The Contact Lenses Thread

warhunter

Reaction score
Must weight the pros and cons lor.

Dailys more expensive, but use and throw. No need spend on solution. No need worry about protein deposit.

Monthly cheaper. But if anything happen like lost 1 side, 1 side broke or sensitive eyes sometime, that 1 pair that's it.

I used to use monthly one, first 2 weeks is OK. After that my eyes start getting red like after 5-6hrs. Washed and try again also same. End up 1 month buy 2 pair of monthly lenses.

I guess I'm just an isolated case, my gf has no issue with her monthly lens. But I'm gonna try the 1 day acuvue moist soon to see how it goes.

If your eyes start to get red after such short wearing time, it might be because the lenses are too tight for your eye and you're wearing the wrong lenses. Better to get the fitting checked by an optometrist soon. Else anything happens. Its your own fault

warhunter

Reaction score
First time wearer here..

Got my 4 boxes of contacts from the optician yesterday. Started wearing today. Took me close to 10 mins to wear both sides..

I bought Acuvue dailys for astig. My sis was telling me I should hve gotten monthly contacts instead.

Any ideas?

You don't get contact lenses from opticians. It's illegal. Contact lenses have to be prescribed by optometrists not sold. If they didn't teach you how to put it on its negligence. If they didn't perform a fitting trial. That's also negligence. If anything happens. You can sue their ass off their job.

warhunter

Reaction score
hey peeps!

got my contact lenses from bangkok and it cost 200 baht per pair (if you do not how to speak thai otherwise 100 - 150 baht)

it is more comfortable than our regular expensive brands like freshkon, acuvue and etc.

G37iDOj.jpg

Brand: Dream Color/Lollipop

Retard you can blind people with these kind of advice. Not all lenses are suitable for anyone. Moderators are not doing their job.

warhunter

Reaction score
Guys, I walked past this shop at the new wing of PS. Miru Contact lens. it looks pretty good but has anyone tried it?

Its a normal daily lens. Not really good in oxygen flow. Just their concept store to pump up local sales.

warhunter

Reaction score
i hving this issue w my newly prescribed contact lens too :(

things appear fuzzy, not sharp, no matter or far. went back to check w optician. they under-prescribed 25 deg for both eyes, and i think astig wasnt adjust fully (i have rather high astig). by right, that is like the SOP, so they are puzzled as to y i cant see things as sharp as I shld be.

i oso need to keep rubbing my eyes, which according to them is normal, cos my eyes not used to the lens yet. but 1 mth le still no improvement, n seems getting worse? :/
You do not have a proper fitting contact lens. Get an optometrist to check the fitting and the prescription. If it's getting worse. There's something wrong. As I always said. Contact lenses are prescribed not bought. If you bought it off the counter. It's only you yourself to blame.

warhunter

Reaction score
either tio 老花眼 - presbyopia, or your lenses are over prescribed(over powered).

but a difference of 0.25(4.50 and 4.25) shouldn't give such a problem.

which shop?

Don't anyhow give advice leh. Lao hua is usually under correct. He should go to an optometrist to have his prescription verified. I think he is prepresbypic. Probably around 35-39 years old. Or he is overcorrected by a huge amount and his compensatory muscles in the eye cannot focus near image as effectively as before

warhunter

Reaction score
im using a pair of 15mm (black) and a pair of 16mm (brown)

i bought my brown one at bangkok and the lens is uber comfortable. :)
That's a retarded comment. I'll tell you why its more comfortable. Our eye lid margins are as sensitive as or cornea. You feel normal lenses more because of the interaction of the lens edge with your eye lids. With lenses so big 15-16mm, the lens edge is perpetually under your lid margin. Therefore its more comfortable. Problem with these lenses is the over wear of thses lenses. All the xmm patients I see wear these lenses for 12+ hours a day everyday. This is starving your eyes off oxygen. By starving your eyes off oxygen you can start off an immune response in your cornea. Should there be just a tiny nick on the surface of your cornea. And some microbes get on it. You will be screwed. Good luck with that

warhunter

Reaction score
any bros using ao sept can give some advice?

need to air-dry the container everyday? can i just sterilise with saline before each use?

cos my hse very dusty, so i think air-dry will make it dirtier, instead of cleaner...

New research shows that cleaning dry with tissue and rinsing with saline before use is the way to go. Never have your lens case be in contact with tap water Ever. SALINE DOES NOT STERILISE STUFF. IT does not disinfect stuff even. it is only for rinsing purposes. to rinse ur case and your lenses.

rubbing the lenses have to be with AOsept or multipurpose solution. Disinfection of lenses have to be done by soaking in aosept or multipurpose solution.

There is no such thing as a sterile lens. unless when its first opened from the blister pack. sterilisation can only be done by autoclaving your lenses

Last edited:

CallmeZen

Reaction score
If your eyes start to get red after such short wearing time, it might be because the lenses are too tight for your eye and you're wearing the wrong lenses. Better to get the fitting checked by an optometrist soon. Else anything happens. Its your own fault

I agree the lens might be too tight for my eye. My eyes are tiny. My regular optician doesn't seem to do a good job on that. How much will a trip to optometrist cost?

warhunter

Reaction score
I agree the lens might be too tight for my eye. My eyes are tiny. My regular optician doesn't seem to do a good job on that. How much will a trip to optometrist cost?

That's the wrong idea bro. Tightness is not due to whether your eyes are big or small. Its due to lens sag vs sag of your eye. Depends on where you get your lenses. No one really performs a fitting because of the chair time. No one pays for consultation thus no one bothers to give the service. You can specifically ask an optometrist from the shop you got it from to check it for you. We are legally obliged to fit it before we dispense the lenses. Charging for it is one thing. Are you willing to pay for it is the other

warhunter

Reaction score

I've always said here. opticians are not licensed to sell/dispense/teach/whatever contact lenses. They are not trained in it and not licensed to do it.

Bravon

Reaction score
Any good recommendation for optical shops selling 1-Day Acuvue Trueye at cheaper price? The current promotion that I know is 8 box $438 and 12 box $655

warhunter

Reaction score
Any good recommendation for optical shops selling 1-Day Acuvue Trueye at cheaper price? The current promotion that I know is 8 box $438 and 12 box $655

not worth it to save that few bucks and get shIIIt eye check from an optometrist. find someone that checks the fitting and your eye health for your. Thats the most important part. Better to spend a bit more than to get blind because of inappropriate/inadequate advise.

Last edited:

Bravon

Reaction score
not worth it to save that few bucks and get shIIIt eye check from an optometrist. find someone that checks the fitting and your eye health for your. Thats the most important part. Better to spend a bit more than to get blind because of inappropriate/inadequate advise.
I got ur point. thanks!

deathman91

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Going to my previous school, NP again for eye check up! Been 2 years since the last check due to NS. My purpose is for contact lens fitting(not sure if the previous 1 I used 2 years ago still fit probably) and any degree power changes.

Anyone have experience trying their contact lens? Not sure if need to pay or compulsory to buy from them after trialing. If they can offer a good price then I don't mind, as I usually get them from eyelookgood.com

warhunter

Reaction score
Going to my previous school, NP again for eye check up! Been 2 years since the last check due to NS. My purpose is for contact lens fitting(not sure if the previous 1 I used 2 years ago still fit probably) and any degree power changes.

Anyone have experience trying their contact lens? Not sure if need to pay or compulsory to buy from them after trialing. If they can offer a good price then I don't mind, as I usually get them from eyelookgood.com

you can get them online, but you will never know where the source is from. with the presence of counterfeit lenses around you can never be too sure. and lenses have to be transported and stored at the correct temperature to ensure that he solutions in the blister packs remain effective. and when you order online, you are not protected from any potentially blinding conditions should it happen and you wish make a claim against the manufacturer and stuff like that.:s13:

deathman91

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you can get them online, but you will never know where the source is from. with the presence of counterfeit lenses around you can never be too sure. and lenses have to be transported and stored at the correct temperature to ensure that he solutions in the blister packs remain effective. and when you order online, you are not protected from any potentially blinding conditions should it happen and you wish make a claim against the manufacturer and stuff like that.:s13:

I don't see how is there an absences of the above mentioned worries even if you buy them from a physical shop. Besides, eyelookgood is no stranger.

warhunter

Reaction score
I don't see how is there an absences of the above mentioned worries even if you buy them from a physical shop. Besides, eyelookgood is no stranger.

you are not protected under the medical devices act. cos they are not from local sources. it is also the legal responsibility of a licensed practitioner to check the health of your eyes before dispensing the lenses to you. if you get it from those sources, again you are not protected should anything happen.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.