set is unable to detect certain channels like "Channel U and OKTO". Can someone help?

I'm using this brand:
DVB-T2 Car Receiver-Digital TV for Car | SYTA TECHNOLOGY LIMITED

U might have tuned to the DVB-T signals instead, which only have HD5, CH5, CH8, CNA.

Your set probably does not comply with DVB-T2 lite (version 1.3.1) which is a requirement to the reception of MediaCorp DVB-T2 signals.

mingfreakrsx

Reaction score
Yishun should not be a problem, look at map directly north the bros at johor, permas jaya area already enjoying sg mediacorpse 1080hd dvbt2 transmission.
I see, may I know if they are using outdoor antenna or indoor antenna to receive the digital T2 signals, as outdoor reception is already available islandwide and my intention is to use an indoor antenna to receive the T2 signals.

:)

Darrus

Reaction score
U might have tuned to the DVB-T signals instead, which only have HD5, CH5, CH8, CNA.

Your set probably does not comply with DVB-T2 lite (version 1.3.1) which is a requirement to the reception of MediaCorp DVB-T2 signals.

Oh, thanks~ Isit possible to update to that version?

tan1688

Reaction score
I see, may I know if they are using outdoor antenna or indoor antenna to receive the digital T2 signals, as outdoor reception is already available islandwide and my intention is to use an indoor antenna to receive the T2 signals.
:)

sorry bro, i do not know what antenna they are using. johor bros just feedback to me can receive sg channels and get a few more sets from me =:p

tan1688

Reaction score
Hi, i'm new to this DVB-T2 thing, my dad asked me to help him with it. Apparently the set is unable to detect certain channels like "Channel U and OKTO". Can someone help?

I'm using this brand:

hi bro, can i enquire what type of monitor/lcd screen you using to receive digital broadcast for car ? what type of input does the monitor/lcd screen take ?

I looking for those 7"/8"/10" china tablets, thought to use them as monitor/lcd watch dvbt2 inside car, but tablets hdmi is output only, the tablets that i found cannot take audio video input signals (be it HDMI, Component, Composite-S)

LCD monitor is just too large and bulky, tablet is perfect.

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score

Quote: "The additional profile on DVB-T2 Lite for mobile reception is an optional requirement in the Singapore TS DVB-T2 IRD as there is no mobile receiver yet to be available readily."

Source: Page 3 http://www.mda.gov.sg/RegulationsAndLicensing/Consultation/Documents/Consultation%20Papers/Clarification%20Issued%20to%20IDAMDA%20TS%20DVBT2%20IRD.pdf

In other words, support for the DVB-T2 Lite is optional in Sg standard and MediaCorp don't broadcast for mobile reception.

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score

I'm using this brand:
More info please on the channels that can be received, with frequency and/or channel no. if available.

The set probably doesn't comply with Sg standard - this is very common with untested sets.

Darrus

Reaction score
hi bro, can i enquire what type of monitor/lcd screen you using to receive digital broadcast for car ? what type of input does the monitor/lcd screen take ?

I looking for those 7"/8"/10" china tablets, thought to use them as monitor/lcd watch dvbt2 inside car, but tablets hdmi is output only, the tablets that i found cannot take audio video input signals (be it HDMI, Component, Composite-S)

LCD monitor is just too large and bulky, tablet is perfect.

DV-7620(1).jpg

Try this?

mzabu25

Reaction score
Anyone with luck at Sengkang? :o

TV Model : LG 47LM6700

Antenna: HDB MATV (swap the MATV cable with SCV from service inlet)

Set-Top Box: China Brand DVB-T2

Received Channels: HD5, HD8, Suria HD, VAS HD, CNA, Ch 5, Ch 8, Ch U, Okto, Test 0,1,2,3.

When directly connected to the TV (DVB-T) Received: HD5, Ch 5, Ch 8, Ch U, Okto, VAS, & TV2, TV3, TV9, RCTI, SCTV

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Quote: "The additional profile on DVB-T2 Lite for mobile reception is an optional requirement in the Singapore TS DVB-T2 IRD as there is no mobile receiver yet to be available readily."

Source: Page 3 http://www.mda.gov.sg/RegulationsAndLicensing/Consultation/Documents/Consultation%20Papers/Clarification%20Issued%20to%20IDAMDA%20TS%20DVBT2%20IRD.pdf

In other words, support for the DVB-T2 Lite is optional in Sg standard and MediaCorp don't broadcast for mobile reception.
Yah but as long as the DVB-T2 receiver is compliant to v1.3.1, it will be able to support the Singapore standard which uses v1.3.1 too.

tatsit

Honorary Member
Reaction score

Received Channels: HD5, HD8, Suria HD, VAS HD, CNA, Ch 5, Ch 8, Ch U, Okto, Test 0,1,2,3.

When directly connected to the TV (DVB-T) Received: HD5, Ch 5, Ch 8, Ch U, Okto, VAS, & TV2, TV3, TV9, RCTI, SCTV

got a sample clip from your stb?

precise

Reaction score

Got exactly the same set top box with margon 2.1. It works!!

Received channels : HD5, HD8, Suria HD, VAS HD, CNA, Ch 5, Ch 8, Ch U, Okto, Test 0,1,2,3.

MoneyFace =p

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

How to do it manually? (PM me if not convenient to post here) :)

xjchew

Reaction score
Is anyone able to receive Trans7 (Indo channel) transmission from Batam?

Wish to know location, indoor/outdoor/MATV antenna, the level u are staying at if u are receiving it through ur indoor/outdoor antenna. If receiving by MATV antenna, the height of the building where the MATV is located.

(Looking for free live MotoGP race viewing :s13:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.